Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Someone needs to work with Lipnitskaya on her clear lack of flow. She still isn't holding her moves and is now finishing every jump and spin with a little hop because she had no momentum left. It's extremely distracting.
    Kavaguti-Smirnov do the same. After every jump, instead of holding and then step forward they just hop forward as if they intended to do a combination.

vCash
    Russian tv report on the Fed Cup (the Sochi arena is beautiful): http://www.1tv.ru/news/social/217088

Pushkash & Guerreiro article (from what I've understood it's mainly about the coaching change): http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121008/622169767.html

Article about the pairs @ the Fed Cup (I think it confirms the blogger's info that Bezmarternykh got injuried): http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20121007/621974784.html
    Last edited by DaiKozOda; 10-08-2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Fix link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Kavaguti-Smirnov do the same. After every jump, instead of holding and then step forward they just hop forward as if they intended to do a combination.
    I know - it's really annoying and breaks up the flow. If I were a judge, I'd penalize them, but sadly I'm not.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dinakt View Post
    Menshov has Skate America and Cup of Russia. I really like him. He is voidy, his jumps are huge and he is an older guy who keeps working like a dog and keeps getting better.
    Not sure about Voronov's GP.
    Voronov has Cup of China and NHK.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    It has more to do with the choreographer than skill because it's not every time. I don't think it breaks the flow at all as long as that's what the choreographer intended.

2009 Worlds SP
    2010 Worlds FS

Also, here are the protocols from Fed Cup

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    It has more to do with the choreographer than skill because it's not every time. I don't think it breaks the flow at all as long as that's what the choreographer intended.

2009 Worlds SP
    2010 Worlds FS

Also, here are the protocols from Fed Cup
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h09F...yZcWa849N5eaTA
    take notice at 1:17 - after triple toe loop and at 2:16 after spin. That's exactly what Marco described Lipnitskaya is doing.

And here another program
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BYMP...B653EE8B76FAA4
    0:40 after their jump combination
    and again at 3:04 after their axel

So in this years FS two side-by-side jump elements and in both they do it and in this years SP one side-by-side jump element and they again do it.
    Last edited by hanca; 10-08-2012 at 05:38 PM.

vCash
    So a lot of GachInskis problems were level one spins because he landed a quad and 3a's

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h09F...yZcWa849N5eaTA
    take notice at 1:17 - after triple toe loop and at 2:16 after spin. That's exactly what Marco described Lipnitskaya is doing.
    It has nothing to do with K/S skills as spinners or jumpers; take it up with the choreographer. It's no different then skaters who put their other foot behind them after the jump is completed. Are you suggesting they do this as a balance check? Is it more aesthetically pleasing or is it just another way the choreographer exits a skill? There aren't many creative ways out of a skill for a choreographer to come up with. But a skater should be penalized for it just because you don't like it.

vCash
    It has nothing to do with K/S skills as spinners or jumpers; take it up with the choreographer. It's no different then skaters who put their other foot behind them after the jump is completed. Are you suggesting they do this as a balance check? Is it more aesthetically pleasing or is it just another way the choreographer exits a skill? There aren't many creative ways out of a skill for a choreographer to come up with. But a skater should be penalized for it just because you don't like it.
    No, what I am suggesting is that if Kavaguti-Smirnov can do the tiny hop after all jumps and one spin this season because it is a part of their choreography, it may be that Lipnitskaya is doing it from exactly the same reason - because her choreographer designed the program that way.

vCash
    I think Lipnitskaya is doing this to strategically cover up her lack of flow, but it has ironically highlighted the problem.

Anyone who can exit an element with flow would definitely want to show it off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...so7ipIM#t=164s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Aux0Sf0#t=182s

vCash
    No, what I am suggesting is that if Kavaguti-Smirnov can do the tiny hop after all jumps and one spin this season because it is a part of their choreography, it may be that Lipnitskaya is doing it from exactly the same reason - because her choreographer designed the program that way.
    If that's the reasoning (and I can only guess it is since both skaters have done jumps and spins with different exits in the past) neither should be penalized for it as Macassar88 suggested.

vCash
    If that's the reasoning (and I can only guess it is since both skaters have done jumps and spins with different exits in the past) neither should be penalized for it as Macassar88 suggested.
    To be fair, not only Macassar88 finds it annoying. So do I. Why else do you think I noticed that they are doing it on all their SBS jumps this season?

vCash
    To be fair, not only Macassar88 finds it annoying. So do I. Why else do you think I noticed that they are doing it on all their SBS jumps this season?
    I still shouldn't be marked down on the score sheet, it's not an error of execution, it's a choice of choreography exit. (Peter Tchernyshev is quite the choreographer.)

I like it just as much as placing your free leg on the ice behind you or swinging it around. The fact that some people don't like it is a difference in choreography not a problem with their execution of the element.

vCash
    I never said that I believe it should be marked down, but I do think they do it because they find it easier to build up the speed that way, which is a weakness. But not as important weakness to deduct for it. Like Yu-Na's lack of turn out in spirals. Maybe ugly, annoying, but acceptable.

My coach would not let me do that. But they can afford it because they are elite skaters.

vCash
    I never said that I believe it should be marked down, but I do think they do it because they find it easier to build up the speed that way, which is a weakness. But not as important weakness to deduct for it. Like Yu-Na's lack of turn out in spirals. Maybe ugly, annoying, but acceptable.

My coach would not let me do that. But they can afford it because they are elite skaters.
    Maybe no official deduction, but I'd take away points in Skating Skills since it does detract from the flow of a program

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Maybe no official deduction, but I'd take away points in Skating Skills since it does detract from the flow of a program
    Some skaters don't lose points even due to a fall which clearly disrupts the flow of a program. IMO you are being a bit nitpicky here. It could factor into a very close competition, but normally I think it's OK to not penalize a skater for every little thing, particularly this early in a season. JMO.

YEAH!
    vCash
    Well if flow out of a jump earns positive GOE, then the judges can simply not give them as much positive GOE if they think the skater is hopping out of the jump. In that sense, if their clean jumps are not all +3s, then perhaps it has been taken into account.... obviously, it's hard to tell which good things in a jump are being rewarded or not.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Some skaters don't lose points even due to a fall which clearly disrupts the flow of a program. IMO you are being a bit nitpicky here. It could factor into a very close competition, but normally I think it's OK to not penalize a skater for every little thing, particularly this early in a season. JMO.
    Well I'd take off PE points for falls as a judge

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pufH2...eature=g-all-u
    Bobrova and Soloviev FD

They fixed her camel spin so now she does the donut position that I love. Her layback is great as well.
    Not sure why they only got level 2 on the twizzles - they looked fine to me
    As for why their Curve Lift only got level 2, there was an issue with Bobrova getting into her position, and they didn't hold the position long enough.
    Thanks for the link!

Levels aside, this looks a lot more polished than the Russian Test Skates - so they are really improving. Im sure they'll get their levels up for the GP.

This is an amazing FD for them. I like it more each time I see it. When I watched it, I was so caught up in watching them, I didnt really notice the elements - usually that's all I notice as most dancers just skate element to element - or that's what it seems like. This really creates a mood.

It's such a shame they waited so long to make a change - I can only imagine what they'd be like now if they had gone to Zhulin 2 years ago!

vCash
    Well I'd take off PE points for falls as a judge
    I would too.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast