Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I want them to go to Igor.
    Anyone is better than Morozov! Igor's programs are pretty boring from what we've seen so far, but at least they're not.... whatever it is that I&K are doing. At this point I would consider Tchaikovskaya to be an improvement!

vCash
    The second part of this program is ridiculous, the way it starts makes it sound like a Disney on Ice show... and how is it supposed to connect with the first part anyway?

vCash
    Well that program is ridiculous...perhaps they are teasing us and will change the music later on but, somehow, I feel this is one of Morozov's great ideas and "innovations" like putting lyrics in Amodio's programs.
    It's really frustrating cauze, OTOH, I think they're skating better than ever

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bek View Post
    I want them to go to Igor.
    So you want two Russian dance teams to do Godfather to complement the two Russian pairs doing it?

vCash
    I can't believe it is Ghost the Musical. I had myself convinced that it was Ghost (that other movie w/ the Desplat soundtrack). I mean who would pick this for a program?????? Oh dear, they just continue to struggle to get it right. The SD will be a change from perky polkas, but that FD

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeperryfan View Post
    The second part of this program is ridiculous, the way it starts makes it sound like a Disney on Ice show... and how is it supposed to connect with the first part anyway?
    Not sure if you have ever seen the movie... the first part portrays the love story between the characters. There is a famous scene where they make clay sculptures to the music of Unchained Melody. In the middle, he gets shot in an apparent mugging. He then comes back as a ghost and finds out that the shooting was not random and he needs to save her life (which they don't really portray in their dance).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlntGjivRzg&feature=plcp
    Guys, I think that this abomination might be Elena and Nikita's new Free Dance... I was cracking up the entire time because of all the OTT drama.

It would fit in with the ghost theme since it seems like he gets shot and then comes back to life.
    Hate this. Does no one in Morozov's camp care about subtletly and realize that sometimes less is more?

vCash
    B&S fans should thank Morozov very much for these craptastic programs for I&K.

I think the Andijan polka could be good with some work, but that Ghost program

vCash
    I/K twizzles looked really good there in the ghost program. If that is their official free Dance then they can tie some time between their last gp and Russian nationals or euros to change it if judges don't like it and their pcs goes below 8's.

vCash
    I think Elena & Nikita have a great FD.
    The SD, I'm not so sure on. Mostly because the music really bugs me.

You can tell that Elena hasn't been able to train as much because of her shoulder injury. She looks rather rusty.
    Last edited by Cloudy_Gumdrops; 10-21-2012 at 06:34 PM.

vCash
    For these complaining about the judges seeing B&S's progress, check out the protocols. Concentrate on the TES:
    They got 4 of 6 key points on the Yankee Polka.
    They got level 3 on the steps.
    And this is the beginning of the year.
    Last year at Worlds in the SD, they got only level 2 on their step (which is pretty much what they got all year)
    and only 3 of 6 key points on the rhumba
    Both times, the twizzles were only level 3.

So they are starting this year on the technical side ahead of where they finished last year.
    I call that progress for sure.
    I'll bet their PCS go up at their next outing at CoC, and they may challenge Pechalat & Bourzat there!

vCash
    I wanted Elena/Nikita to solidify as Russia's no. 1, but that hideous OTT FD, is just soo....
    I guess B/S could still lead and stay at the top as Russian No. 1, I will have to look more on Stepanova/Bukin next season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    So they are starting this year on the technical side ahead of where they finished last year.
    I call that progress for sure.
    I'll bet their PCS go up at their next outing at CoC, and they may challenge Pechalat & Bourzat there!
    W/P are also at China, so it should be interesting.

vCash
    Bobrova and Soloviev win silver at Skate America!!!
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FD_Scores.pdf
    Protocols -
    Bobrova and Soloviev had the highest tech base value!!!

vCash
    I just posted my disbelief and disgust over I&K's programs in another thread but I'll take it here.

The ridiculousness of the FD has been pretty well covered, but the SD...

Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    No, Andijan Polka is Uzbek music - it's a little similar to Indian style dancing, but not quite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmuRmq17oG4
    It really doesn't matter what the music/style is when all the choreography happens while standing in place, and the rest of the program is just them skating around without any attention to the music. There was nothing choreographically going on between the twzzles and the sbs sequence.

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    B&S fans should thank Morozov very much for these craptastic programs for I&K.
    For real though. I just got done criticizing it, but B&S's porgram is a masterpiece compared to this crap.

Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    LOL yeah great improvement from B/S but no placement improvement as of yet. Need to beat W/P in the FD. Show placement improvement ability.
    You were saying.

vCash
    After the splat-fest that was Skate America, I'm just a little nervous for Artur at Skate Canada this week...come on boy, cause an upset, I know you can.

vCash
    I/K FD. I find it almost unwatchable. What is Morozov doing with people whom I considered absolute stars just over a year ago... In a recent interview, though, they said that the muisc for their FD is being written; so i assume they are doing the same trick as last year and skating to a different music in competitions. Or so I hope. Morozov must be tone- deaf, and if they do not change music for smth. better I'll be watching I/K on mute.
    Last edited by dinakt; 10-22-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Here's a better video of I/K's FD

Also a better video of their SD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post

You were saying.
    They had placement improvement- good start

Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    After the splat-fest that was Skate America, I'm just a little nervous for Artur at Skate Canada this week...come on boy, cause an upset, I know you can.
    He was weak at the sochi test event hopefully he will be together and outdo menshov's fourth place- which would be his best showing at a gp I think.

vCash
    Also had a tech score increase - similar GOE (slightly higher) than WP and much higher base value
    Still being held down slightly in PCS IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    They had placement improvement- good start

He was weak at the sochi test event hopefully he will be together and outdo menshov's fourth place- which would be his best showing at a gp I think.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast