Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jemestone View Post
    Did he shave?!?

Ubering Max Aaron, Bobrova/Soloviev,Sotnikova, Gordi Pots!!!
    vCash
    Plushy Long program

I thought he was skating to Romeo and Juliet?? It's very bare most of the program, the last 30 seconds are fun.
    Last edited by Jemestone; 09-15-2012 at 05:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by babayaga View Post
    Bobrova/Soloviev FD from test skates, this time from the judges side: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQqlC...ature=youtu.be
    Very different view - shows a lot more

Also, her layback, even though I prefer the hair cutter position, is beautiful!

vCash
    Gachinsky's Short program

vCash
    Plushy Long program

I thought he was skating to Romeo and Juliet?? It's very bare most of the program, the last 30 seconds are fun.
    Angry birds the program almost.

vCash
    Plushenko after-the-test-skates interview: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/5080.html

No, I cannot say that today I skated brilliantly. It is still a work in progress. I didn't plan to skate here full force. The most inmportant thing was a quad Salchow, which, I think, I basically did. It was the first time I tried this jump in competition, because for me test skates and competitions are all the same. I am glad that I did all my jumps, they were smooth and easy. This means that today's task is done. But in general this program still needs plenty of work. For now it's just a draft of what it should be. As for dance elements, we indeed worked a lot this summer. With Camerlengo, Myamoto, David Avdysh, Sergei Petukhov. I worked with four choreographers this summer. Plus, there are my own movements, ideas.

In my plans there is a show in Italy, then Japan Open. It's an important competition, there will be such skaters as Daisuke Takahashi, Patrick Chan. I will show the same LP that I skated today. We'll work on it since it still needs a lot of improvement.

We tried to show a new Plushenko. It is a completely new choreography, new movements. Body works in a totally different way. It's an absolutely new image.

My main goal are the Olympic Games in Sochi. I can train and get ready without participating in Grand Prix. I'm not 18 or 20 anymore, I don't need the Grand Prix, I don't have anything to prove. I have work to do, and Games in Sochi are my top priority.

I'm satisfied with my jumps today, although there was a small mistake... I plan to do a quad Salchow and quad toe loop this year.
    Last edited by quiqie; 09-15-2012 at 05:59 PM.

vCash
    Plushy Long program

Walked through 2 jumps and a spin, but I like the layout. Obviously still very new, very bare and the edit needs getting used to, but he seems to be covering the ice better. Very strong jumps and I love the circular steps during "the Swan". He can be so lyrical and fluid when he doesn't over work it, which unfortunately he did right after during the straight line steps to "Danse Macabre".

vCash
    Gachinsky's Short program
    I like Gachinski and his program. Too bad it probably won't survive in its current form till the big competitions. Gachinskiy from test skates is my favorite Gachiskiy
    Last edited by babayaga; 09-15-2012 at 06:27 PM.

vCash
    Hot. Can't wait to see this with more chemistry and intensity.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Plushy Long program

I was during that last step sequence. Sigh too bad we'll only get to see the full program at Russian nats and Europeans. I suspect it will be very different by then.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

YEAH!
    vCash
    D&D - I hadn't watched them from the JGP yet. Can't say I love it. I do see that the lifts look weird, but can someone explain exactly what the change is?

V&T - Wonderful expression from both, very musical, and I'm seeing more transitions. At least it's a different version of Godfather, but no one can tell this story like Candeloro (which to be fair I don't think they were trying to do, but then why not use a better piece of jazz?). I would love this if it were anyone but them, but I am always left feeling that they could do something better. I mean they're so new, yet it's probably their penultimate season already, and I want a masterpiece!

B&S - Definitely better from the judges' side. Love how he stays in character. But overall I'm not convinced.

Plush - A pleasure to see him skate to real classical music again. I loved the fluidity to some of his movements and I really liked his "choreographic sequence" or whatever it's called (I guess they had to make it a requirement to force him to have any choreo ). He even did a Sasha Cohen HMV type move, LOL! Really great light and shade and variation of tone in this program. I like it so much, I have a feeling he'll dump it by Euros. I don't know why he says this is his first 4sal, I thought he did one at a Russian Cup Event a few years ago. Anyway, it's been a while, so I'm impressed that at this age he's basically adding a new jump to his repertoire, while keeping his immaculate triple axel, which I swear looks better than when he was young. He looks to be in such great shape, I selfishly really wish he would do at least Cup of Russia.

Gachinsky - I liked it, I see the improvement, but I agree that the program will change, and not for the better, and when all he's left with is the music, it will be boring.

vCash
    I like V/T SP better than their Evanesence

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    How many Russian pairs and dance couples skate to the music from Godfather?
    Volosozhar/Trankov, Davankova/Deputat, Riazanova/Tkachenko...
    you forgot another Russian overused music for this season " Witch Doctor "

vCash
    Just watched Zhingashina & Sinitsin and really enjoyed it. The two halves are really disjointed, but they're really entertaining, both of them. Wish they could somehow link them better, but it's a very fun program.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherub721 View Post
    D&D - I hadn't watched them from the JGP yet. Can't say I love it. I do see that the lifts look weird, but can someone explain exactly what the change is?
    Wasn't there a change in lift rule for junior also ?
    the first lift was ugly

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Hot. Can't wait to see this with more chemistry and intensity.
    I didn't like V/T short at all Don't know why.

vCash
    Plushy Long program

Very un plushenko program. None of the arm flailing until the last music cut. I don't know how I feel about it. I was expecting a masterpiece to Romeo and Juliet and got this. It's not bad, just not what I think he's capable of.

vCash
    Stolbova and Klimov have the first lift I haven't hated this year! I like the Addams family free and I hope she can get a hold of her jumps soon. I really appreciate how they consistently produce really original programs

I like Adelina's SP, too. Axel aside, the jumps were very well done and it really shows off her power.
    Last edited by oleada; 09-15-2012 at 07:09 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Vera looks stunning as always, but I think she looks better in lighter colors. And I hope that they give Yuri someone better to wear. He's boring enough as it is and an all black costume would have no connection to her dress.

vCash
    Sotnikova's Long program

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast