Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I dont know where Tut is....
    When I look out cloudy chilly and rainy for the last day at least and also yesterday morning!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Tuk Tuk interview in Canada
    Tuk: "...my main rival is always myself."
    Plu: "My main competitor is myself"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    PML oh Lord, I&K need to wd from their GP events right now citing her shoulder injury, and change coaches and programs. He cannot be serious with those programs. Send them to Zoueva for all I care. And people made fun of the voiceovers in V&M's Umbrellas, hah! Ghost the musical really? Did you ever think you'd see an FD with a voiceover that says "I'm talking to you, esse!" in some caricatured Latino voice? This is what happens when you waste all summer traveling... now there is no time to make necessary changes.

Too bad because their skating does look somewhat improved, and he especially is such a good partner now, but their lifts are still crap and the programs are boring.

That version of Unchained Melody is quite nice actually.... first two minutes of this program are salvageable if the talking is removed.
    I feel like its the same story since I&K moved to seniors. I&K show up looking rusty with questionable programs at the beginning of the season, lots of from fans and I&K eventually getting stronger as the season progresses. Stronger, but IMO they never seem to quite hit their peak. I'm always left with the feeling that there is some hidden potential that is never quite reached.

I'm not a big fan of the Ghost exhibition program. I can only hope that exhibition is in fact an exhibition and nothing like their FD.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anna1506 View Post
    Now can someone please, PLEASE take a spoonful of their confidence and feed it to Artur?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayra View Post
    I feel like its the same story since I&K moved to seniors. I&K show up looking rusty with questionable programs at the beginning of the season, lots of from fans and I&K eventually getting stronger as the season progresses. Stronger, but IMO they never seem to quite hit their peak. I'm always left with the feeling that there is some hidden potential that is never quite reached.
    I know. And I feel the same about V&T who are also choreographed by Morozov. I seem to like them a little bit less every year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I know. And I feel the same about V&T who are also choreographed by Morozov. I seem to like them a little bit less every year.
    Alas, me too. V/T are my personal disappointment of the year, because they are incredible, but I just cannot care without the programs that I like. Maybe the programs will grow on me, especially the LP, but I hoped this year would be "a year of experiment" for them, because surely they are not going to add a whole lot of innovative transitions in Olympic year.
    Oh well. Looking forward to everybody in SC, happy for Martiusheva/Rogonov getting NHK ( though wish Narumi's shoulder were OK)
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Now can someone please, PLEASE take a spoonful of their confidence and feed it to Artur?
    Don't misunderstand! Look at this video, Plush said a long time ago But i understand what he is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
    Last edited by lala; 10-26-2012 at 06:36 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Don't misunderstand! Look at this video, Plush said a long time ago But i understand what he is thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVGRZLmIEIw
    No. Plushy said it always. Even in recent days To think the main rival is himself/herself is a Mishin's principle. Gachinski also says the same way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by anna1506 View Post
    This is a standard answer you get from almost every skater especially when they want to be politically correct. My only rival is myself, the only thing I can do is do my best, the rest is to for me to decide, etc, etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    No. Plushy said it always. Even in recent days To think the main rival is himself/herself is a Mishin's principle. Gachinski also says the same way.
    I think, though, that the difference is that Plushy believes it. He knows he is great, he knows he is a fantastic skater, he truly believes in his own skating and his own worth. Artur tries to talk the talk like Plushy does, but I don't think he believes it. I don't think he really believes that he is so wonderful, I don't think he really believes in himself.

It makes me sad, because he is such a wonderful skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Hm... really. If I right remember....

vCash
    Tuk Tuk made mistakes :

Cup of Nice upset, Starygina/Volobuev scored 56+ in SP ahead by more than 2 points from Monko/Khaliavin again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZH...4&feature=plcp

vCash
    Five Russian men competed today and gachinski was 4th in TES. Different competitions of course so there is that! Third in free skate score

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Tuk Tuk made mistakes :

Cup of Nice upset, Starygina/Volobuev scored 56+ in SP ahead by more than 2 points from Monko/Khaliavin again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClZH...4&feature=plcp
    Not surprised at all - despite all his talk about how Monko and Khaliavin are equals to Bobrova and Soloviev, it's never been the case, and he's treated the two of them quite differently. Look at their respective dances and the choreography in each. Bobrova and Soloviev have Zhulin's A work and Monko and Khaliavin have his C work.
    Not that I mind - Bobrova and Soloviev are much better all around and deserve Zhulin's attention more since they actually have a chance to medal at Sochi.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Not surprised at all - despite all his talk about how Monko and Khaliavin are equals to Bobrova and Soloviev, it's never been the case, and he's treated the two of them quite differently. Look at their respective dances and the choreography in each. Bobrova and Soloviev have Zhulin's A work and Monko and Khaliavin have his C work.
    Not that I mind - Bobrova and Soloviev are much better all around and deserve Zhulin's attention more since they actually have a chance to medal at Sochi.
    nvm, Monko/Khaliavin won the Free Dance, I prefer Stargina/Volobuiev
    M/K I think they have problem also with height she is even taller than him now !

sad Tuk Tuk only finished 4th, but she was fighting in her FS
    good enough placement coming from an injury imo

vCash
    Unfortunately Monko/Khaliavin are not doing that well and I honestly don't expect them to do better at this point.She looks bigger than him,and maybe they're not so easy to work with and has fast results,especially with the current rules in ice dancing.
    And I didn't like all the talk especially in Russian forums about how they're better than B/S and at least equal.I guess they have a lot of friends,but instead of their fans whining all over the net they should see at the eye of the problem.
    I'm not sure she's taller than him,but Denkova/Stavisky didn't have a height difference and still managed to be as good as they were with tonz of hard work.And I'm not even a fan,by a longshot.
    At this point and after seeing R/T last night...Maybe Sinitsina/Zhiganzin will get the third place in the team.I was completely disappointed by R/T.I don't know what's wrong,they're good individual skaters,but when you skate to the Godfather you can't act pretty,as Ilia did and you can't beautify like this all your moves.Katia was always my problem in the team,but last night I actually saw glimpses of that Katia who was skating with Guerreiro.

vCash
    I don't think Sinitsina/Zhiganshin can become Russian No.3 this season R/T will still be on same position and they medaled in the GP
    I hope S/Z leave Kustarova and Alexeeva soon

Polina K.'s Long Program: , she won Cup of Nice
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1CW...Q&feature=plcp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    I think, though, that the difference is that Plushy believes it. He knows he is great, he knows he is a fantastic skater, he truly believes in his own skating and his own worth. Artur tries to talk the talk like Plushy does, but I don't think he believes it. I don't think he really believes that he is so wonderful, I don't think he really believes in himself.

It makes me sad, because he is such a wonderful skater.
    Well said. An athlete has to truly believe it in his/her heart. Words don't mean a thing if you don't believe them.

vCash
    Ksenia Makarova just shown on NBC right now and even only seeing part of her long I'm so sad. I'd much rather see that program at Worlds than Sotnikova's, but what are the chances of it happening?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    Ksenia Makarova just shown on NBC right now and even only seeing part of her long I'm so sad. I'd much rather see that program at Worlds than Sotnikova's, but what are the chances of it happening?
    Less than 50%. Makarova can get good sp scores and sometimes it is surprising how much that helps her considering her free skate involves loops, toes, and salchows for triples!

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast