Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Gachinsky's had the pressure on him since he was 11 or 12 to be the next Plushenko, at a time when there was a talent gap due to the collapse of the post-Soviet development system.
    "The team doesn't get automatic capacity because management is mad" -- Greg Smith, agile guy

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Artur has the talent, but he's missing the fire. Mishin can't teach that. A skater has it or they don't. They've already withdrawn him from his next event. I'm assuming they'll cite injury, but they have bigger issues to solve. I feel sorry for him because it must be frustrating.

Tuk has the determination to succeed and did very well coming off an injury and being in the middle of a growth spurt. It's so easy to forget how young she and Adelina are and to picture where they will be by 2018. Experience and maturity can make great results. Kostner is proof.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Artur has the talent, but he's missing the fire. Mishin can't teach that. A skater has it or they don't. They've already withdrawn him from his next event. I'm assuming they'll cite injury, but they have bigger issues to solve. I feel sorry for him because it must be frustrating.

Tuk has the determination to succeed and did very well coming off an injury and being in the middle of a growth spurt. It's so easy to forget how young she and Adelina are and to picture where they will be by 2018. Experience and maturity can make great results. Kostner is proof.
    agreed after Liza had her disaster SP, she went on to fight on her FS, her look after her FS says it all she was satisfied and determined.

Artur withdrew from his next GP ?, well there is definitely an alarm when you get beaten by a Vornov and Menshov in national competitions
    and your score cant even reach 200 points.

Plushy has all their bullets now though I hope they pass some maybe to Kovtun ?

vCash
    I thought he should WD because the skater who placed 2nd at Euros is not who has been skating for the last 2 months or even before that at worlds is Nice.

I guess Kovtun is going to be like Makarova do JrGP and then go Senior. She went from JRGP to Russian Champion to the Olympics to final group at worlds.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Kovtun has the best chances to become Russia's #2 atm since Gachinski is struggling so much. I feel really sorry for Artur
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    Gachinsky's had the pressure on him since he was 11 or 12 to be the next Plushenko, at a time when there was a talent gap due to the collapse of the post-Soviet development system.
    Good point, that is a lot of pressure for anyone to be under. Anyway, it is still the beginning of the season...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanfan1818 View Post
    I can't even begin to imagine the pressure. Being constantly told that you have to be the next Plushenko, that you have to save the glory of the sport in Russia, then winning a bronze Worlds medal your first senior season...it's unsurprising that he might have been crushed under the weight of expectation. But still very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    I don't think Artur is missing the fire. I just don't think he's able to use it because he's constantly looking over his shoulder, constantly hearing about PlushenkoPlushenkoPlushenko, "Plushenko would do this", "You have to be the next Plushenko" etc etc. He idolises Plushenko but I don't think he's quite got a grip on seperating that idolisation and the pressure to be him, and how to be his own skater and skate for himself.

Artur has been withdrawn from CoR? I had heard he has a back injury (which would explain the god-awful catch-foot position, I know he's capable of a much nicer one than that), but I can't imagine yanking him from his next GP is such a good idea in terms of his confidence. But then again, too, his next GP was in Russia, where I can imagine he would be under one heck of a microscope.

vCash
    Gachinski is still listed for Rostelecom Cup on the ISU site; Artur Dmitriev has withdrawn from Cup of China (would have been his GP debut).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Petaikina and Bezmaternikh won the third stage of the Russian Cup in Samara. The most interesting thing about the competition was who they beat. I hope Bezmaternikh found a partner he can have success with.

1. Petaikina/Konstantin Bezmaternikh - 157.17
    2. Martyusheva/Rogonov - 154.70

vCash
    Liza is the most introverted competitor/performer I've ever seen. Not sure this trait can be undone.
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    Petaikina and Bezmaternikh won the third stage of the Russian Cup in Samara. The most interesting thing about the competition was who they beat. I hope Bezmaternikh found a partner he can have success with.

1. Petaikina/Konstantin Bezmaternikh - 157.17
    2. Martyusheva/Rogonov - 154.70
    good for them, Petaikina the one who skated with Kudryukov ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    good for them, Petaikina the one who skated with Kudryukov ?
    She is, I can't wait to see them at nationals.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zotza View Post
    I'm not sure she's taller than him
    Monko Khaliavin.....I don't think she is taller but her legs seem to be the same length as his.
    Their height similarity seems to overwhelm the team. It is similar to the feeling I had with Romaniuta Barantsev although I don't find either of them as strong skaters as Romaniuta or Barantsev.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Gachinski is still listed for Rostelecom Cup on the ISU site; Artur Dmitriev has withdrawn from Cup of China (would have been his GP debut).
    *facepalm* I got worried for nothing!

(Dmitriev's never done a GP before? Surprising. Any reason for the withdrawal? Hope it's not another injury.)

Quote Originally Posted by Coco View Post
    Liza is the most introverted competitor/performer I've ever seen. Not sure this trait can be undone.
    She's not quite 16, just had a massive growth spurt and is still getting used to her new body. It would not surprise me at all if in time she became more confident and a little more extroverted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I just read, Mishin said Artur has grown quickly, and need to be rebuilt his jumps. Maybe this is the reason, why he lost his great jumps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    I just read, Mishin said Artur has grown quickly, and need to be rebuilt his jumps. Maybe this is the reason, why he lost his great jumps.
    Ugh, how unlucky. Looking at his build last season I thought he might have finished growing. I guess not

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Ugh, how unlucky. Looking at his build last season I thought he might have finished growing. I guess not
    He looked noticeably taller to me at SC than before, like he'd grown maybe 2 or 3 inches since last season...more long and lanky than I remembered from before. Axel jumps are especially hard hit when one grows, so that may be why his 3a, usually his money jump, was problematic here.

cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lala View Post
    Dmitriev isn't with Mishin anymore. You must be referring to Gachinski
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    (Dmitriev's never done a GP before? Surprising. Any reason for the withdrawal? Hope it's not another injury.)
    I would assume he hasn't recovered from breaking his leg over the summer.

vCash
    does anyone has any informations about shanette folle?
    i only knew her as the coach of annette dytrt and later as assistant of tarasova (with asada).

i quite like the developemnt of her skater (although her methods in the dytrt case seemed a bit questionable).

would like to see her again.

Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast