Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Wow, V/T skating to Bach's Chaconne. One of my favorite pieces of music ever! I think it's a hard one to skate to and sell though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    Wow, V/T skating to Bach's Chaconne. One of my favorite pieces of music ever! I think it's a hard one to skate to and sell though.
    It's actually a mix of Bach's Chaconne and Vitali's Chaconne.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=97xlBipnzG8
    They take the beginning theme a couple times (from around 25 seconds in)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    It's actually a mix of Bach's Chaconne and Vitali's Chaconne.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=97xlBipnzG8
    They take the beginning theme a couple times (from around 25 seconds in)
    It's actually Ikuko Kawai's "Violin Muse" (also known as "Violin Muse Based On Two Chaconne"), which was based on both of the pieces mentioned above. V/T mentioned that their music was from a Japanese artist, and that the program will be the dedication to tsunami disaster victims.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by inskate View Post
    It's actually Ikuko Kawai's "Violin Muse" (also known as "Violin Muse Based On Two Chaconne"), which was based on both of the pieces mentioned above. V/T mentioned that their music was from a Japanese artist, and that the program will be the dedication to tsunami disaster victims.
    Ah, yeah, I figured there was another piece cut in there since I didn't recognize half of it!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cailuj365 View Post
    It's a very heavy piece of music but it's going to get high marks regardless of how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpenko View Post
    Oh goodness. I don't know if I have ever seen something this funny, take that Aly Raisman's parents.
    Watching the coaches and the parents is just as fun, they should have picture in picture at all competitions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by julieann View Post
    It's a very heavy piece of music but it's going to get high marks regardless of how it looks.

Watching the coaches and the parents is just as fun, they should have picture in picture at all competitions.
    Danell Leyva's dad is quite hilarious

vCash
    Noone can beat Martin Skotnicky watching his students, complete with hopping along the side of the rink during step sequences. It's such a pity we don't have videos of him. Does anybody have one?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Asli View Post
    Noone can beat Martin Skotnicky watching his students, complete with hopping along the side of the rink during step sequences. It's such a pity we don't have videos of him. Does anybody have one?
    Marius Negreira (ROU) is as good as Slotnicky. And his skaters are often not he most interresting, so I tend to follow him instead.

being infected by Radionova's obvious joy for skating
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by love_skate2011 View Post
    has this been posted ?
    TAT watching while Kovtun was skating at the test skates

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ip--aU9_Rc
    MWahahhahaa. Hilarious. And scary at times! It's amazing how she's into it. It's like the sky could fall and she wouldn't notice.
    Rockin' Finnish commentator: "And that was supposed to be a flip but it turned out to be a flop."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Domshabfan View Post
    Really... welcome to the board though.
    Thanks! It's just her full name is Irina Vladimirovna Zhuk. That means her father's name is Vladimir not Stanislav. Also Irina's bio states she was born in Kharkov (present day Ukraine), while Stanislav was from Moscow. I don't think they are related cos' that fact would have been well known by now...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshan View Post
    Thanks! It's just her full name is Irina Vladimirovna Zhuk. That means her father's name is Vladimir not Stanislav. Also Irina's bio states she was born in Kharkov (present day Ukraine), while Stanislav was from Moscow. I don't think they are related cos' that fact would have been well known by now...
    Thanks for the information. And welcome to the board!

Main Offender
    cooking with Alexei Rogonov and Nodari Maisuradze
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marshan View Post
    Moreover, there are quite many people in Russia who have the surname "Zhuk".
    Even I am coaching a Russian girl with this surname...in Germany
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

Bruce Lee

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeschke View Post
    by the way, by the lost skaters, updates on mukhortova? i will not give up

by the way 2: what´s wtih maisuradze and his new partner? they teamed very fast, why haven´t we seen them at test skates?
    Here is an article about Maisuradze and partner: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5147.html

He says that they made quick progress despite having teamed up only two months ago. They work with Artur Dmitriev, their SP - Kalinka, LP - Take Five, first competition at the Russian Cup series in December in Moscow.

He also says that as far as he knows, Ilushechkina will be released by Russian Federation and will be able to participate in international competitions in a year, until then they are going to skate at domestic events in France.

As her wiki page says, Maria Mukhortova has joined Russian Ice Stars http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/company.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post
    Here is an article about Maisuradze and partner: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/5147.html

He says that they made quick progress despite having teamed up only two months ago. They work with Artur Dmitriev, their SP - Kalinka, LP - Take Five, first competition at the Russian Cup series in December in Moscow.

He also says that as far as he knows, Ilushechkina will be released by Russian Federation and will be able to participate in international competitions in a year, until then they are going to skate at domestic events in France.

As her wiki page says, Maria Mukhortova has joined Russian Ice Stars http://www.wildroseltd.co.uk/company.html
    thanks for the updates..

looking forward too see nodari and lubov with their new partners.
    woukd be great if the russian fed would release her.

and sad about mukhortova, all the divas are gone

vCash
    thanks for the updates..

looking forward too see nodari and lubov with their new partners.
    woukd be great if the russian fed would release her.

and sad about mukhortova, all the divas are gone
    Well Domnina hasn't officially retired yet... (She and Maxim are still reserve skaters even though they're effectively retired)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by quiqie View Post

"Take Five", the jazz single? (It's the only "Take Five" I know of.) I love jazz music, and I'm looking forward to seeing the program.
    Thanks for the summary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    Well Domnina hasn't officially retired yet... (She and Maxim are still reserve skaters even though they're effectively retired)
    haha, this would be the gag of the year, if domnina with whomever will come back 2014.

i personally like dom/sha, but i don´t think the russian fed will set on this really dark horse

vCash
    haha, this would be the gag of the year, if domnina with whomever will come back 2014.

i personally like dom/sha, but i don´t think the russian fed will set on this really dark horse
    OMG the conspiracy!!! Especially when the ISU decides to change the Finnstep to the Tango Romantica at the last second!!!

vCash
    So the russian fed has released another skater for France ? Cool !!
    poths Void: MarieM carries a rusty old blade in her handbag!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MarieM View Post
    So the russian fed has released another skater for France ? Cool !!
    I doubt that Lubov will have the same success as Marina did.

Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast