Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I hate that Sotnikova lost the silver due to the rules

The Fed must give them proper coaching on this so that she wouldn't become the female Oda

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    I hate that Sotnikova lost the silver due to the rules

The Fed must give them proper coaching on this so that she wouldn't become the female Oda
    I actually think she may not have necessarily beaten Christina has she done a solo 3lo, which has a BV of 5.61 after the halfway point, which is very close to what Christina beat her by, meaning depending on GOE, Christina could have still ended up ahead of Adelina. Adelina likely would have edged her out, but looking at numbers, the result would have been veryyy close indeed.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shan View Post
    I can't believe it is Ghost the Musical. I had myself convinced that it was Ghost (that other movie w/ the Desplat soundtrack). I mean who would pick this for a program?????? Oh dear, they just continue to struggle to get it right. The SD will be a change from perky polkas, but that FD
    I can't believe it's Ghost the Musical either, and that they used those parts. What the heck was Morozov smoking when he decided to use the Ghost-Dude-Gets-Shot scene, complete with dialogue?

YEAH!
    vCash
    Just noticed Jemestone's location... is it really true that Berezhnaya is coaching now? That is so cool! Is it in Moskvina's group?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    Just noticed Jemestone's location... is it really true that Berezhnaya is coaching now? That is so cool! Is it in Moskvina's group?
    Yes

vCash
    That was tweeted about a while ago, anyone is lucky to have her!

vCash
    She would have been the perfect coach for Lubov Iliushechkina.

vCash
    I love I/K's SD! I think I could watch it endlessly. Especially Elena looks so gorgeous in that dress and the program accentuates her eccentric beauty But they do need to polish up their pattern dance, it was little messy. As for the FD... Is Morozov losing his touch?! With his dreadful choreography for some singles skaters aside, I thought at least with this team, he would give his best shot and make them a champion as he's been saying so blatantly. I don't know maybe I'm just under this impression because I don't like the music cut at all and it is just their first outing. But seriously

vCash
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5649.html

Elena says in this interview that it wasn't the full version of the FD - fingers crossed that means they have a different music edit for competition.

ETA: She also said they won't be in Nice this week, but instead they're doing a competition in Romania next week and then going back to Novogorsk to train with Denis Samokhin.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5649.html

Elena says in this interview that it wasn't the full version of the FD
    ...because there is at least 1 minute more of talking!
    when i watched the thing for the first time, i thought of the dialogues between Barbie and Ken in Aqua's Barbie Girl.

vCash
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20121022/...#ixzz2A3LUQhMs
    Article with Maxim Staviski's thoughts on Skate America -
    Basically, he says that he was quite impressed and surprised with how much improvement Bobrova and Soloviev, especially Dimitri, made. He says that Davis and White were overmarked and that he things that both of Bobrova and Soloviev's dances are great. He says that he likes all three SD's from the top teams and that they are all very different. He says that Davis and White's pattern is too small. He says that Bobrova and Soloviev can beat Davis and White based on what he's seen this season both in competition and in practice.

Obviously he has to say amazing things about Bobrova and Soloviev, but I doubt that they will beat Davis and White. That said, I definitely think that, if they keep going after Sochi, they can be gold medal contenders in Pyongchang.
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-22-2012 at 11:32 PM.

vCash
    Davis and Whites PCS makes them totally unreachable!! It's not changing it's not going lower 10's are common. No team is going anywhere against them or virtue moir until they are retired! Then dance will go back to the times of cop when all the medalist could be separated by 1,2, or 3 points not 15!!
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 10-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20121022/...#ixzz2A3LUQhMs
    Article with Maxim Staviski's thoughts on Skate America -
    Basically, he says that he was quite impressed and surprised with how much improvement Bobrova and Soloviev, especially Dimitri, made. He says that Davis and White were overmarked and that he things that both of Bobrova and Soloviev's dances are great. He says that he likes all three SD's from the top teams and that they are all very different. He says that Weaver and Poje focused too much on the key points and that Davis and White's pattern is too small. He says that Bobrova and Soloviev can beat Davis and White based on what he's seen this season both in competition and in practice.

Obviously he has to say amazing things about Bobrova and Soloviev, but I doubt that they will beat Davis and White. That said, I definitely think that, if they keep going after Sochi, they can be gold medal contenders in Pyongchang.
    Sorry for the correction, but I think he said the opposite - that everyone is too focused on key-points only, but W/P paid attention to the entire pattern, all the steps were performed correctly on good edges.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Sorry for the correction, but I think he said the opposite - that everyone is too focused on key-points only, but W/P paid attention to the entire pattern, all the steps were performed correctly on good edges.
    Oops - read it wrong
    Will go back and edit it. That's what I get for speed reading during exam study periods...

vCash
    So I watched the CBC video of the top 3 Dance FD's, and they loved Bobrova and Soloviev. It seemed like Kurt Browning knew that they were going to beat Weaver and Poje after the two teams both skated.
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...#id=2295092047
    It's a bit of the way in - pretty good quality too.

vCash
    ^^ Thanks very much for the link. I found that Canadian commentators did a much better job explaining all the improvements that Bobrova/Soloviev made than the Russian ones.

vCash
    Tuk Tuk interview in Canada

Elizaveta, my first question is about your physical condition. Are you completely recovered from the injury?

Liza: If evaluate my physical shape on a 10 points scale, I would put myself 8 points.

You came to Canada almost a week before the event. Is this due to acclimatization or to get better acquainted with the host of competitions?

Liza: Yes, you are right. We arrived in Canada in advance to slightly adapt to the local time.

You are the reigning Skate Canada champion. In your opinion, in what the upcoming competitions will be different for you from the last year, except the fact that last year was your senior Grand Prix debut?

Liza: I think the main difference is the experience. Last year I was an unknown debutante girl. This year I just have to perform like I can and not to fall below my level.

And what are your thoughts about the set of competitors?

Liza: The set of competitors is not so important for me because my main rival is always myself.

Many Russian skaters admire the North American autumn. How about you?

Liza: I’m in Toronto now and the weather here is wonderful: sunny, warm, no rain It’s just so lovely! And the skating rink, where I’m preparing for the competition, is very good!

A few words about your main purposes.

Liza: I don’t like to predict events as well as make plans for the first place. The main thing for me is just to skate well my programs and then let the judges decide!

http://fskating.com/2012/10/tuktamys...the-title.html

vCash
    I just love Liza's confidence I see no one else beating her at SC, so I hope she defends her SC title!

vCash
    I just adore this young lady! Good luck Tuk Tuk!

vCash
    I hope she does amazing! She already looked pretty good in St. Petersburg - much better than I had expected considering her injuries. Hopefully she does even better at each competition! She's such a talent for Sochi and beyond!

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast