Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    Are you kidding me? Nikita is wonderful. He has all the potential to become one of the greatest dancers ever.
    I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe they started out with Elena more of a 'star', but as of last year, I think Nikita is the stronger member of that partnership.

vCash
    I saw Tatiana Novik and for a brief second, I thought it said Tatiana Navka. It's not even the correct discipline. That's what I get for reading FSU when I first wake up in the morning.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Federation Cup October 5-7, 2012
    Sochi, Russia

Entry List:

Men:

Artur Gachinski
    Sergei Voronov

Ivan Bariev
    Artur Dmitriev
    Gordei Gorshkov - still competing
    Mark Shymatkov - still competing

Ladies:

Ksenia Makarova
    Polina Shelepen
    Polina Korobeynikova
    Sofia Biryukova

Alexandra Deeva
    Valentina Chernyshova

Pairs:

Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov
    Ksenia Stolbova / Fedor Klimov

Ekaterina Petaykina / Konstantin Bezmaternykh
    Tatiana Novik / Andrei Novoselov
    Ekatherine Kuklina / Maxim Petukhov

Ice Dancing:

Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
    Valeria Starygina / Ivan Volobuev
    Ekaterina Pushkash/ Jonathan Guerreiro

Tatiana Baturintseva / Andrei Nevski
    Anna Polikarpova / Maxim Kirillov.
    Is this a competition or more like a show?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Is this a competition or more like a show?
    Its a competition with Scoring.
    though some russian skaters opted not to participate, there are still some big names on that list. Piseev called it a dress rehearsal competition for the Grand Prix Final and Olympics

vCash
    Federation Cup October 5-7, 2012
    Sochi, Russia

Entry List:

Men:
    Gordei Gorshkov - still competing

Ladies:

Sofia Biryukova [/B]
    happy about gorshkov; he seemed so promising 2 seasons ago. please let him come back strong.

and for biryukova I just hope she shows better performances than at the test skates.
    she is such a great skater

vCash
    But both Polinas are on the entry list for Ondrej Nepela Trophy

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    ^So is Dmitriev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladida View Post
    But both Polinas are on the entry list for Ondrej Nepela Trophy
    apparently some of the list entries are Farce
    only Gachinski and Kavaguti/Smirnov are sure to compete

http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5216.html

On October 5-7 in the Palace of winter sports "Iceberg" in Sochi will pass test preolympic competitions on figure skating "Federation Cup". Among participants medal-winners of the Worlds Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV and Artur GACHINSKI are declared. Names of all skaters who will skate in Sochi, to a portal of TEAM RUSSIA-2014 were told by the president of Federation of figure skating of Russia, Olympic champion Alexander Gorshkov.

«We suggested to act on "Federation Cup" in Sochi to all skaters – to get acquainted with new Olympic object, - Alexander Gorshkov told. – But as some international events are carried out at the same terms – in Finland, Slovakia and Japan, naturally, some leaders can not arrive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. Maybe they started out with Elena more of a 'star', but as of last year, I think Nikita is the stronger member of that partnership.
    And I wholeheartedly agree, as well. Elena is a rare beauty and Diva, and she is good not doubt, but it's Nikita whom I watch for edges, expressivity and my favorite personal skating fad, impeccable timing.

On other topic- I saw Russian test skates live on Sept.15, and I was very impressed with Bobrova and Soloviev. They stood out among all other Dance teams, and I fell in love with their FD. When I saw their FD first on youtube, the music seemed too jarring, but live, though I still have issues with "Tosca" in the middle, it all makes some kind of interesting whole. And the combination of their new style, paired with B &S being better balanced in partnership roles and their great SS is very appealing. Soloviev is actually sexy, gifted in movement and musical- what a discovery after seeing them for so many years! I learned to rather dislike B/S during the last two years and am astonished at my own turnaround. Programs are soooo important... I can't wait to see I/K this year, but if they are doing anything similar to 'Ave Maria" , I am switching my allegiance, though I love Nikita's skating dearly.

In other impressions- Plushenko was slow; lots of strategic stop and starts in that program ( at least so far), Adelina S. stood out for the quality of her jumps and what seems to be a reacquired joy of skating; she was very impressive. I was so dismayed when I heard "Godfather" for the third time in the course of that afternoon, that I could not enjoy V/T properly. Maxim is a yummy gangsta, but it'll take me a while to reconcile myself with their music choice. It's so overused and not very interesting as a jazz interpretation.
    I liked Gachinsky and Menshov, and even Voronov, who had a great outing. Gachinsky and Menshov are interesting.
    Last edited by dinakt; 09-24-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Its a competition with Scoring.
    though some russian skaters opted not to participate, there are still some big names on that list. Piseev called it a dress rehearsal competition for the Grand Prix Final and Olympics
    Sounds fun. At least some skaters can do their programs before the Grand Prix.

I wonder if they will also plan to hold the Cup of Russia in 2013 or Russian Nationals in 2014 at the same venue?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    On other topic- I saw Russian test skates live on Sept.15, and I was very impressed with Bobrova and Soloviev. They stood out among all other Dance teams, and I fell in love with their FD. When I saw their FD first on youtube, the music seemed too jarring, but live, though I still have issues with "Tosca" in the middle, it all makes some kind of interesting whole. And the combination of their new style, paired with B &S being better balanced in partnership roles and their great SS is very appealing. Soloviev is actually sexy, gifted in movement and musical- what a discovery after seeing them for so many years! I learned to rather dislike B/S during the last two years and am astonished at my own turnaround. Programs are soooo important...

I totally agree with you. I just saw them on YouTube - but even there I really liked it. I think with more practice this will be really stunning. Definitely the best thing they've ever done.

I've never liked them either - they bored me to death - now I think they might have my favorite FD of the season. I really wish Sin/Z would go to some other coach too.

vCash
    I am a little lost here. A few pages back I thought I was reading about a possible breakup of I&K (please don't throw rocks at me, if I misunderstood the posts), and now I am reading that they look really good. I will watch the video after I get home, but can someone please tell me that I&K are still planning on skating together in the years to come? It will be a shame if they split.

YEAH!
    vCash
    I've heard nothing recently about I&K splitting; perhaps people were talking about his offer to skate with Jana last year. According to Morozov, they are working harder and aiming to medal at Worlds (I take it with a grain of salt, but it shows there is harmony right now). The reason they weren't at the tests is her shoulder injury.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    I've heard nothing recently about I&K splitting; perhaps people were talking about his offer to skate with Jana last year. According to Morozov, they are working harder and aiming to medal at Worlds (I take it with a grain of salt, but it shows there is harmony right now). The reason they weren't at the tests is her shoulder injury.
    Nikita wanted to skate with Kokhlova?? must have missed it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Nikita wanted to skate with Kokhlova?? must have missed it
    Khoklova asked to skate with him. Not the other way around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    And I wholeheartedly agree, as well. Elena is a rare beauty and Diva, and she is good not doubt, but it's Nikita whom I watch for edges, expressivity and my favorite personal skating fad, impeccable timing.

On other topic- I saw Russian test skates live on Sept.15, and I was very impressed with Bobrova and Soloviev. They stood out among all other Dance teams, and I fell in love with their FD. When I saw their FD first on youtube, the music seemed too jarring, but live, though I still have issues with "Tosca" in the middle, it all makes some kind of interesting whole. And the combination of their new style, paired with B &S being better balanced in partnership roles and their great SS is very appealing. Soloviev is actually sexy, gifted in movement and musical- what a discovery after seeing them for so many years! I learned to rather dislike B/S during the last two years and am astonished at my own turnaround. Programs are soooo important... I can't wait to see I/K this year, but if they are doing anything similar to 'Ave Maria" , I am switching my allegiance, though I love Nikita's skating dearly.

In other impressions- Plushenko was slow; lots of strategic stop and starts in that program ( at least so far), Adelina S. stood out for the quality of her jumps and what seems to be a reacquired joy of skating; she was very impressive. I was so dismayed when I heard "Godfather" for the third time in the course of that afternoon, that I could not enjoy V/T properly. Maxim is a yummy gangsta, but it'll take me a while to reconcile myself with their music choice. It's so overused and not very interesting as a jazz interpretation.
    I liked Gachinsky and Menshov, and even Voronov, who had a great outing. Gachinsky and Menshov are interesting.
    Interesting to read from Russian test skates. Although, as for a part of Plushy I doubt her impression (sorry ), because she is a friend of reut who dislikes him. Other parts I agreed! Thanks for the sharing.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Glacier cat View Post
    Interesting to read from Russian test skates. Although, as for a part of Plushy I doubt her impression (sorry ), because she is a friend of reut who dislikes him. Other parts I agreed! Thanks for the sharing.
    Well, since friends always share the same opinions about skaters. NOT.

dinakt's impression of Plushenko is the same as mine at the Vancouver Olympics, and having seen Plushenko at his strongest, in the early 2000's, I had a good speed and power baseline to which to compare.

He was trying new things -- movement, ice pattern -- so I'm not surprised he's not at full speed yet. He's aiming for Sochi, not to at a test skate.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    After seeing the Nebelhorn results, I'm worried for Bobrova and Soloviev. The two Zhulin teams both got level 2 on their non touching steps. That's no improvement from what Kustarova was getting B/S.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    After seeing the Nebelhorn results, I'm worried for Bobrova and Soloviev. The two Zhulin teams both got level 2 on their non touching steps. That's no improvement from what Kustarova was getting B/S.
    May be this is just the starting point. They will raise the levels as the season progresses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    He was trying new things -- movement, ice pattern -- so I'm not surprised he's not at full speed yet. He's aiming for Sochi, not to at a test skate.
    Yes, I agree with you, but I think Plush is in good shape.

Tarasova about Plush, after Novogorsk:
    http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/4926.html

"Zhenya is in terrific shape, exactly, physical shape. He spent a great job of examining every muscle of his body."

Mishin said:
    "Plushenko is stronger than in Turin!"
    http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/552296

Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast