Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Autumn_girl View Post
    Liza's SP at St Petersburg cup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSYHZDbjYd0&feature=plcp
    love this program, suits her very well
    Woo!!! Can't wait to see her FS! I find it funny that people are saying that she's being conservative - she just came back from an injury and puberty issues and she's doing a triple triple, a triple loop and a tano double axel

vCash
    ^

I don't think Liza gained that much weight at all, maybe I need close up shots
    that's why I'm confused when Mishin mentioned Liza got Fat ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    the russian wonderbabies going the safety way.

don´t know if that strategy will bring her or sotnikova a medal in sotchi.
    let´s see.

but happy to see her skate. her early performances last season were delightful
    Liza has just recovered from a knee injury. No doubt the 3Zx3T combination will be re-incorporated into her programs at some point during the season when she is ready.

vCash
    I am really impressed with Tuktamisheva! that is a good program and she looks very confident. For me this program is a step forward in terms of presentation and projection of her skating, more mature looking. Davai Liza!

She seems a bit more ´lady´ body shape, in a way she remembers me of Elene Gedevanishvili, hopefully Liza wont grow THAT much in terms of her tatas, it could be a BIG problem literally.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Tatjana Flade just tweeted a link to her recap of the Moscow test skate from mid-September for ifsmagazine:

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...ian-test-event
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    Liza has definitely gone from a girl's to a woman's body already. Given than and the injury on top, the fact she can skate a program like that is worthy of .

Of course the marks are (second 3toe seemed slightly cheated, break after steps before 3loop, etc. etc.) but still well done. Hopefully she won't grow much more. And this kind of jump content will do for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Liza has definitely gone from a girl's to a woman's body already. Given than and the injury on top, the fact she can skate a program like that is worthy of .

Of course the marks are (second 3toe seemed slightly cheated, break after steps before 3loop, etc. etc.) but still well done. Hopefully she won't grow much more. And this kind of jump content will do for now.
    Well given that its her first comp after the injury, I think it's fine that there are small problems. After all, a lot of the top skaters messed up their opening competition even when they weren't injured, so the fact that she went clean is a great sign. I can tell that Mishin is doing a lot to make sure that she can keep her confidence up so that she won't have as much to worry about during the season.
    And I'm sure that she'll upgrade her jump content if she stays healthy. Also she'll probably add more connecting steps before the jumps or at least not telegraph them as much. That's what she was doing last season at least.
    Also about her sp, I really liked that bit of connecting steps between the first two spins.

vCash
    Protocols from St Petersburg - http://fsevents.narod.ru/event/s1213..._FS_Scores.pdf

Tuk had two mistakes (no triple triple and double instead of triple loop)
    But still an amazing start to the season considering her injuries
    But good edges on her Lutz and Flip (which was executed well, finally!!!)

vCash
    Good for Tuk. A 2A+3T in the second half of the program is nothing to sneeze at, either. Very solid start for the season.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    she doubled her 3R ?

but still commendable she had no falls considering she was injured
    I was never that worried about her or Julia, they seem to have the mental strength unlike Adelina who I'm sorry to say is the weakest of the three mentally

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    she doubled her 3R ?

I was never that worried about her or Julia, they seem to have the mental strength unlike Adelina who I'm sorry to say is the weakest of the three mentally
    Yeah doubled the 3R and omitted the three jump combo

vCash
    Yeah doubled the 3R and omitted the three jump combo
    No 3-3 I don't think she can win Skate Canada, Gold is probably a lock,
    but she could still podium with Akiko

vCash
    No 3-3 I don't think she can win Skate Canada, Gold is probably a lock,
    but she could still podium with Akiko
    You think that Gracie will beat Tuk? I'm not sure - I haven't seen Gracie's programs this year.

Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKXLDAyrfh4&feature=plcp
    Stepanova and Bukin's SD - they changed the lift to something less attractive that still gets them level 4
    Level 3 on steps and on patterns and twizzles - level 4 on everything else

vCash
    You think that Gracie will beat Tuk? I'm not sure - I haven't seen Gracie's programs this year.
    Liza can still do 7 triples routine if she changes her 2A at the end of the program for 3T, since she is already doing 2A+3T. On top of that Liza already does a 3T+3T in the SP. Though she would have to land at least 6 triples to win. I have to see Gold perform again since Gold did falter in her international senior debut last year. I think both the girls will have to go clean for any chance to win the title.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Liza can still do 7 triples routine if she changes her 2A at the end of the program for 3T, since she is already doing 2A+3T. On top of that Liza already does a 3T+3T in the SP. Though she would have to land at least 6 triples to win. I have to see Gold perform again since Gold did falter in her international senior debut last year. I think both the girls will have to go clean for any chance to win the title.
    To be fair, Gold had to add 30 seconds to her program between JW and WTT
    Anyway, I think that Liza will go back to her normal jump content eventually
    (3Lz-3T, 3F, 3Lo, 2A-3T, 3S-2T-2Lo, 2A) and maybe add a triple axel some time.

vCash
    she doubled her 3R ?

Julia hasn't gone through the growth spurts that Adelina for instance has gone through. Next year might be her year to have to struggle because right now she's still tiny. That won't last.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Julia hasn't gone through the growth spurts that Adelina for instance has gone through. Next year might be her year to have to struggle because right now she's still tiny. That won't last.
    Julia is growing already in cms, her coach even mentions in interview and Julia said herself in her sparshavai

mental fortitude I think cannot be taught though, consistency is what makes winners which I'm afraid Adelina doesn't have atm ( most will agree Adelina is the most beatable of the three), Tuk is growing right now but she has handled it better than Adelina last season

vCash
    Julia is growing already in cms, her coach even mentions in interview and Julia said herself in her sparshavai

mental fortitude I think cannot be taught though, consistency is what makes winners which I'm afraid Adelina doesn't have atm ( most will agree Adelina is the most beatable of the three), Tuk is growing right now but she has handled it better than Adelina last season
    The thing is that Tuk has the best technique on jumps, so she's likely to be the one to survive puberty out of the three if only one can.

vCash
    The thing is that Tuk has the best technique on jumps, so she's likely to be the one to survive puberty out of the three if only one can.
    Technique alone won't help if you are not mentally tough
    Adelina had good technique too other than her flutz, Julia has good technique
    also besides her flutz and 2A, her jumps actually got bigger this season. Radionova has very clean edges although sometimes her landings can be clunky

what separates Tuk and Julia imo are they just have more toughness, If you look even in 2009 videos, Julia rarely even falls on her jumps.

Adelina needs some sort of psychologist, she suffers the same with Kanako
    they usually crumble at Free Skates

there are many elite skaters than have not so good technique yet are successful because of consistency Lysacek or Lambiel ?
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 10-12-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast