Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1003
  1. #981
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    354
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Hey guys, wanted to tell you that I was at TEB and got to meet Tuk and Lip - Tuk was very nice and I asked her if she might do the triple axel. She said mischievously "I don't know"
    I bet Mishin decides everything anyways.

  2. #982
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Just came across this piece of information...

    Petr Durnev was a technical specialist in the same competition where Zlobiva/Sitnikov competed (7 - 9 Sept Ice Star Minsk, Belarus )

    I didnt think coachs/Choreographer: were allowed to judges they own students????

  3. #983

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    You'd think so...

    Margaglio is a tech specialist, and coach of the Finns.
    Bloomberg is a tech panel member, and she has fine tuned COP stuff for Detroit skaters.

    So I don't think it is a first.

  4. #984
    I <3 Kozuka
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver/Seattle
    Posts
    19,199
    vCash
    730
    Rep Power
    43906
    Many Tech Panel members have worked as consultants with their national teams, other national teams, and for certain coaches and skaters, but has Margaglio been on a tech panel where Finnish skaters have competed since he's had a contract with them, or for Zoueva's skaters, since he's had a contract with her?

    The conflicts of interest in the small, incestuous skating world are rife, with spouses and best friends rampant.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

  5. #985

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Staring at the ocean, anywhere anytime
    Posts
    9,866
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11372
    I'm not sure...but I do know Piseev's wife has judged Russian skaters.

    And Blumberg has worked Skate America, where & when, of course, Detroit teams have skated.

  6. #986

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,961
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8219
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Is there a hint she is replacing the horrible Ghost program, or is she supposed to be doing something to improve it (: like getting rid of the spoken lines)
    Today at practice at NHK Trophy I noticed that at least the second part of the dialogue (the robbery/murder) has been overlaid with music.

  7. #987
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    452
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Eislauffan View Post
    Today at practice at NHK Trophy I noticed that at least the second part of the dialogue (the robbery/murder) has been overlaid with music.
    Oh please, please, let it mean that we won't have to go through her mouthing the words "Help me" EVER AGAIN

  8. #988

    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,961
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    8219
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Oh please, please, let it mean that we won't have to go through her mouthing the words "Help me" EVER AGAIN
    Well, unfortunately, you can still hear the dialogue, but it is not as distracting with the music. But I agree with most of the posters - this program is beyond repair anyway.

  9. #989
    Looking for my siggy!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    175
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And they are going off to the grand prix final with that
    hot mess of a free dance over Weaver & Poje?? What a joke !! Surely they'll expect to beat W&P at worlds too, unbelievable !!!

  10. #990
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,972
    vCash
    1670
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Penniless Rostrum View Post
    And they are going off to the grand prix final with that
    hot mess of a free dance over Weaver & Poje?? What a joke !! Surely they'll expect to beat W&P at worlds too, unbelievable !!!
    W/P not reaching the GPF is not due I/K, it is simply because W/P was up against much improved B/S, who beat them on both occasion. W/P's SD does not help them against teams like B/S at all. On the other hand so far I/K have had weaker GPs were their closest opponents Shibus have struggled, especially in the first GP. I/K used it to their full advanatage in the first GP.

    As for the worlds I do think W/P could be passed by many teams like B/S and C/L, however i am not convinced about I/K yet, especially since I/K's scores haven't been that great to begin. One can only predict that result with some conviction closer to the worlds.

  11. #991

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Perth, ON
    Posts
    473
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2212
    I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.

  12. #992

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    934
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    7453
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.
    Agreed. Equally, I/K at NHK had a level 1 YP sequence, low level twizzles & deduction for time & extended lifts, and C/L at TEB had low level YP sequences. All of the couples behind the top 3 have a lot of room left for improvement and it's far too early to be able to make a call on how things will shake out for the rest of the season.

  13. #993
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingguy View Post
    I think it is early to tell who will finish where when looking at the teams ranked 4th through 8th at last year's worlds - Weaver/Poje struggled with levels in their free dance and need to rework the middle section to compete this season and that is why they finished behind Bobrova/Soloviev - they beat them in the short dance at both grand prix events.
    Yes - but it's not like Bobrova and Soloviev are out partying and not working. They will hopefully fix their YP levels and Staviski said that Zhulin will give them a new ending which will be more exciting (for the SD).

  14. #994
    YEAH!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Worshipping Grebenkina...
    Posts
    13,807
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    11008
    With Worlds in Canada I wouldn't worry about W&P. In fact, since I expect the Russian dancers to get a boost at GPF, W&P are probably better off not going, lest they be slotted in behind both.

    Curious to see what I&K have done. Adding music to the vocal part is a no-brainer since they almost got a deduction for not having an audible beat. I certainly hope there's more changes coming.

  15. #995
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    28
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    I'm not sure...but I do know Piseev's wife has judged Russian skaters.

    .
    Piseev's wife judging I don't have a problem..all judges support they own federations

  16. #996

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Quadland
    Posts
    6,295
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3358
    Any way you look at it s/s did better but I/k just made dumb mistakes that got deductions and their poor pattern on one polka. got to be because the free dance and team is facing incredible turmoil.

  17. #997
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,331
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    and C/L at TEB had low level YP sequences.
    Wow! 4 and 3 is low?? And they got 3 and 3 at Skate Canada. You must have confused it with FD where they got 2 and 2 on their step sequences at TEB (and that most likely was because they were uneasy and too cautious after Luca's fall on the twizzles).

  18. #998
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,592
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    W/P not reaching the GPF is not due I/K, it is simply because W/P was up against much improved B/S, who beat them on both occasion. W/P's SD does not help them against teams like B/S at all. On the other hand so far I/K have had weaker GPs were their closest opponents Shibus have struggled, especially in the first GP. I/K used it to their full advanatage in the first GP.

    As for the worlds I do think W/P could be passed by many teams like B/S and C/L, however i am not convinced about I/K yet, especially since I/K's scores haven't been that great to begin. One can only predict that result with some conviction closer to the worlds.
    W/P'S SD beat B/S's SD in both competitions.

  19. #999
    Looking for my siggy!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    175
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I luv that B&S and C&L are going to the grand prix final, just have a feeling that I & K are prob feeling a bit entilted if thats the correct word to use, I love their open and free skating kind of reminds me of Bourne & Kraatz in a way but more to the point its not them its their overmarked programs that i disagree with getting them to the final !!!

  20. #1000
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,818
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    http://fsrussia.ru/news/288_aleksand...ah-v-yaponii/#
    Wow... more excuses for Ilinykh and Katsalapov - what will happen if they don't do well in GPF? Will they blame it on bad borscht and vodka?

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •