Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    vCash
    That SD was gorgeous! I like Tanith's comment about it being a breath of fresh air. It was so refined, light, infectious, and sophisticated all at once. A little mini-masterpiece as almost all of their SDs tend to be. I like it even more than their DF FD from last year.

Meryl is so lovely and Charlie looks like he's been mainlining ballet classes this summer.

Just fantastic!

vCash
    I love it, too! So intricate and very much in the ballet style. Lots of toe work, twizzles were great, YP was fast and wonderful. Think they kind of got stuck in their final lift, they got a 1 deduction and I'm pretty sure it was for that. Overall it was incredible, can't wait to see it again! Great score, too..71.39 and that was with a 1 point deduction.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    vCash
    This SD is crazy intricate. So many transitions! I'm a little that there's no midline no touching step seq, but oh well. I can't wait to see this progress over the season, as everything smooths out - they'll just float across the ice (although much faster than a feather!).

I loved Tanith's commentary. I've been wanting more technical ice dance commentary for years now, finally!! I learned so much, especially listening to her commentary for the lower placed teams. And icenetwork is the perfect avenue for it, since anyone who pays for and watches it is not really a casual fan.

vCash
    Michigan just won the UofM/Mich State game! I know Charlie is happy! Won the short dance, won the football game!

vCash

vCash
    What a happy dance!
    I am so proud of their approach to this ballet.
    I can really feel their connection and I am so glad they are working on it more.
    It is so early and it is already so good!

very excited for free dance!

vCash
    I love this SD they made.

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Just got back from the SD. Absolutely ADORABLE. It served the ballet well and still had a very great Meryl and Charlie stamp on it. Lots of intricacy and the crowd (at least around me) loved every minute. I was so happy to see them go full on Giselle with the costumes, I have to say. If she hadn't shown up in the blue, I'd have been all sorts of sad.

And seeing the clear photos of the FD dress, I really have to say that I love the details and the hardware it has going on. If she decides to stick with it, I won't hate it no matter how similar in color it is to other dresses she's recently worn. I like the silhouette, as well. (But I will be interested to see if she has other ones waiting in the wings.)

vCash
    I can't believe they outdid DF in terms of technical nuance! The precision was mind blowing and they nailed it. I'm glad they did the ballet, but still managed to do YP similar to what they did for CD cause I was in love with that. The YP was made for them.

2nd about Tanith. She gets more confident and better every time out. It's nice to hear critique that isn't that isn't only relevant to casual viewers and she's just nice to listen to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    Just got back from the SD. Absolutely ADORABLE. It served the ballet well and still had a very great Meryl and Charlie stamp on it. Lots of intricacy and the crowd (at least around me) loved every minute. I was so happy to see them go full on Giselle with the costumes, I have to say. If she hadn't shown up in the blue, I'd have been all sorts of sad.

And seeing the clear photos of the FD dress, I really have to say that I love the details and the hardware it has going on. If she decides to stick with it, I won't hate it no matter how similar in color it is to other dresses she's recently worn. I like the silhouette, as well. (But I will be interested to see if she has other ones waiting in the wings.)
    Thank you for the report! I liked how the audience was clapping leading into the polka, sign of a well-constructed program. Will you be at the FD tomorrow too?

vCash
    This SD made me smile. It is soooo adorable. Everything from the concept to their costumes. Absolutely loved it

On a time traveling circus... with ice dancing?
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by literaryfreak View Post
    Thank you for the report! I liked how the audience was clapping leading into the polka, sign of a well-constructed program. Will you be at the FD tomorrow too?
    I will be!

The audience really woke up when dance began. They were a little lethargic during ladies, but by the time Meryl and Charlie took the ice everyone seemed to be ready to polka out of their seats (in a good way). It was fabulous. Nearly a total standing O for them.

There was yet another near-collision with B/S during warm-up. This time with W&P. What is their tally now? ahahah bless 'em.

vCash
    Thanks for the reports circuscandy!

vCash
    Want to see, now!!

vCash
    So obvious to me how hard they have been working this summer. I have always had tremendous respect for them and their work ethic. They continue to surprise and delight me. Can't wait for the FD!

U.S. Ice Dance Junkie
    vCash
    My photos from Saturday dance practice and the Short Dance. M&C's program is adorable!

http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/...ice-short.html
    My Blog - Author & Figure Skating Fanatic
    LIFE ON THE EDGE - my skating novel
    EDGE OF THE PAST - the sequel
    FIGHTING FOR THE EDGE - the final book in the trilogy
    ****CROSSING THE ICE - new book coming Fall 2014!****

vCash
    I have an extremely rough version of the SD if anyone wants an immediate 2nd viewing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URS4zrGOg1A. It's a crappy copy, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully there will a proper copy uploaded to youtube soon!

ETA: Icenetwork's SD is already up, for those who want a clear version.
    Last edited by literaryfreak; 10-21-2012 at 01:41 AM.

vCash
    i do have to say that for most of the top teams' SDs, i love how they're doing one theme for the SD and that they're not using the traditionally known polka music

vCash
    thank you!! this will do until a better version is released!

They are so fast! And the little step sequence they did at 3:12 was so light and fun! I enjoyed it! Can't wait for FD!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Here's the video of their free dance run-through!

http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/...practices.html
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post this for us.

I'm curious - who was the other couple where the guy has on a gray shirt and the girl had long blond hair. They seemed to repeatedly get in the way of where D-W wanted to be, even making them abort one move.

Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast