Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think Starygyna/Volobyev were delightful in that FD.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Can anyone identify Makarova's LP music? I feel as though I've heard it before in a movie soundtrack (The Piano?)..I really like it.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Shazam ID'ed it as Megapolis by Bel Suono, and the Bel Suono site confirms it:
    http://www.belsuono.ru/ru/music/27-music-megapolis.html

Sometimes Shazam is way off. (Or doesn't match what the skaters say their music is.)
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Shazam ID'ed it as Megapolis by Bel Suono, and the Bel Suono site confirms it:
    http://www.belsuono.ru/ru/music/27-music-megapolis.html

Sometimes Shazam is way off. (Or doesn't match what the skaters say their music is.)
    Well, I was way off! Thanks, though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DaiKozOda View Post
    Kovtun - Liked the beginning of the program. Just wondering why the hell the end of his music sounds like the french national anthem.
    I think it was OST from Casablanca and the French anthem is a part of the score. I asked about it way back, when Savchenko-Szolkowy used it (in their first(?) season) and I was told there is nothing in the rules about/against using national anthems in your music. Still weird, though.
    Last edited by Anya; 09-13-2012 at 10:31 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    I was finding videos to watch when I ran across this gem from the end of July of Kavaguti and Smirnov. It must have been their original 'Cats' short program from this summer. I don't know where Moskvina got it in her head to change it to a waltz; I think it could have been really good with some miles on it. At any rate, here it is. Thanks to whoever uploaded it to youtube, I hope it's OK I posted it here. I thought it would be neat to compare the two.
    I love it. Very original. I wish they had kept it.

vCash
    First impressions of Bobrova and Soloviev's FD
    I actually enjoyed most of it. I wish that Zhulin wouldn't have given them Tosca as that last part of the music - they are already seen as old fashioned and there are other pieces of music that could have been put in there. Also, it doesn't quiet the critics who say that Zhulin is boring and has no new ideas and will try to give them Navka and Kostomarov recycled programs.
    I really liked the beginning - I know they had problems with the spin but I'm hoping she does her really good donut spin where she actually gets her foot to her head as well as her haircutter layback where she gets her foot to her head as both of those positions are quite divine.
    I know they had issues with one of the lifts but I think this dance looks promising. I know that they have to work on speed but I definitely think that, if they keep working hard, they can be favorites for Pyongchang.
    I love the very ending - I think it's very Zhulin.

vCash
    Gerboldt/Enbert will not participate any competitions in 2012
    Simonenko reports: Gerboldt tore a ligament when practicing throw 3 jump. They withdrew from GP and Moskvina reckons Gerboldt won't recover in time for the Russian nationals. Enbert keeps practicing. Gerboldt resumed her practices off the ice on one foot only this week. Their programmes are ready with Zhulin choreographing the SP and Averbukh the LP/

vCash
    I know they had problems with the spin but I'm hoping she does her really good donut spin where she actually gets her foot to her head as well as her haircutter layback where she gets her foot to her head as both of those positions are quite divine.
    That's a good example of how I think some of their strengths have actually been lost in the transition. They always had one of the lovelier dance spins becuase of the quality of her positions and the smoothness and finish of of the transitions between the positions. The positions in this one are just ok, it looks slow, and it's poorly placed in the program.

Also, wasn't there a recent rule that says FDs should not be so obtuse in concept that they need and explanation? Because this FD, especially with that ending, does.

vCash
    Ooo I liked B/S's FD I am excited about where this could be go....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Simonenko reports: Gerboldt tore a ligament when practicing throw 3 jump. They withdrew from GP and Moskvina reckons Gerboldt won't recover in time for the Russian nationals. Enbert keeps practicing. Gerboldt resumed her practices off the ice on one foot only this week. Their programmes are ready with Zhulin choreographing the SP and Averbukh the LP/
    aww that's so bad, I thought it will just take a few weeks to heal
    I'm not a G/E fan but hope at least she has a quick recovery same for Sui

with them almost likely not competing also at nationals ?
    I think top pairs competing to be ranked on top 7 spot will between
    Volosozhar/Trankov, Kavaguti/Smirnov, Bazarova/Larionov, Stolbova/Klimov,
    Davankova/Deputat, Martiusheva/Rogonov and Tarasova/Morozov

vCash
    Tarasova/Morozov have nice twizzle, but they still throw double loop

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    Considering their decline last season and sitting out this one entirely I have the impression they are pretty much done.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Brezina's Nemesis
    Collecting papers to obtain status of a Goddess for Asli
    vCash
    Some constructive input from me: Makarova as a brunette looks like Johnny Wier.
    In Soviet Russia, the skaters lobbychick YOU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tak View Post
    Thanks for all the links! Love_Skate too - a BIG Thank you!!!
    R/T - This could be my favorite FD of the season. Loved the way the choreo actually reflected the music all the way through [B/S too] - this is really rare to see in Dance these days. With more practice again this could be great. Did Sphilband do this??? If so, why the hell was he hiding behind Marina all these years???!!
    Just watched them, and even though I think the program is a bit , they've clearly improved technically and they look way more ready for the season here than they did at the test skates last season. The twizzles, footwork sequences, and lifts all look more snappy and secure than last year for sure. Shpilband's work is apparent there.

I just wish they had a more unique FD to show off their strengths.

vCash
    Where is I/K?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Where is I/K?
    Elena injured her shoulder this summer, still recovering. They promised to be ready for COR.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    That's a good example of how I think some of their strengths have actually been lost in the transition. They always had one of the lovelier dance spins becuase of the quality of her positions and the smoothness and finish of of the transitions between the positions. The positions in this one are just ok, it looks slow, and it's poorly placed in the program.

Also, wasn't there a recent rule that says FDs should not be so obtuse in concept that they need and explanation? Because this FD, especially with that ending, does.
    Well she never actually did those two positions in the same spin. Once she got the perfect Donut Kustarova went and ruined it by taking out the layback and giving her that awful biellman position that she can't hit.
    And I think that the spin will look better eventually. She dropped her boot and it was probably a fluke rather than a choreographed thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Just watched them, and even though I think the program is a bit , they've clearly improved technically and they look way more ready for the season here than they did at the test skates last season. The twizzles, footwork sequences, and lifts all look more snappy and secure than last year for sure. Shpilband's work is apparent there.

I just wish they had a more unique FD to show off their strengths.
    Like doing Pink Floyd?

vCash
    Also, are Kavaguti and Smirnov really reusing their awful olympic fs music?!?

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast