Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iNap View Post
    Lynn Rutherford twitt about teleconference with D-W. Maybe icenetwork post soon. Look like they feel ready about programs.
    https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/s...29695668740096
    I hope icenetwork will post the teleconference audio, as they've done in past years. US Figure Skating tweeted a couple quotes from the teleconference too:
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/253917041617158145

https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/253918335950024705

https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/status/253920633245802497

Good quotes.

vCash
    Seriously though, did any team ever actually say they were sorry they had programs that were crap, and they apologized to their fans for it

But I love their positive attitude.

vCash
    I imagine it would go like this:

"We just wanted to tell our fans in advance that we've realized the judges don't actually care about more of the stuff. So we're sorry, but this program is all gynecological lifts and O-faces. And we're skating to a mash up of skating's best warhorses. There is no actual theme, choreography, or transitions. Because we're trolling the judges pretty hard this time."

vCash
    http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...d=1#post663741

GS's KKonas has a preview of what Meryl & Charlie's conference for IN was about, and confirms
    SD Giselle
    FD Notre Dame de Paris, Danse mon Esmerelda at the end of the FD, but some other pieces too.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    It's such a nice feeling to know Sinatra didn't happen. I can only be satisfied now.

I can't wait to get my rear end to Skate America.

And to see if Meryl will inject purple into anything. I guess if she wanted to dress like Disney's Esmeralda...

vCash
    I just can't wait to see their interpretation of Danse mon Esmeralda. Meryl is just perfect for the role and Charlie is gonna be the new Gwendal with their similar golden curls. Soooo cannot wait!!!!

I'm also curious what other pieces they're using. Notre Dame de Paris has quite a number of great songs to choose from.

Is it Skate America yet?

vCash
    I just realized the big University of Michigan vs. Michigan State football game is the same weekend as Skate America.

Poor Charlie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I just realized the big University of Michigan vs. Michigan State football game is the same weekend as Skate America.

Poor Charlie.
    How will he cope??!

vCash
    Well maybe it will bring out his emotions again! Poor Charlie, I really do feel for him. I hope he's able to keep his focus.

I'm loving most of the SDs I've seen so far. I love the YP and its just fun to see what the teams are coming up with. I watched some of Finlandia and I loved B/S and C/Ls programs, both were fun and interesting. I also really liked H/Ds, the Merry Widow Waltz was lovely and the YP section was great...the Irish music from Titantic (don't know the name of the song). I can't wait to see Meryl and Charlie's SD.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    Well maybe it will bring out his emotions again! Poor Charlie, I really do feel for him. I hope he's able to keep his focus.

I'm loving most of the SDs I've seen so far. I love the YP and its just fun to see what the teams are coming up with. I watched some of Finlandia and I loved B/S and C/Ls programs, both were fun and interesting. I also really liked H/Ds, the Merry Widow Waltz was lovely and the YP section was great...the Irish music from Titantic (don't know the name of the song). I can't wait to see Meryl and Charlie's SD.
    Ohhh, their SD makes so much more sense to me now. I didn't understand what the concept was, but Titanic would explain the costumes too. Thanks, tapdancer.

Did C/L have their SD before the Marina/Igor split? I was watching it and wondering if Igor would've given music like that to D/W if they had stayed with him. Their entrance to the twizzles reminds me a little of the original Eleanor Rigby twizzle entrance.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    the Irish music from Titantic
    I believe that one is John Ryan's Polka. It's the Gaelic Storm recording that isn't on any of the soundtracks, as far as I know.

When I realized what was going on with their SD I was instantly delighted. Way to do a Titanic SD without being obvious (that's probably the best way to do one, really).

So far I don't think I've seen a SD I didn't like. I wish V/M hadn't had to drop from Finlandia because their music for it is just wonderful and I really wanted to see what they had up their sleeves. Ah well!

Can't wait for Giselle.

vCash
    So far I'm loving all the programs I've seen from the top ice dance teams. I just watched H/Ds FD and it was great. Just fits them so well and I can't wait to see it again more polished. Zach's expression was wonderful, it brings out his power.

I know it's kinda pollyanna of me, but I have just enjoyed most all the SDs and FDs I've seen so far, everyone just seems to be having such a good time whether they are being playful or dramatic.

So of course I am so excited to see D/W's FD, we know they know how to tell a story and they have improved even more (and with more maturity), so I'm really hoping Notre Dame de Paris will be another great one for them.

I'm also really looking forward to what the Shibs have in store.

vCash
    http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

The Giselle music will be from the first act of the ballet. A few more days until Skate America

vCash
    What a great article! I'm so excited to see their programs.

vCash
    How many of you are going to SA? I am-good lord willing and the crick don't rise :laugh:

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DORISPULASKI View Post
    How many of you are going to SA? I am-good lord willing and the crick don't rise :laugh:
    I'll see you there, Doris!

Speaking of SA, I wonder what exhibition Meryl and Charlie will perform. I'm excited to see something new!
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    Great article! Love their positive attitude. Sounds like they are ready to bring it, can't wait!

vCash
    I'm so nervous for them

vCash
    I like what I'm hearing from them! They are always positive to start the season but I still get excited anyways

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jobelle View Post
    I like what I'm hearing from them! They are always positive to start the season but I still get excited anyways
    Me too!

Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast