Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.rsport.ru/interview/20120917/617336944.html
    So apparently, Victoria Sinitsina and Rusland Zhiganshin will be competing as two young men who are flirting with each other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.rsport.ru/interview/20120917/617336944.html
    So apparently, Victoria Sinitsina and Rusland Zhiganshin will be competing as two young men who are flirting with each other.
    I think that's a Google mistranslation. They will be competing as two young lyudei (= people) flirting with each other... Although the suggestion above would certainly be more voidy. :inavoid

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Martiusheva/Rogonov are sublime
    I hope they make good use of their chance to present themselves nicely in the GP and
    They are the most beautiful pair out there.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Um, some of us quite liked the SP. I, personally, think it's smoking hot and will score very well for them.
    I was referring to a lot of posts I'd read not really liking V/T's programs at all, namely the LP.

Have to say they really aren't that bad. They aren't great and the choreography is very uninspiring, but they show off how great of skaters they are beautifully. The two programs together are better than last years I think. I wasn't expecting a sexy jazzy SP, I think they pull it off well and finally have two programs that will be easy to get behind later on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    I hope they make good use of their chance to present themselves nicely in the GP and
    With the breakup of Iliushchekina-Maisuradze, this is the young pair I am putting my hope in (M&R). Davenkova-Deputat (sp?) are too young right now, so I am not counting on them yet.

I wish M&R were given 2 GPs. In any case, they are a 2018 team, not a 2014 one.
    Last edited by Vash01; 09-18-2012 at 01:31 AM.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fashionista View Post
    Neat comparisons! Mishin has said they're trying to create another "Nijinsky", so it wouldn't surprise me if they've picked out specific moments in the ballet to recreate.

*still staring in bemusement at the Y-spiral*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    I think that's a Google mistranslation. They will be competing as two young lyudei (= people) flirting with each other... Although the suggestion above would certainly be more voidy. :inavoid
    Nah that's too original for Kustarova to actually think of

vCash
    Interview with TAT after the test skates http://www.newizv.ru/sport/2012-09-1...-tarasova.html

She's happy about Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khalyavin, Pushkash/Guerreiro results after their respective coaching changes; thinks that there was a third party in Zoueva/Shpilband's split; is thankful to Liudmila Kalinina (Bazarova/Larionov's coach) for letting her choreograph their SP to Liebestraum and praises them for being beautiful and hard-working; likes Sotnikova and Volosozhar/Trankov; is impressed by Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP and Plushenko's quad Salchow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post

She's happy about Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khalyavin, Pushkash/Guerreiro results after their respective coaching changes;

please let monko/khalyavin be succesful!they were really promising in their last junior year. and i´m just fearing, they´re falling under the radar (like gorshkova/butikov - but not to misunderstand: m/k seems to have obviously more potential than g/b have had. by the wa - are they finally retired and have given up?)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    absolutely!
    they and Stolbova/Klimov are this season's number ones for me!

Nah that's too original for Kustarova to actually think of

Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post

The only thing I didn't like was that really obvious ending. She doesn't die does she? It doesn't have to be so literal like that lol, they could come up with something that has a bit more flow, like maybe add some kind of knee spin while she falls back for 8 seconds in slow motion like that.
    I agree, that uberdramatik ending is unintentionally hilarious. so far their both programmes leave me a bit cold. maybe my expectations were a tad too high...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Interview with TAT after the test skates http://www.newizv.ru/sport/2012-09-1...-tarasova.html

She's happy about Bobrova/Soloviev, Monko/Khalyavin, Pushkash/Guerreiro results after their respective coaching changes; thinks that there was a third party in Zoueva/Shpilband's split; is thankful to Liudmila Kalinina (Bazarova/Larionov's coach) for letting her choreograph their SP to Liebestraum and praises them for being beautiful and hard-working; likes Sotnikova and Volosozhar/Trankov; is impressed by Kavaguti/Smirnov's LP and Plushenko's quad Salchow.
    Thanks! Always glad to read/listen to TAT's insights

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    please let monko/khalyavin be succesful!they were really promising in their last junior year. and i´m just fearing, they´re falling under the radar (like gorshkova/butikov - but not to misunderstand: m/k seems to have obviously more potential than g/b have had. by the wa - are they finally retired and have given up?)

I was racking my brain and couldn't remember G/B's names. I have seen them mentioned at all during the test skates. I always felt sad for them, though I can't say why (other than the cruddy programs they always seemed to have).

vCash
    Wow... TAT was the one who gave Bazarova and Larionov Liebestraum

vCash
    Wow... TAT was the one who gave Bazarova and Larionov Liebestraum
    She certainly likes the music Offered it to Mao, then gave to Adelina, now B/L.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Rondo + The Swan? It's Plushy's personal homage to JWe. And he's even sporting a pseudo-Weirtard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Plushenko: It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter what he's skating to or what he's wearing. I'm just riveted. Love him.
    He is like the fountain of youth for me. I can't believe that after all these years, we're still watching Plush and I hope he skates forever because that way I'll never feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    She certainly likes the music Offered it to Mao, then gave to Adelina, now B/L.
    She tried to foist it upon Johnny, too.
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

Quadless
    vCash
    Love BobSol's SD. In fact, it's the first SD I've seen for this season that I actually like.

Did Averbukh choreograph both of Makarova's programs this season? I love, love, love her long program (well, the abbreviated version that we saw).
    "I miss footwork that has any kind of a discernible pattern. The goal of a step sequence should not be for a skater to show the same ice coverage as a Zamboni and take about as much time as an ice resurface. " ~ Zemgirl, reflecting on a pre-IJS straight line sequence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BittyBug View Post
    Did Averbukh choreograph both of Makarova's programs this season? I love, love, love her long program (well, the abbreviated version that we saw).
    Makarova's SP is the same from last season. Yes, it was choreographed by Averbukh, as is the new LP.

vCash
    Watching VoloTran's LP. See the elements, can't see a programme. Rewatching. Nope, no programe, just elements.

Quadless
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lauravvv View Post
    Makarova's SP is the same from last season. Yes, it was choreographed by Averbukh, as is the new LP.
    Thanks! I only saw a vid of her long so I didn't realize she was keeping her short.

Who else has Averbukh worked with?

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast