Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kosjenka View Post
    I find it more and more difficult being a fan of both Davis&White and Virtue&Moir.
    I dont know who it benefits such hateful and downgrading comments.
    I asume that two teams are colleagues and have civil relationship. They even seem to be friends. I don't understand why their fans are so mean to the opposite team.

Now it is said that Meryl and Charlie are copying Tessa and Scott by trying to relate to each other more. Something that they claim T&S are natural at and M&C are copying and faking.

It is probably better I dont have access to K&C. What I read on GoldenSkate is more than enough.
    I'm a V/m fan but this seems to unfortunately happen with successful teams in competition against each other. I have never liked it and now just ignore it as it really does detract from the beauty of skating.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    And the zombies were so entertaining.

I am so into that zombie FD that it's just embarrassing. Those are also my kind of costumes, I cannot lie. If total theatrical makeup and wardrobe was allowed, I fear what Z/G would do. And by fear, I mean...

vCash
    Anybody wondering what's up with the level 2 on their circular step in the FD? I'll bet they will be studying that one to see what the problem was. I initially thought they got level 3s on their ss but I checked the protocols again and yeah, saw that level 2. So tons of room for improvement in this FD so honestly that 104 wasn't too bad at all.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Anybody wondering what's up with the level 2 on their circular step in the FD? I'll bet they will be studying that one to see what the problem was. I initially thought they got level 3s on their ss but I checked the protocols again and yeah, saw that level 2. So tons of room for improvement in this FD so honestly that 104 wasn't too bad at all.
    I had the same thought last night. The judges definitely seem to have liked what they saw. They lost only on their technical score; their program components were .20 higher than last season.

vCash
    Here are my exhibition photos plus video of Meryl and Charlie's performance Wish I'd been able to capture Meryl going all Gangnam on video! She is awesome.

http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/...xhibition.html
    Thanks for the photos, TanithandBenFan. Do you or anyone who was there remember what was happening in the interview with Meryl and Charlie that caused Meryl to have such a shocked look on her face? She's so cute.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    Thanks for the photos, TanithandBenFan. Do you or anyone who was there remember what was happening in the interview with Meryl and Charlie that caused Meryl to have such a shocked look on her face? She's so cute.
    Rusty said he'd been talking to fans at the event all week and asking them who they were most looking forward to seeing, and the answer he received the most was Meryl and Charlie. That was Meryl's reaction to it.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Someone uploaded the entire Gala on youtube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nxl...plcp#t=1h13m0s

vCash
    Rusty said he'd been talking to fans at the event all week and asking them who they were most looking forward to seeing, and the answer he received the most was Meryl and Charlie. That was Meryl's reaction to it.
    Thank you so much for your reports and photos.
    Could you tell what thay were talking about in that interview? The commentator didn't let me hear that.

vCash
    The CBC coverage of the FD (and dance competition at Skate America in general) is here:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...95092047&tab=3

It is not geoblocked in the US.

And the blogspot has a download of the CBC coverage of the SD and the NBC coverage of the FD.
    Last edited by DORISPULASKI; 10-23-2012 at 02:33 PM.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The people around me at the arena really loved both of Davis & White's program. I loved Giselle to bits at first sight, and think all that needs to be changed there is for Meryl & Charlie to get all the key points on the first YP sequence and the circular step. Notre Dame has a bangup ending with those lifts there on high points in the music, and that's what got the crowd on their feet. The way the lifts come in is very emotional, and just hits you. The beginning is pretty good too, with bang, bang, spin & twizzles, but if the way the twizzles come in is difficult for Charlie, perhaps rethinking it would be good? The middle maybe needs a little work. By putting the highlight lifts at the end and the spins & twizzles (which are highlights too) at the immediate beginning, you can end up with a lack of highlight in the middle-two much footwork all in a row. BTW, for those who hate it, I didn't notice a Charlie cartwheel jump or Arabian or whatever it is this year, Did I miss it?
    Doris, when you mention the circular step sequence from the SD, do you mean hit the key points for a Level 4 or change the choreography?

Thanks for mentioning the lifts too. I was curious if having those lifts one after another was like a punch to the gut in a good way or bad way.

vCash
    I really like their SD, it fits them perfectly. The FD is underwhelming. I think they deserve a much better program. But I am sure Meryl and Charlie will take the judges comments and the next outing will address weaknesses and it will improve. I hope that they start with the color of Meryl's dress. It is lovely and a good color for her but too often used. They need a dress that will be instantly identifiable as this season.

vCash
    I just watched this coverage, so much better than the NBC showing on Sunday. Thanks so much for link!

Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    The CBC coverage of the FD (and dance competition at Skate America in general) is here:
    http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskati...95092047&tab=3

It is not geoblocked in the US.

And the blogspot has a download of the CBC coverage of the SD and the NBC coverage of the FD.

vCash
    Team USA post new interview from D-W
    http://www.teamusa.org/News/2012/Oct...GzWbkY.twitter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Doris, when you mention the circular step sequence from the SD, do you mean hit the key points for a Level 4 or change the choreography?

Thanks for mentioning the lifts too. I was curious if having those lifts one after another was like a punch to the gut in a good way or bad way.
    I didn't write very clearly. They need to hit the key points for the YP (preferably skating a bit faster there) and earn level 4 in the step (or keep trying to)

vCash
    Thanks for the q&a inap

I thought this was funny :

Anne M. asks: Have you ever wanted to try the throw (“iron lotus”) they do in Blades of Glory?

Meryl Davis: I’ve never wanted to actually try it, but I have wanted to name things we’ve actually tried the “iron lotus.”

Charlie White: I think for fear of decapitation it’s probably best we stay away from the iron lotus; I think that’s part of the movie magic. But there’s definitely creative moves we like to try to add a little bit of danger.

Meryl Davis: Decapitation is not something I’m willing to sacrifice for my skating. That’s where I draw the line.

vCash
    Good to know that Meryl knows her limits.

vCash

Charlie White: Finishing someone’s sentences is one thing but having the exact same thought at the same time and having the other person beat you to entire paragraphs of what you were about to say gets really disturbing.

Meryl Davis: They say twins have that

Charlie White: Connection. We’re starting to understand what that is.

Meryl Davis: It’s pretty funny actually.

vCash
    Really enjoyed reading that latest interview. I love how they discussed their mind "connection"...and how they have matured and gained an understanding of what it means to their partnership. That's why their new way of displaying some affection for one another doesn't come across to me as fake to me. I know they aren't in love but that's not the point. This is ice dance, a world of sport mixed with drama and sparkles and costumes, its okay to have a little fantasy thrown in. If by understanding their connection to one another, they feel more comfortable this season showing a bit more dramatic affection, then more power to them. I love how they continue to address ways to improve, to grow, to reach whatever potential they feel they are capable of.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    One of the things I enjoy most about D/W is that Charlie is right--they haven't peaked. They were raw potential/talent/power that is still being honed. Notice how only recently Meryl is achieving better extension and more pointed feet. And that they're only just now tapping into true emotional connection and putting an emphasis on that. They can still stand to work on holding poses and those gentle refinements, as well, and it's something they recognize and strive to change in time for 2014.

So to be a fan of a team that you don't feel has peaked, that actively strives to be better than they are by really and truly addressing their weaknesses (despite how good they are already), is really exciting. I don't worry that they'll just languish, that they've already reached their potential and it's all going to be a downhill fall with injuries and other teams coming up to overtake them. I still feel like I'm watching a young pair of underdogs who have so much left in them to give and are growing and getting better each season.

It's cool, really. And I'm grateful for it!

(Not to mention that they are very sweet, humble people, so it's easy to like and root for them. Both sides of the package!)

vCash
    I love the pictures that go along with that interview.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast