Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

vCash
    Vera looks like she could snap in half. She gets skinnier every year But it's not a bad program; though it's pretty much par for the course for them.

I hope this is a practice outfit for Yuri. I don't think it goes with her outfit at all.

vCash
    I actually liked their SP even if Dreams of Love is overused music

Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Vera looks stunning as always, but I think she looks better in lighter colors. And I hope that they give Yuri someone better to wear. He's boring enough as it is and an all black costume would have no connection to her dress.
    I think Larionov is wearing a skating " all black" practice costume
    like the some other russian teamsare wearing like Adelina and Puskash/Guerreiro.

I don't think he'll be skating in all black

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Adelina is my sentimental favorite of the Russian ladies. Her jumps looked strong overall. I really hope this is her year to shine and she's moved past her nerves from last season. I can't wait for the GP series to start.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Adelina is my sentimental favorite of the Russian ladies. Her jumps looked strong overall. I really hope this is her year to shine and she's moved past her nerves from last season. I can't wait for the GP series to start.
    Sometimes I think you are some future version of me. It's creepy how we like the exact same things from skating to killer whales

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    S/Z Free Dance day 3
    Last edited by Jemestone; 09-15-2012 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Leonova's LP day 3

vCash
    Voronov's SP day 3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Sotnikova's Long program
    It's official: the strong jumps and the spark do not make up for the awful music.

I think it will become tolerable if she would just cut out some of the opening howling and the one in the middle - why howl during a layback spin?

Honestly though, the program is starting to grow on me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    It's official: the strong jumps and the spark do not make up for the awful music.

I think it will become tolerable if she would just cut out some of the opening howling and the one in the middle - why howl during a layback spin?

get a disconnect, when she lands he jumps the music doesnt get a connection at all. whoever did this , does anyone know ? an we fire/him her or get him/her banned from making programs , I cant take that christina screams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post

Her skating is much better than in the previous test skate, but the program (music) is still awful. But she is landing more jumps than two weeks ago. So in another two three weeks it may be completely ready. In some programs the voice may be enhancement but here I wish there would be no voice at all...

vCash
    Makarova LP day 3

vCash
    Makarova LP day 3
    I wonder why is her LP only 3 mins 10 long?

vCash
    J. Plushenko looks different in this program, he was smiling a lot during the performance. Overall, a softer look. The Romeo and Juliet program went in that direction as well. He pointed out that the program is still raw and needs to be polished a lot. Hopefully he'll do that. Good for him to go for the quad Salchow again after so many years. Axel as strong as ever.
    He won't take part in tomorrow's last test skate, he said.

A. Gachinski I liked that one. I didn't recognize the music. This program has potential, hopefully his jumps will get more consistent.

A. Sotnikova The voice is distracting, I agree with many other posters. But Adelina sells her program well and she looks matured and grown up. She also said that she feels more grown up. :-)

E. Bobrova/D. Soloviev I wish they would have kept the original version of their music, that is without the Tosca part, but in general I like the changes and improvements to their skating. They really do look different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How many Russian pairs and dance couples skate to the music from Godfather?
    Volosozhar/Trankov, Davankova/Deputat, Riazanova/Tkachenko...
    It could be worse, they could all be using the Edvin Marton version.

Loved Volosozhar/Trankov's program.

vCash
    Did he tell you he will keep this program with 100 music cuts instead of Miyamoto's? I cant believe this is not just for test skates and he abandoned R&J for good :/ that looked like a real program.

Where is Liza?

vCash
    Liza was injured, but back on the ice.

M/K Free dance day 3

vCash
    T. Volosozhar/M. Trankov SP Godfather jazz version
    A new and different style for them, like that much better than last year's SP. Back to throw triple loop in the SP (good choice) and add 3S instead of 3T. They said that they moved the 3T into the second half of the FS and do the 3S in combination.

V. Bazarova/J. Larionov SP
    "Liebestraum" a little generic. Replaced throw triple flip with throw triple loop.

K. Stolbova/F. Klimov SP
    "Interview with a vampire", cool program and ideas, not clean yet. Maxim Trankov praised them. :-)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Angry birds the program almost.
    It sort of was, but I want to see him in competition before I pass judgment, he seems to really shine there.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I didn't like V/T short at all Don't know why.
    They can do so much more than what they were given. I hope this wasn't the skate that Morozov said he was saving that no one else could do I guess I'll have to wait to see if the free skate blows me away, if not the German's new programs may be good enough this year to win again.

Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Stolbova and Klimov have the first lift I haven't hated this year! I like the Addams family free and I hope she can get a hold of her jumps soon. I really appreciate how they consistently produce really original programs .
    Not everyones lifts were ugly, I don't know why some were so bad and some not. I think S/K have the best short programs so far this season of the pairs, I hope they can execute them well.

Same old boring stuff as usual; they don't do anything to set themselves apart and with as good as the Canadians are getting and maybe D/C they may lose footing in the standings unless their free skate is stellar.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post

E. Bobrova/D. Soloviev I wish they would have kept the original version of their music, that is without the Tosca part, but in general I like the changes and improvements to their skating. They really do look different.
    I agree with this - although I understand the need to make the change to something with a bit more excitement, I don't know why Tosca was necessary. Did TAT say that they had to use Tosca? Because if she did then I understand because they don't want to be panned by TAT and the Russian fed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Her skating is much better than in the previous test skate, but the program (music) is still awful. But she is landing more jumps than two weeks ago. So in another two three weeks it may be completely ready. In some programs the voice may be enhancement but here I wish there would be no voice at all...
    Her improvement in these 2 weeks is amazing. Is her opening lutz supposed to be a 3/3? Lutz/loop or lutz/toe? 7 triples and 2 2axels is going to be very competitive content. Now she needs to fix her spins...

Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast