Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    So is Alena going to have to change her music? I thought the allowance of vocal music didn't go into effect until the 2014-2015 season...I distinctly heard lyrics in that music.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    So is Alena going to have to change her music? I thought the allowance of vocal music didn't go into effect until the 2014-2015 season...I distinctly heard lyrics in that music.
    Well, Morozov got away with it with Amodio, so why shouldn't Alena try her luck? Maybe the judges will be completely deaf and won't notice the lyrics. (Actually, is it the judges or the tech spec who is supposed to give downgrades for music?)

vCash
    He used vocals for V/T last year at the same time for evanescence SP and replaced it by that horrible version for competitions. Expect more of the same here.

vCash
    I watched Sinitsina and Zhiganshin's tango FD again and I hope they change it. I know that Kustarova has no idea what she's doing and thus has them follow in Davis and White's footsteps, but this is too much. They are too young to do a tango in the way that it is meant to be done. I was left feeling a little empty inside because I didn't feel any of the heat that I associate with the dance.

vCash
    An insider from Morozov group said on the Russian forum that they only used lyrics for the test skates and will change it for competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    ^
    again, for the not so consistent, When I mean clean not landing on her asses
    she UR that and had edge problems on her other jump

Martiusheva/Rogonov LP
    Gracie Golds 2011 FS music ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdQV...1&feature=plcp
    Russian pairs skating is alive and well. If they could achieve consistency in their jumps and throws, they could go a long way.

vCash
    http://rsport.ru/images/61721/11/617211134.jpg
    Pic of Bazarova and Larionov's hands that is more interesting than anything he's in
    But it is a cool pic with the dress and everything

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...616987390.html
    Also an article about how Bobrova wants to portray Natasha Rostova from War and Peace

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    I watched Sinitsina and Zhiganshin's tango FD again and I hope they change it. I know that Kustarova has no idea what she's doing and thus has them follow in Davis and White's footsteps, but this is too much. They are too young to do a tango in the way that it is meant to be done. I was left feeling a little empty inside because I didn't feel any of the heat that I associate with the dance.
    Wow - so they are even more like Davis and White than anyone can ever hope for!!!

vCash
    So far I have watched M&R(LP), V&T(SP), B&L(SP), and Plushenko(LP).

I have already commented on M&R.

V&T - always awesome split double/triple twist and throw. I found their music a bit jarring.

B&L- this music really needs light colors. Vera looks stunning in her lines and posture. Yuri is basically there to showcase her, and from that viewpoint he did OK (although I almost always prefer pairs where the man is also expressive).

Plushenko- What can I say? The guy is tireless. The jumps were not perfect (although how many 30 year olds can do 3A's the way he did in this performance?), but nobody can question his heart which is clearly set on Sochi 2014 right now. I really hope he gets his wish to compete there and skate two solid performances- SP & LP. If he does that, it won't matter if he medals or not. He is being prudent, not pushing himself too much too soon. It's wise to pace himself, that is skip the GPs and focus on the prize (2014 Olympics).

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Wow - so they are even more like Davis and White than anyone can ever hope for!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Vera looks stunning in her lines and posture. Yuri is basically there to showcase her.
    Diva Vera and her manservant

vCash
    Was Liza T not at that test session? I haven't seen any videos of her...

vCash
    Was Liza T not at that test session? I haven't seen any videos of her...
    she was resting from a minor leg injury for a week I think
    but she is back on the ice now

some recent photos of her

http://cs323526.userapi.com/v3235265...dBcsQs9ROM.jpg
    http://cs323526.userapi.com/v3235265...UNd2QBFTR8.jpg
    http://cs323526.userapi.com/v3235265...5DkQNmrKNw.jpg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    They referred to each other as husband and wife in the common law sense. It was a long term relationship. I am assuming it's over now.
    Poor guy, he has done so much to support her I'm sure they are still great friends though. It's still just really odd. (but not surprising )

I must be the only one (haven't seen SP yet, but it cant be as bad as last years can it?), but I think their LP has incredible potential. When they get in peak shape their lines and overall perfection will make this music come to life and I could see it being a signature program of theirs. The music suits the subtleties in their skating, I like that last reverse split handstand lift a lot too, I think that will be stunning at the end of the program later in the season.

The only thing I didn't like was that really obvious ending. She doesn't die does she? It doesn't have to be so literal like that lol, they could come up with something that has a bit more flow, like maybe add some kind of knee spin while she falls back for 8 seconds in slow motion like that.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    It is kind of sad to me, the people who voice total disappointment in EVERY program they have seen so far this season. Every program has potential, and every skater and program has it's good points. God knows there are some skaters that I wouldn't want a steady diet of, but there is something good, entertaining, amusing, whatever to be found in every performance for me. For people who find absolutely NOTHING to their satisfaction or their liking, I feel sorry for them and wonder why they still watch figure skating at all.

That said, I think that there are some interesting and not so interesting programs, some with more potential than others, but very little that has no redeeming value whatsoever.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    Lol they don't have that near reckless speed. I think that for that to happen, Kustarova would bend Victoria's back so far forward that she'd look like she was doing an A spin (aka the dog pissing position)...

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I must be the only one (haven't seen SP yet, but it cant be as bad as last years can it?), but I think their LP has incredible potential. When they get in peak shape their lines and overall perfection will make this music come to life and I could see it being a signature program of theirs. The music suits the subtleties in their skating, I like that last reverse split handstand lift a lot too, I think that will be stunning at the end of the program later in the season.

t.

Um, some of us quite liked the SP. I, personally, think it's smoking hot and will score very well for them.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post

http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...616987390.html
    Also an article about how Bobrova wants to portray Natasha Rostova from War and Peace
    really? cool.. War and Peace has been never used before as a theme, right?
    i would like to know more about this choice.. is there more info in the article?
    i love that SD.. beautiful Russian music!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    really? cool.. War and Peace has been never used before as a theme, right?
    i would like to know more about this choice.. is there more info in the article?
    i love that SD.. beautiful Russian music!
    Though piece of music was used by Khoklova/Andreev in their SD...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Though piece of music was used by Khoklova/Andreev in their SD...
    i'll check then!

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast