Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Lol they kept the voiceovers
    Although I have to say that, even without the voiceovers, it feels lacking in transitions and non-element choreography.
    And they scored 102 points for THAT?
    Generally they have good flow, yes, but they need to work on unison in the step sequences, they looked laboured and skated too far apart.
    Plus, the music is a hot mess, choreo almost non-existent. They deserve much better.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    ugh, that was almost unwatchable.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

vCash
    God that is depressing. I think that program has less original in between choreography than D&W's FD. A pretty impressive feat indeed.

vCash
    Burn Morozov

on a good side, some really nice pictures of Soloviev and Stolbova on their instagrams

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by casken View Post
    Good interview. They both sound very level headed and self aware.
    They certainly do!

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    agree, people are hammering her like all she has is flexibility which is completely false because Julia is very talented, I was impressed by her drive and how she was pissed off and unhappy at K&C, she wants to Win !, people are not giving her credit that Julia has handled the senior and pressure really well for a 14 year old
    This! Julia is fantastic. Sure she can work on some stuff, but I enjoy her a lot and hate reading all the comments about how she is the most clunky, awkward, unmusical skater ever. It's like I'm watching totally different programs.

Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    I/K free dance from Crystal Skate competition last week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfOiZRQOh6Q
    Lol it's like a junior high Disney on Ice production. Oh God, WHY?

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Now I know to not bother to try to watch it. Thank you (Delhi hotel has remarkably constant wifi, but slow, so watching vids is a bit iffy).
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Sadly, that is true. It will be interesting to see if it is any better live. I simply loathe the music, too. What a waste of talent.

vCash
    It was like an exhibition program. Maybe they will change it?

vCash
    Oh. I wish I&K would have stayed with Sasha Zhulin .... What a horrible FD
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I wish they went to Spilband...

vCash
    OMG NO WAY !!!! Not that. Even that would be just awfull. I'd rather have them with Mozov.
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    I would be interested to know why everyone thinks it's such a disaster - I hate the music, especially once the talking kicks in, but I think the choreo seems alright; last minute or so needs refining but I'd say it's a step up from lsat seasons effort.

((Swedish skating dudes))
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    I would be interested to know why everyone thinks it's such a disaster - I hate the music, especially once the talking kicks in, but I think the choreo seems alright; last minute or so needs refining but I'd say it's a step up from lsat seasons effort.
    The voice over-parts gives me such acute embarrassment by proxy that I couldn't really watch it, but the first bit seems alright, even if I'm no fan of the music. The voice overs though

vCash
    I agree, I would be interested to read what people think why this dance is not good. I personally haven't decided yet what to think about it. They look powerful and fast, but maybe because the program is a little empty. The scene with the shooting to me is indeed unwatchable, but the first small dialog felt interesting and fresh. I guess we will see in a few days what it looks like in good quality.

vCash
    I personally like the dance. The music is grating as is, but wouldn't be so bad if they'd take out the spoken stuff.

YEAH!
    vCash
    As of right now I prefer last year's because it at least had a few memorable things for me like the mirror twizzles and the straightline lift with her parallel to the ice.

Of course we have yet to really see the Ghost FD in closeup/TV quality so it's hard to say. As others have said, it's quite empty. This is like the type of generic program that Chock/Bates would do (but at least they have good music, so sorry, MarieM, I too think Shpilband would be an improvement!). The costumes are dull and shapeless which does not add to the overall impression. The lifts are very blah and look recycled or at least variations on their previous moves. I am surprised if these are level 4 and if they are, credit to Morozov for finding what appears to be the easiest route to level 4. It's not just that the voiceovers are bad but the actual choreography during the speaking parts is really bad too; they just kind of wave their arms around and emote. I just can't believe this is the same team that showed the depth of expression that they did in Schindler's List. It's like they've regressed from senior to novice, program wise. I've never seen anything like it in skating to be honest.

vCash
    choreography is totally generic, nothing new and impressive, just the basic language of ice dance, trite romantic theme seen millions of times. use of some catchy elevator music with added voices that makes it look pretentious, a cheap way to cover the banality of it all with fake "innovation". Morozov's lack of talent is embarassing. but the kids are good, and this stuff will gather lots of points. after all, winning doesn't require presenting something special. one can fake some simple romantic feelings and get 8,75 in interpretation just because the other PC marks are already high. all that matters is that they're Russian and they must be pushed to the podium, who cares about the rest?

vCash
    Disappointing program from Ilinikh-Katsalapov

I agree, how they were so good at the junior level and just regressed while going to senior?

vCash
    I like I&K as skaters so I watched it a few times without the music just to see the movement and choreography without the distraction of the soundtrack. The choreography is also disappointing, no interesting movement, no beautiful movements, I failed to gain anything positive from just watching them skate. I also found that the soundtrack (and all that is going on in the soundtrack) adds to the illusion they are doing more with their skating and moving quicker, without the noise I found it to drag in parts. So there is no interesting choreography there and they aren't really doing anything that any other top ten team can do, their lifts are unimpressive: add that horrible soundtrack and I just can NOT understand what Morozov was thinking because this man has gone on record stating that if they don't medal this year he is done with icedance.

I can't decide if he is serious with this program? Is it a joke he is playing on us? On I&K? Or whether he has something to prove about ice dance ie..if THAT program gets this team a medal at Worlds it can only be due to corruption.

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast