Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://rsport.ru/interview/20121106/628805090.html
    Apparently Bobrova and Soloviev's SD ending will be changed to make it more exciting because Staviski and Zhulin feel like the more quiet ending is keeping BS's SD below that of WP.

vCash
    I thought it was the YP levels

The second set is always level 2! That's a problem with getting below w/p. Two parts they get N's. Need to work harder on Yankee polka!! Not just be more exciting. What does that mean?
    Last edited by caseyedwards; 11-06-2012 at 07:58 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    I thought it was the YP levels

The second set is always level 2! That's a problem with getting below w/p. Two parts they get N's. Need to work harder on Yankee polka!! Not just be more exciting. What does that mean?
    I think that the YP is something that they will be working on as well, but I agree with his sentiments on the end of the dance. It could be more exciting, and that might get more PCS. Also, I noticed in China that it seemed like no one knew that the dance was over. I know that audience reaction isn't factored into scoring, but it can have an effect over time on the way that people perceive a couple.

vCash
    I/K is simply disastrous - who would have thought I would miss last season's "Ave Maria"? that "speaking" section is pathetic - "Omg, he's shot" and dramatic arms flailing follows... aargh, I'm so frustrated - where is the team I saw in Toruń in 2009?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    I/K is simply disastrous - who would have thought I would miss last season's "Ave Maria"? that "speaking" section is pathetic - "Omg, he's shot" and dramatic arms flailing follows... aargh, I'm so frustrated - where is the team I saw in Toruń in 2009?
    This part is killing me. I have to close my eyes of embarrassment during it, but then it's ok afterwards

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    This part is killing me. I have to close my eyes of embarrassment during it, but then it's ok afterwards
    Oh I have a completely different view on their FD. When that part (actually starting from the "Hey there esse" part) I start cackling at the top of my lungs because I find it so hilarious!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Oh I have a completely different view on their FD. When that part (actually starting from the "Hey there esse" part) I start cackling at the top of my lungs because I find it so hilarious!
    I think your reaction is better I should lighten up and take it easier.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I think your reaction is better I should lighten up and take it easier.
    I think part of it is that I've never been the biggest IK fan, but I love BS (they are my second favorite ice dance team after VM currently competing). So each time I see IK, part of me is happy that BS will have even less trouble taking back (or holding on to depending on who you ask) the Russian number 1 status.

But still most of it is me finding Morozov's "masterpiece" so bombastically awful. It's like the Friday of ice dance!

vCash
    B&S's programs suck too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    B&S's programs suck too.
    Well, in my most humble opinion, BS's programs this season are fantastic But, to be fair, I expect IK's short dance to be quite good. Looked lovely on the show video.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy_Gumdrops View Post
    B&S's programs suck too.
    I love both of their programs, and I think that most of the community appreciates the fact that they moved to Zhulin, so I don't feel that it is my personal bias getting in the way.
    Also, I'm excited to see the new ending to BS's SD. I'm assuming, however, that the new ending won't be performed until Euros.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shah View Post
    I/K is simply disastrous - who would have thought I would miss last season's "Ave Maria"? that "speaking" section is pathetic - "Omg, he's shot" and dramatic arms flailing follows... aargh, I'm so frustrated -
    The first time I saw the program, I thought they were going to break into jazz hands.

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    should. have. stayed. with. ZHULIN.

end of story.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    There's an interview going around on tumblr with Mishin that's been partly translated into English. It's mostly about Plushy's birthday, but there is some info about Artur as well.

Here we are:

- Alexei Nikolaevich, how does Artur Gachinski’s training for Cup of Russia go?
    - After Grand Prix in Canada Artur underwent a thorough medical check-up and, in compliance with the expert’s conclusion, we had to lower his physical workload. It seems to me the recent trainings show that policy will bring its results. Already now Gachinski makes an impression more energetic and rich in movements.

- What was the doctors’ diagnosis?
    - Nervous tension and the weakening of immune system. I think it isn’t mortal. We take doctors’ recomendations to consideration and take a number of allowed pharmacological remedies to normalize his psycological and functional state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moka-Ananas View Post
    should. have. stayed. with. ZHULIN.

end of story.
    Nah - they were already making so many excuses about how bad of a coach Zhulin was. Now they can't make excuses.
    As for the program being weak in transitions, I am more worried about the fact that they still don't seem to be able to handle it. They don't have the stamina to keep the program going in this state so why should Morozov put in transitions which would make them look even worse?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Nah - they were already making so many excuses about how bad of a coach Zhulin was. Now they can't make excuses.
    As for the program being weak in transitions, I am more worried about the fact that they still don't seem to be able to handle it. They don't have the stamina to keep the program going in this state so why should Morozov put in transitions which would make them look even worse?
    They were not making excuses. Everyone around them (families, russian federation, people I don't know about) was doing that, because everyone knew this team is the raw talent and had that star quality, that russian ice dancers have lost in the last ten years.
    Problem is, they lost that quality by going to Morozov, who, although he was kind of brilliant as an ice dancer, can't seem to train them well. They lack in everything they were known for with that craptastic program.
    Their lifts haven't improved, their steps are not clean, and it's a step forward from last year's program where, at least, they were challenging themselves.
    It looks like they haven't work their ass off.

Zhulin will never take them back. I doubt they have any choice left as of now but to stick with Morozov unless the Russian Fed makes Krylova take them.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    but there is some info about Artur as well.

Here we are:
    - Alexei Nikolaevich, how does Artur Gachinski’s training for Cup of Russia go?
    - After Grand Prix in Canada Artur underwent a thorough medical check-up and, in compliance with the expert’s conclusion, we had to lower his physical workload. It seems to me the recent trainings show that policy will bring its results. Already now Gachinski makes an impression more energetic and rich in movements.

- What was the doctors’ diagnosis?
    - Nervous tension and the weakening of immune system. I think it isn’t mortal. We take doctors’ recomendations to consideration and take a number of allowed pharmacological remedies to normalize his psycological and functional state.

Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
    Quick Reply Quick Reply
    Just as I suspected, Gachinski has nerve issues when competing
    and needs psychological help, he just doesnt have the nerves like Plushy and even Tuk's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    Just as I suspected, Gachinski has nerve issues when competing
    and needs psychological help, he just doesnt have the nerves like Plushy and even Tuk's
    Then again, how many skaters have nerves of steel the way Plushenko does?

He may be inconsistent but still manages to get his act together on occasions. That's more than can be said for a lot of the Russian men....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rayhaneh View Post
    Then again, how many skaters have nerves of steel the way Plushenko does?

He may be inconsistent but still manages to get his act together on occasions. That's more than can be said for a lot of the Russian men....

he is getting too inconsistent
    his last good skate was at Euros, his scores now is in 190+ range. I bet he will finish at the bottom of the men in CoR
    Last edited by love_skate2011; 11-07-2012 at 10:46 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    They were not making excuses. Everyone around them (families, russian federation, people I don't know about) was doing that, because everyone knew this team is the raw talent and had that star quality, that russian ice dancers have lost in the last ten years.
    Problem is, they lost that quality by going to Morozov, who, although he was kind of brilliant as an ice dancer, can't seem to train them well. They lack in everything they were known for with that craptastic program.
    Their lifts haven't improved, their steps are not clean, and it's a step forward from last year's program where, at least, they were challenging themselves.
    It looks like they haven't work their ass off.

Zhulin will never take them back. I doubt they have any choice left as of now but to stick with Morozov unless the Russian Fed makes Krylova take them.
    Zhulin told them the first time he took them back that if they left again, it would be the end forever.
    And I don't think that Krylova would ever take them. She has enough teams as it is, and she doesn't have any top Russian teams, so the Russian fed can't threaten to take anyone away from her. And Ilinykh and Katsalapov won't leave Morozov as long as Morozov and Ilinykh are dating.

And they were making excuses - they kept talking about how they got zero attention from Zhulin and how he wasn't ever around to teach them which is why they didn't make progress.

Also, while I agree with you that Morozov isn't a great coach, it isn't like Ilinykh and Katsalapov are doing much on their own. They do just as bad of a job performing his material as he does coming up with it.

Although I also feel like the bombastic nature of their FD is meant to distract from the fact that they haven't made any improvements. People are so focused on the gun shots that fewer people are talking about the fact that there aren't any transitions and that they don't keep the performance level up by the halfway point of the program.
    Last edited by Macassar88; 11-07-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast