Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    So I found a Maxim Trankov look alike!
    http://xfactor.itv.com/2012/finalists/kye-sones
    Look at some of the angles that they show him at. Almost can't tell the difference.

Uncanny!!
    Keeper of Nathalie Pechelat's bitchface.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Great article by Tatjana Flade - summary of the test skates

http://www.ifsmagazine.com/articles/...ian-test-event
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    alilou, thanks for posting, Tatjana, thanks for the article!

vCash

Red face

Thank you so much for the article. really nice to hear about max and tanya!!!

Love them so much <3

vCash

vCash
    thanks for the article about elena and nikita
    Last edited by volotrankov; 10-18-2012 at 01:50 PM.

vCash
    I am puzzled by the comment that they can train to "generic" music and then expect to perform to the music which their programs are intended for? It seems ironic that this season's music has been specifically customized for the elements, which should be fascinating and unique, but why not train to it? They performed their program at the test skates last year also to different "generic" music, presumably to keep their 'real' music a secret, even though their competitors by then all had chosen their programs and music of course.

The last sentence about their trainer threatening to quit (I know where that reference comes from) is an odd and almost paradoxical statement to the notion of "taking the world by storm."

vCash
    Good news - Bobrova's luggage and skates have been found, according to Russian forums.
    http://fcp-press.ru/interview/p2_articleid/5310
    Also, here is an article where Zhulin says that Dimitri was sick for a few days but is doing better. Zhulin would be really happy with second place for Bobrova and Soloviev.

vCash
    So Bobrova and Soloviev are in third place, as expected
    But there seems to be a consensus across almost all viewers that they have made significant improvements. Too bad the judges don't agree.

vCash
    LOL yeah great improvement from B/S but no placement improvement as of yet. Need to beat W/P in the FD. Show placement improvement ability.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyedwards View Post
    LOL yeah great improvement from B/S but no placement improvement as of yet. Need to beat W/P in the FD. Show placement improvement ability.
    It's weird how low their components are though. At worlds last year with that god awful "latin" dance, they got more than a point higher PCS with a fall!

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khhHkmTh6cY
    Elena and Nikita's SD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlntGjivRzg&feature=plcp
    Guys, I think that this abomination might be Elena and Nikita's new Free Dance... I was cracking up the entire time because of all the OTT drama.

It would fit in with the ghost theme since it seems like he gets shot and then comes back to life.
    Last edited by Macassar88; 10-21-2012 at 02:48 PM.

vCash
    Every time I think Morozov choreographed the worst programme ever he just goes and proves me wrong

vCash
    What's with all the talking in the middle of the program? I get it's from the Ghost (musical), but that's just annoying.. plus there wasn't really a rhythm.

And are they really doing a Indian/Bollywood Polka?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    And are they really doing a Indian/Bollywood Polka?
    No, Andijan Polka is Uzbek music - it's a little similar to Indian style dancing, but not quite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmuRmq17oG4

The free.... I like the first minute or so when it's just using the overture from the musical - they're skating it well, there's a lovely connection, but it loses me as soon as the talking kicks in. Re-edit needed, there is enough material in the musical to make a decent dance, they're just using all the wrong parts.

vCash
    oh my, these costumes must have been borrowed of gorshkova/butikov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlntGjivRzg&feature=plcp
    Guys, I think that this abomination might be Elena and Nikita's new Free Dance... I was cracking up the entire time because of all the OTT drama.
    i have no words on this; very strange music cuts, drama all over the place, but to be granted, the costumes are very morozov-unlike, wonder oh wonder.

vCash
    (dressed) Grebenkina interviews Zhulin
    (will try translating later)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by morqet View Post
    No, Andijan Polka is Uzbek music - it's a little similar to Indian style dancing, but not quite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmuRmq17oG4

The free.... I like the first minute or so when it's just using the overture from the musical - they're skating it well, there's a lovely connection, but it loses me as soon as the talking kicks in. Re-edit needed, there is enough material in the musical to make a decent dance, they're just using all the wrong parts.
    I like the free better than Ave Maria... I like the first part though before the talking the best (although I love unchained melody)... They really have a lovely connection between the two of them.
    Last edited by bek; 10-21-2012 at 04:30 PM.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TAHbKA View Post
    (dressed) Grebenkina interviews Zhulin
    (will try translating later)
    She is still so beautiful!

PML oh Lord, I&K need to wd from their GP events right now citing her shoulder injury, and change coaches and programs. He cannot be serious with those programs. Send them to Zoueva for all I care. And people made fun of the voiceovers in V&M's Umbrellas, hah! Ghost the musical really? Did you ever think you'd see an FD with a voiceover that says "I'm talking to you, esse!" in some caricatured Latino voice? This is what happens when you waste all summer traveling... now there is no time to make necessary changes.

Too bad because their skating does look somewhat improved, and he especially is such a good partner now, but their lifts are still crap and the programs are boring.

That version of Unchained Melody is quite nice actually.... first two minutes of this program are salvageable if the talking is removed.

vCash
    PML oh Lord, I&K need to wd from their GP events right now citing her shoulder injury, and change coaches and programs. He cannot be serious with those programs. Send them to Zoueva for all I care.
    I want them to go to Igor.

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast