Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IRIS1975 View Post
    Yelena Matveeva, an outstanding Russian(Soviet) choreographer began to work with Ilinych-Katsalapov. She choreographed programs for Moiseeva-Minenkov, Klimova-Ponomarenko, Slutskaya, Kondrashova
    Is Yelena Matveeva related to Matveev who choreographed programs for Barezhnaya-Sikharulidze? I think he choreo'ed Dark Eyes, Happy Valley, and Concert for Coloratura, among others. I really liked his work.

vCash
    There couldn't be more of a sign I/k are getting rid of ghost! NHK should be interesting more so as to see what free dance I/k do. The only thing missing from the criticism is the australian federation!!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    There couldn't be more of a sign I/k are getting rid of ghost! NHK should be interesting more so as to see what free dance I/k do. The only thing missing from the criticism is the australian federation!!

I think they will have to do Ghost at NHK. Maybe even GPF? Then maybe skip Nationals, and have a new FD for Euros. At least I hope so. They could also just be editing the music and changing the choreography for Ghost, meh.

We can get really ambitious and do a new SD, also...

vCash
    But wait, if I&K ditch or even modify "Ghost" does that mean that we won't get to see Morozov's lip synching to the tune?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    But wait, if I&K ditch or even modify "Ghost" does that mean that we won't get to see Morozov's lip synching to the tune?
    i bet he still might, he seems to like it
    i'd be happy with a new frock, elena looks like she is working on a collective farm in the 20s
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvJp...2&feature=plcp

free skate of antipova/maisuradze

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post

I think they will have to do Ghost at NHK. Maybe even GPF? Then maybe skip Nationals, and have a new FD for Euros. At least I hope so. They could also just be editing the music and changing the choreography for Ghost, meh.

We can get really ambitious and do a new SD, also...
    I don't think they have the ability to skip nationals. They're just going to have to switch in whatever is the biggest gap between competitions and just deal with the consequences of a sudden switch.

vCash
    they just have to remove the disgusting voice overs " Hey, I see You ", omg
    and their FD will be tolerable

YEAH!
    vCash
    I don't think they have the ability to skip nationals. They're just going to have to switch in whatever is the biggest gap between competitions and just deal with the consequences of a sudden switch.
    I am thinking if they make GPF and have their showdown with B&S there, the Russian fed will have their top 2 secure and it will ok for one to skip Nationals.

vCash
    I am thinking if they make GPF and have their showdown with B&S there, the Russian fed will have their top 2 secure and it will ok for one to skip Nationals.
    But if they do make significant changes to their FD, wouldn't it be better for them to skate the new program at nationals, so they get an additional opportunity to perform the new program in front of an audience and get feedback from the judges?

YEAH!
    vCash
    But if they do make significant changes to their FD, wouldn't it be better for them to skate the new program at nationals, so they get an additional opportunity to perform the new program in front of an audience and get feedback from the judges?
    Good point. I am just not sure if they'll have the time to put it together without actually skipping something. It would require a lot of smart planning and hard work, which, erm...

vCash
    In program switching that includes a gpf qualification it is normal to skip the gpf. K/n skipped both the gpf and Russian nationals.

vCash
    It may or may not be beneficial for them. There is this big issue about who is Russian #1 pair. So if I/K show up at Russian nationals with a new raw program and loose to B/S again, this won't look good. If they beat B/S at GPF and want to change the program it could be better to skip nationals to avoid loosing the status. My guess is that they will make changes to the existing program and not make the new one though.

YEAH!
    vCash
    In program switching that includes a gpf qualification it is normal to skip the gpf. K/n skipped both the gpf and Russian nationals.
    Yeah I think B&A did that too. But with it being in Sochi and I&K's first time qualifying, I am certain they will try to go.

vCash
    Yeah I think B&A did that too. But with it being in Sochi and I&K's first time qualifying, I am certain they will try to go.
    Skating in Sochi in the GPF may make them less likely to skip that. But then I really think they might not skip anything and just switch. They show up in NHK with Ghost and its changed it will all be like when B&A went to their second GP with That's Entertainment and everyone was like "they know there are problems and they are making changes and tweaks and trying to make it better" but once something has a horrible reputation its hard to keep with it! That could be what I/K do with Ghost but it will not really change anything.
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 11-19-2012 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Are there any rumours of them changing that craptastic program ? Please say so !
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    Wow, the content is very ambitious and how they can develop as a team as the season progresses. The elements are already there they need bit more polish and speed... I am still cant believe that was a triple twist...

vCash
    Hey guys, wanted to tell you that I was at TEB and got to meet Tuk and Lip - Tuk was very nice and I asked her if she might do the triple axel. She said mischievously "I don't know"

vCash
    After the [TEB] competition was over, [Polina] Korobeynikova and her coach, former world competitor and European medalist Viktoria Volchkova, took some time to explain how -- in their view -- that new wave had appeared and what it meant in Russian skating today.
    Full article by Jean-Christophe Berlot: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news (link corrected, thanks BittyBug!)
    Last edited by Sylvia; 11-20-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: To swap in correct link to article
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Full article by Jean-Christophe Berlot: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    I think this is the correct link:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast