Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

vCash
    Great skate (to my untrained eye). They have the same lift at the end, but Charlie was able to hit the end of the music this time. I'm assuming there was no extended lift deduction (which they can't afford in this field). I used to relax once their twizzles were over in the OD/SD, but now I'm nervous for the polka section and now the lift.

vCash
    Managed to get a feed working right after Meryl and Charlie finished. glad to see they did well! I'd be excited about their score but the GPF scores haven't been very predictive of world's scores in the past so I'm trying not to be too excited.

And now I will avoid the SD thread for the rest of forever as it descends into bickering from all sides.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    So far not so bad in the SD thread!

...so far.

I think people appreciate that SD for what it is. I just love it to death and I am so glad that they got the PCS they deserve for it. It's a very strong concept with wonderful choreography. Nothing wasted. Nothing extra.

vCash
    Bravo!! Great skate from Meryl and Charlie.

Still haven't got all the levels on the YP, what is up with that? But that means there is still room for improvement and higher scores!!

vCash
    A lot of teams are struggling with the YP but, to be honest, I'm a bit worried about team Canton's ability to teach it. Although Tessa and Scott did get a level four on one of theirs.

vCash
    So happy for Meryl and Charlie on their score and what was a great skate (haven't seen it yet). Can't wait to see it! Glad to see them get top score without anyone falling. Love their PCS, so glad the judges agree with us even if the haterz don't!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    Managed to get a feed working right after Meryl and Charlie finished. glad to see they did well! I'd be excited about their score but the GPF scores haven't been very predictive of world's scores in the past so I'm trying not to be too excited.

And now I will avoid the SD thread for the rest of forever as it descends into bickering from all sides.
    Okay, so I'm not normally this vindictive, but after Scott's comment at the last GPF I would LOVE if they won this competition regardless of what it means for Worlds. Last year I think winning it actually hurt them, with everyone making a fuss of their "streak". I certainly don't want that, but I like the fact that this would be their 4th consecutive win (knock on wood). Worlds can be such a political mind f*ck and I think GPF is a little less the case. I think that dominance shows their strength and means a lot to me, even if it's not Worlds.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatregirl1122 View Post
    A lot of teams are struggling with the YP but, to be honest, I'm a bit worried about team Canton's ability to teach it. Although Tessa and Scott did get a level four on one of theirs.
    I remember Tessa saying Scott was very technically focused. Unfortunately for Meryl and Charlie, their levels may have more to do with Scott and what he brings to the team than their coaching. I hope this isn't the case, especially for next year, when they might not have a Giselle masterpiece to give them the edge or that V/M have equally as great of.

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    Meryl and Charlie would be the first dance team to win four GPF titles if they can take home gold! Navka/Kostamarov won three.
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming August 7, 2014!****

vCash
    Saw the skate...wow such speed and so clean! Love this SD. Hoping the FD goes well, loved it at NHK.

vCash
    I'm still excited about the SD, even after several hours and after seeing the great competition in men's and pairs skating. Meryl and Charlie definitely skated lights out today - effortless, fast and smiling throughout the dance. There is neither a single excessive movement, nor a single 'empty spot' in this SD: every step, every gesture and every glance is meaningful and matches the music perfectly. And every time there are new lovely little touches to discover. So happy to see them perform live!

vCash
    I'm not the biggest Marina fan, but I think she has outdone herself with this SD. It is so balanced and the polka is integrated so seamlessly. I really do think it's the first program of the SD era to have the makings of a masterpiece. The work that Meryl and Charlie have put in to get both the technique and the character right, is so impressive, as well. The whole thing is utterly charming.

I still don't love the lift (still seems a little awkward with legs and underskirts and blue bloomers), but otherwise, this is a wonderful program for Meryl and Charlie.

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    I wonder if Igor has mastered teaching the polka? C/L got both Level 4s for their YP. Just saying. If D/W could do this, they'd probably beat V/M every time.

Anyways, woo hoo, ahead by nearly 2 points! I am loving that all the difference in the TES between D/W and V/M came from GOE. I still don't like that last lift, but there's really no time for changes after NHK and they didn't get a deduction this time! Perhaps someone who has seen it live can tell us if the lift is as bothersome in person as it is on the screen. I'm not sure what I would've done if they'd gotten an extended lift deduction a 3rd time in a row.

Meryl and Charlie may not like ballet, but they are brilliant with ballet music.

vCash
    The lift wasn't desperately troublesome at SkAm, but you could tell it hung up a bit.
    It's not my favorite lift of theirs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    I wonder if Igor has mastered teaching the polka? C/L got both Level 4s for their YP.
    I agree. Igor definitely has made a difference for that team.
    I don't like that lift either. Hopefully, it will go away by National's. Obviously, there is room for improvement. The program can be more than it already is

vCash
    FWIW, D/W got a level four on a YP at Skate America

vCash
    In case this pre-GPF interview with the Detroit Free Press wasn't posted here earlier: http://www.freep.com/article/2012120...Ctext%7CSports
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the article link, Sylvia! Love the pic in it...they both look so intense, at a great moment in the FD...really nice pic. I'm so nervous for tomorrow...I know they can win this but come what may, I just want them to skate amazing! Which I know they will...

vCash
    Love that picture!

I can't wait for the FD! I hope they have a great performance!!

vCash

Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast