Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Sotnikova's Long program
    I love this program, and I can't wait to see it next month in Kent, but I hope ShoWare Center has a good sound system.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    Plushenko: It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter what he's skating to or what he's wearing. I'm just riveted. Love him.
    Agreed... he's a legend and we're lucky to still have him around. I mean imagine if we still had the other SLC skaters like B&S, Yags, A&P... it's extraordinary.

With that said, I honestly do like his program, and I would be really impressed with him if he were some new skater on the scene.

Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    Both B and S's lack of attractiveness is a problem.
    Aww, I think she is very pretty, and he looks hot with the new haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    I guess I totally slept through the fact that V/T are now an off-ice couple. what did Kwan retire too or is Irina pregnant?
    {{{Stanislav}}}

Quote Originally Posted by senorita View Post
    I dont think there is a video, I saw it live on a training camp. In my opinion RJ is much better constructed and more coherent, if that makes any sense.
    Damn! You're lucky! Can't believe none of his ubers taped it.... would love to hear more of your impressions, anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Bariev's short program day 3

at his music skipping during the footwork and finally gave out. He keep skating with no music
    Poor guy, good for him for finishing strong! He got quite an ovation from the audience too! He looked kind of annoyed after he was done, but I don't blame him.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Sotnikova is great. Loving the program, and Xtina's wailing doesn't bother me in the least. People bitch when skaters use the same old warhorses over and over again, and they bitch when they make an original choice. Even if you dislike the music, the program itself is well constructed, the jumps look great, and she is skating with more power and authority than last year. IMO this is tons better than that dreck she skated to last year.

Loving both of Leonova's programs. Mad respect for her; she's not going anywhere. I really think the LP has potential to be really fierce. Totally rocked the side pony too.

Has Volchkova's magic worn off? Korobeynikova's LP is really quite terrible even accounting for boot and health issues. And Biryukova was just a total hot mess; the timing on the jumps was just so far off. Hopefully both can pull it together somewhat before the GP.

I don't know if I'd say Shelepen is necessarily regressing. The jump layout in her LP is kinda nuts: 3lutz-3loop, 2axel, 3loop, 2axel, 3sal-3toe, 3flip-2toe-2loop, 3lutz. That's a lot of content after the halfway point. And I kind of like the music, in a hot mess kind of way.

I'm loving Makarova's LP thus far although I really would like to see the entire program first. I'd love to see her make the Euros/Worlds team just to see the impending board meltdown. Hair looks good too.

Plushenko is a freaking legend. I really, really, really want to see him at Worlds. Program has potential.

vCash

Plushenko: It's gotten to the point where it doesn't matter what he's skating to or what he's wearing. I'm just riveted. Love him.
    Absolutely, just the longevity of his career in the top echelons of men's skating is inspiring. Obviously the original report about "7 triple axels" was a mistranslation/mistake, BUT if there's any skater that could possibly pull off that physical feat, it's Plush.

vCash
    For what it's worth, I love that Plushy's footwork seem much better than before. I think it shows that he's really into working on footwork/step sequences.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alchemy void View Post

Has Volchkova's magic worn off? Korobeynikova's LP is really quite terrible even accounting for boot and health issues. And Biryukova was just a total hot mess; the timing on the jumps was just so far off. Ho
    Biryukova and Polina K. are not in good form right now
    but Shershak looked in good shape at the test skates.

Martiusheva-Rogonov SP ( they went clean )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4xb...1&feature=plcp
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 09-16-2012 at 09:24 AM.

vCash
    [QUOTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4xb...1&feature=plcp[/QUOTE]

Me too love them .
    I really like the choreography too in this SP one of my fav 2 SP of the Russian pairs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Biryukova and Polina K. are not in good form right now
    but Shershak looked in good shape at the test skates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF4xb...1&feature=plcp
    Not really, Alexei did 3S as single jump, Nastya just did a double one. I hope they can keep their last season's free program. I really like it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viviabond View Post
    Not really, Alexei did 3S as single jump, Nastya just did a double one. I hope they can keep their last season's free program. I really like it.
    what I mean when I said clean was landing the jumps on their feet and not their asses

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lulu View Post
    Absolutely, just the longevity of his career in the top echelons of men's skating is inspiring. Obviously the original report about "7 triple axels" was a mistranslation/mistake, BUT if there's any skater that could possibly pull off that physical feat, it's Plush.
    Yeah, and I definitely saw him doing 4 triple axels in one program a couple of years ago.

vCash
    Not me, but then I'm the lone B&L uber around here.
    I love them! She has the best posture and lines that I've seen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by analia View Post
    B/S FD should be better without the crazy cut, but it's not en par with say W/P's FD last year, so no Worlds medal chance really. It's weird, I feel like this program probably works better with I/K or even S/Z. Both B and S's lack of attractiveness is a problem.
    I don't know. P/G looks better, more together to me despite being slower. They've gone far. I won't be surprised if they pass R/T if they progress. R/T's FD is so boring.
    Weaver and Poje's FD last year was a masterpiece and probably the best constructed dance of the year. It's unfair to compare. Anyway, I feel like this program has more potential than say The Feeling Begins. And lets see how the other medal contenders look.

vCash
    http://www.rsport.ru/interview/20120916/616889553.html

Bobrova and Soloviev are doing Finlandia!

vCash
    Volosozhar Trankov LP http://youtu.be/BpljTe75gVg violin muse...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    http://www.rsport.ru/interview/20120916/616889553.html

Bobrova and Soloviev are doing Finlandia!
    YAY! Finlandia Trophy is getting more and more exciting!

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    From in the SP to emo in the free, especially when she dies at the end Some mistakes by Max, even Tatiana's fall was his fault because she was sooooo freaking high in the air I think it through off her timing. That twist was sublime and that last lift was really good and should score well.

Now, I can't wait to see what S/S have to offer this season. Is it GP time yet? Huh, is it?
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by viviabond View Post
    Volosozhar Trankov LP http://youtu.be/BpljTe75gVg violin muse...
    Oh, my, God.. It was breath-takingly beautiful!! I think they were totally soaked into the music and skating as one! This lp really makes up for that sp of theirs, wow.

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Zhan Bush is scheduled to compete at Nebelhorn and Finlandia but I haven't seen any test skate videos posted of him yet - are there any?

In the roster posted in the Finlandia Trophy thread in Kiss and Cry, Julia Lipnitskaya, Zhan Bush, Bobrova/Soloviev, and the "Paradise" synchro team are the published Russian entries.
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash

Thumbs up Fabulous

I just love Plushy´s new LP. The swan footwork is wonderful. This is going to be a masterpiece when it is finished. And of course, he rocks, as always.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast