Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

vCash
    Did anyone see this:

Charlie for President:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    Did anyone see this:

Charlie for President:

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news
    The skaters were all being adorable today. Did anyone see Ross and Alex's campaign pin (with special guest Yu-Na)? Too funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Former SYTYCD contestant Alex Wong is working with Meryl and Charlie. On what, I wonder?
    I can't wait. I hope this means we'll see some fabulous progress at NHK.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Former SYTYCD contestant Alex Wong is working with Meryl and Charlie. On what, I wonder?

Super exciting! I love Alex. I can't wait to see what he does with Meryl and Charlie.

I also love how everyone is upping their game this year. Worlds is going to be so competitive!

vCash
    I expect the real battle to be for the bronze. I expect if skated clean D and W will win the SD and V and M will win the FD. But I have a feeling if both skate clean it is going to be very close. It will probably come down to PCS as always.
    Alex is a ballet dancer so I imagine he is working with them particularly on Giselle. I expect that they feel the SD is their advantage in the World and are going to make it as amazing as possible.

vCash
    I'm expecting a FD and SD from D/W, nothing less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    I'm expecting a FD and SD from D/W, nothing less.
    Hear, hear. I'm fully expecting both their programs will be even more incredible as the season progresses.

Their first blog, more to come!
    http://www.teamusa.org/Team-USA-Wint...ars-To-Go.aspx
    Last edited by ~tapdancer~; 11-08-2012 at 02:36 AM.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Great blog!!

vCash
    There's a tweet about it as well.

I love how much credit they give to their working moms.

vCash
    Alex W. tweeted this photo…two more weeks

http://instagram.com/p/R1PZKeLmfB/

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mollymgr View Post
    Alex W. tweeted this photo…two more weeks

http://instagram.com/p/R1PZKeLmfB/
    Fangirl squeal!!!!

For anyone who's not familiar with Alex's dancing, here are two of his standout routines from So You Think You Can Dance :

"Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" with Eliana Girard

"Hallelujah" with Allison Holker
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    I can't wait to see the result of their work with Alex! He's amazing. Ugh, now I could watch SYTYCD forever.

Lol, I wish I could find a hairpiece like Meryl had for DF-I'm going to a masquerade themed semi-formal in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure I'd actually want to wear a mask. If I could just find something like she wore I'd be super pleased!
    Last edited by lmarie086; 11-10-2012 at 03:07 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post
    I can't wait to see the result of their work with Alex! He's amazing. Ugh, now I could watch SYTYCD forever.

Lol, I wish I could find a hairpiece like Meryl had for DF-I'm going to a semi-formal in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure I'd actually want to wear a mask. If I could just find something like she wore I'd be super pleased!
    Maybe you can tweet her and see if she has any ideas for where to look?

vCash
    I have new found appreciation for Meryl and Charlie's SD after this weekend. Can't wait to see it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lmarie086 View Post

Lol, I wish I could find a hairpiece like Meryl had for DF-I'm going to a masquerade themed semi-formal in a couple of weeks and I'm not sure I'd actually want to wear a mask. If I could just find something like she wore I'd be super pleased!
    Found this on Etsy, http://www.etsy.com/listing/10663698...mask-hair-clip It's not quite the same but it's close.

I have a feeling she had hers made especially for that costume. You could probably do the same though- buy an eye mask and then glue a few feathers onto the side. At least that's what her hair piece looks like to me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/azurechina/6785945281/

Now if only someone could find me those brown boots with the darker brown straps she was wearing in NYC a few weeks ago. Those were fantastic! I've been searching for them but can't find anything similar. (http://instagram.com/p/RONp3kMyhV/)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by semogal View Post
    I have new found appreciation for Meryl and Charlie's SD after this weekend. Can't wait to see it again.
    Agreed didn't really like any of the SDs at Rostelecom Cup! Their SD really stands out as the best of the pack for me. Second place for me would be P/B's can-can SD but even that one is weird because they had to slow down the beat of the can-can for the polka part.

Meryl and Charlie's SD is so natural and everything about it flows- the steps, the music. And they just skate it with such ease and pure unadulterated joy. Beautiful to behold!

vCash
    They really have the most entertaning SD this year. Hope it feels very comfortable for them at NHK so they can skate it full out. Sounds like CoR was somewhat underwhelming. Saw the Shibs SD, has potential but they just seemed like they had no power. I remember Summerset/Gilles using a piece of this music in an OD, I rather enjoyed that one more. Guess we'll see what comes.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Yeah, I am seriously appreciating Meryl and Charlie's programs as this season has gone on. Especially the SD. Skate America looked really fun and promising and then...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Yeah, I am seriously appreciating Meryl and Charlie's programs as this season has gone on. Especially the SD. Skate America looked really fun and promising and then...
    and then.... ?

vCash
    Some of the polka programs seem almost embarrassed of including a polka, which dismays me! I was going nuts with polka fever at SA. The YP is among my favorite compulsory dances and I love polka so much that I would not even hate full on Lawrence Welk on ice.

I really enjoyed almost every SD during the Golden Waltz, even though there was a lot of Edith Piaf (and the same Edith Piaf). Sometimes I rewatch the entire Worlds competition. I want to be able to do the same thing with the YP SD.

I should specify that by 'embarrassed', what I mean is that the YP feels like an afterthought at times. I won't specify which programs make me feel that way because that's not what this thread is about. But seeing some other programs has made me really grateful that the YP is very much a Meryl and Charlie dance, and that Marina was smart about how to use it and what music to choose, despite our initial confusion over which pieces she would be using to accommodate the polka in the first place.
    Last edited by circuscandy; 11-11-2012 at 05:15 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Saw the Shibs SD, has potential but they just seemed like they had no power.
    You have to wonder though if he was 100% healthy. Eurosport in Germany only broadcasted the FD so I cannot comment on the SD but you probably saw what happened in the FD and that he couldn't walk properly afterwards. The ISU website said it was a spasm, given when and how it started I wondered if he might have had problems to begin with.

That said, overall, I agree with your opinion of Meryl's and Charlie's SD! The ones I saw weren't my cup of tea and while I love the costume and CanCan of Pechalat/Bourzat, making it into a polka rhythm just gives me the creeps and I found it looked weird.

Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast