Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It seems like the Russian men are doing what the US Ladies have been trying to do since Michelle Kwan retired. Just like it seems like the US was trying to find the next Michelle Kwan for years Russia has been looking for the the next Plushenko instead of allowing their own skaters be true to themselves and not try to be another Plushenko.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    It seems like the Russian men are doing what the US Ladies have been trying to do since Michelle Kwan retired. Just like it seems like the US was trying to find the next Michelle Kwan for years Russia has been looking for the the next Plushenko instead of allowing their own skaters be true to themselves and not try to be another Plushenko.
    I think they are yielding some small results now, though Gachinski is a mini Plushy clone, Kovtun doesn't at all. and they had 3 individual medalists in the JGP.
    none imo are plushy clones, Kovtun, Samarin and Petrov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Kovtun
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Samarin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...gure_skater%29

I agree that finding another Plushy will never happen again and what is needed is for the skaters to have their own style

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    I think they are yielding some small results now, though Gachinski is a mini Plushy clone, Kovtun doesn't at all. and they had 3 individual medalists in the JGP.
    none imo are plushy clones, Kovtun, Samarin and Petrov

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_Kovtun
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Samarin
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexand...gure_skater%29

I agree that finding another Plushy will never happen again and what is needed is for the skaters to have their own style
    i guess calling Abt as Kulik's clone is a good thing Kovtun is no way as good as Gachi at least yet...
    i think Gachi is beautiful skater, i love his body movement , very ellegant with his own style , such a shame of his jumps hope he ll bring them back
    Last edited by lubov26; 10-30-2012 at 08:54 PM.

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    I think Gachinski's more fluid than Plushenko, and, of course, he's developed through a different system with different demands. Didn't Plushenko do most of his growing before he exploded on the senior scene? Plushenko was a prodigy, reaching and maintaining success quite young, and having extraordinary confidence, and Gachinski's career has been like other top skaters, who had times of brilliance and times of struggle.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    I would assume he hasn't recovered from breaking his leg over the summer.
    Hopefully he'll be able to skate at Russian Nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    I would assume he hasn't recovered from breaking his leg over the summer.
    Poor bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I think Gachinski's more fluid than Plushenko, and, of course, he's developed through a different system with different demands. Didn't Plushenko do most of his growing before he exploded on the senior scene? Plushenko was a prodigy, reaching and maintaining success quite young, and having extraordinary confidence, and Gachinski's career has been like other top skaters, who had times of brilliance and times of struggle.
    Looking at the videos it would seem Plushenko had a huge growth spurt between 17 and 18 (in that off-season between 1999-2000 and 2000-2001 season), and then finished there. But Plushenko also didn't seem to have these jolty spurts. He seemed to grow slowly after he hit Seniors, had that major spurt in the off-season where he went from small and skinny to tall and solid, and that was the end of it. Gachinski has had a few growth spurts over the last few years.

Plushenko is an incredible rarity, like a pink diamond or something. His incredible consistency and his ability to sustain that level of competitiveness - while fighting other exceptional talents as a youngster - is mind-boggling. And his confidence has never wavered, even for a moment. I was watching his short program from the 1998 World Championships again the other day - so young, just 15, at his first Senior worlds, and he was playing with the crowd, encouraging them to clap in time with his music!

Gachinski is a talent, a gift to Russian skating, with that lovely lyrical style and the big wonderful jumps. But he's been caught up in this mad search for "another Plushenko" and I don't think Russian skating realises what it really has with him.

Team Voronov, party of 1
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    does anyone has any informations about shanette folle?
    i only knew her as the coach of annette dytrt and later as assistant of tarasova (with asada).

i quite like the developemnt of her skater (although her methods in the dytrt case seemed a bit questionable).

would like to see her again.
    I think the general consensus is she was completely out of her league as a coach for Asada and even Dytrt?

Although she's very easy on the eyes, so there's that.

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    it says that Stavisky recently graduated in (horse?) riding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    it says he recently stopped skating

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    it says he recently stopped skating
    Well, he's short enough. j/k

Ah, good old google translate, where would we ever be without our FSU translators?

vCash
    Yeah rolling comes up a lot instead of skating.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by martyross View Post
    Let's hope he's in better charge of a horse than he is a car

What did the diva Bobrova say about this season etc ?

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmcmT22FlDA
    IK's 70+ SD
    Very poor quality video but it's all I could find
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-31-2012 at 07:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nuge View Post
    Let's hope he's in better charge of a horse than he is a car

What did the diva Bobrova say about this season etc ?
    She implied that she doesn't think that they won't be the #1 Russian team anymore and that she hasn't heard much about people telling her that they won't be it. She said that they will fight for that place throughout the season. She understands the judges feedback and they will work on correcting things. They want to be at the GPF.

And I don't really see her as a diva. She seems like she's actually really nice.

vCash
    She implied that she doesn't think that they won't be the #1 Russian team anymore and that she hasn't heard much about people telling her that they won't be it. She said that they will fight for that place throughout the season. She understands the judges feedback and they will work on correcting things. They want to be at the GPF.

And I don't really see her as a diva. She seems like she's actually really nice.
    True, Bobrova is too much of a goody good girl,
    Ilinykh and Sinitsina are more of a diva than her

vCash
    I know that I just like to call her a nice diva I think they will retain their number one spot

vCash
    I feel like if Ekaterina were a diva, she might have said some negative things about Kustarova and Alexeeva, but she has only said the nicest things about them in all her interviews - like how they are basically family to her and how they taught her so much.
    And I hope that they retain the number 1 spot. I like their programs more, and they are much harder workers. Zhulin will hopefully be able to get them a medal at Sochi and then gold in 2018!

vCash
    I am really liking what I see from Tuk so far this season. She is taking her time to emote and project, instead of rushing and looking hectic with her arms. Her layback is unfortunate though (injury, I know). Compared to Sot though, she still needs some speed and ice coverage.

This will likely be Tuk and Sot's adjustment season - they will likely start to dominate next season, just in time to contend for the podium in Sochi. To contend for the title, they will have to be pretty solid from now on.

On the other hand, I was more impressed with Lip as a junior than is with her as a senior. She has visibly even less flow than Tuk. That will hurt her PCS.

vCash
    No surgery required for Vera Bazarova's injured hip - Yuri Larionov http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5899.html

He says they are currently preparing for the Rostelecom Cup.

Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast