Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 1004
  1. #261

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    217
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    44
    Thanks so much! I totally agree about the emotional connection - that's something I never found to be their strongest suit, but this program is such an improvement!

  2. #262

    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    NC, USA
    Posts
    16,694
    vCash
    450
    Rep Power
    7993
    So excited to see the full FD!!! I like what I see so far.

    Thanks TaBfan!!

  3. #263
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by circuscandy View Post
    I completely agree!
    Ditto...I love how they maintained that closeness through the breaks.

  4. #264
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    And can I say their spins are always so beautiful, and clean, you think they can't get any better and BAM there they went!

  5. #265
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Riga, Latvia
    Posts
    1,334
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you again, TanithandBenFan!

    I agree about the emotional connection and the closeness. The music cuts are also interesting, only they seem quite disconnected to me. Probably it will take some time for me to get used to those abrupt music changes. Otherwise, it's quite great in the pretty much expected Meryl/Charlie/Marina dramatic program way (to be clear, I don't mean anything bad by it).
    Last edited by lauravvv; 10-20-2012 at 01:39 AM.

  6. #266

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    Ditto...I love how they maintained that closeness through the breaks.
    I loved that, too. It helps so much to maintain the connection throughout, they skated as one from beginning to end. Even when they separated it didn't feel like they did. Really happy to see them improve in this area this year. They just keep getting better!
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

  7. #267

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    531
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    151
    Thanks for the vid! I think I had a mini heart attack during the almost collision!
    I'm going to twizzle into a triple axel and spiral out of it.

  8. #268

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    785
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    3147
    I love everything about this program so far. Thank you so much for the video.

  9. #269
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by shsocu View Post
    Thanks for the vid! I think I had a mini heart attack during the almost collision!
    I was too peeved to have a heart attack. I was like who are these bastards that got in between me and seeing another lift! Haven't they heard of the right of way before???

  10. #270

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,155
    vCash
    862
    Rep Power
    5668
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    I was too peeved to have a heart attack. I was like who are these bastards that got in between me and seeing another lift! Haven't they heard of the right of way before???
    And this is not the first time I've seen them do this You would think they would have learned by now before putting everyone in danger

    Thanks so much for the video TanithandBenFan…the FD looks so good. I like that it is dark.
    The music sounds like Vivre, La cour des miracles, Val D'amour and Danse Mon Esmeralda in that order.

  11. #271
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,150
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    who shouted the collision warning?

  12. #272
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    645
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love, love, love them but I don't love the music or concept of this FD!

    I think their movement (even in that broken up practice footage) looks better than it's ever been. Charlie, especially, looks like he's taken some serious dance training over the summer. And he also finally looks unafraid to really hold Meryl in a sustained kind of way- something he's never really done before. Meryl is as gorgeous as ever.

    But gosh I wish the growth in movement, the apparent dance training, and the tender intimacy were augmented by a more intriguing piece of music, choreography, and overall concept.

    Notre Dame de Blah!

    (I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion here but I can't help how I feel.)

  13. #273
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by missysays View Post
    I love, love, love them but I don't love the music or concept of this FD!

    I think their movement (even in that broken up practice footage) looks better than it's ever been. Charlie, especially, looks like he's taken some serious dance training over the summer. And he also finally looks unafraid to really hold Meryl in a sustained kind of way- something he's never really done before. Meryl is as gorgeous as ever.

    But gosh I wish the growth in movement, the apparent dance training, and the tender intimacy were augmented by a more intriguing piece of music, choreography, and overall concept.

    Notre Dame de Blah!

    (I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion here but I can't help how I feel.)
    Well, while I love this music and it's sort of a fantasy come true for me, I can see where you're coming from. For a moment I was wondering why they didn't wait to use this for an Olympic year, you can pretty much guarantee it will be a hit, until I thought about it. It's a similar concept to POTO, especially once abstracted to dance, and I can see how it would be considered a POTO part two, which I don't think would work in their favor. For a lot of us it's sort of like watching what they've done before...except better. Bringing what was missing to the game and I think by working within their element and proving they can bring that connection and polish to their skating they'll have less to prove next year if they wanted to do something different. Something judges and critics wouldn't normally think they're capable of. While I hate it, skating is the most biased sport and opinion is 9/10 of the law :/.

  14. #274

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Holy s***, Charlie wasn't kidding about emotion. The bladework is more intricate than I expected - Charlie looks like he is giving it his all and might fly off his blades...and this is only practice!

    I hope that moving the diagonal earlier in the program will help with achieving a Level 4 more often.

    Meryl's costume is beautiful as always, but I would not mind if it was a fake out. I'm thinking how Meryl's S&D dress truly added to that program. The simplicity of these current costumes does makes it feel like a modern take on Notre Dame, however.

  15. #275

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    It's okay, missysays, we all have our own opinions. I'm glad you see the improvement in their connection, especially for Charlie. I've always thought Meryl had beautiful expression and now Charlie's finally relating to her in a way that seems mature and responsive. Kudos to him for making the change.

    I also really love their movement and they seem to be skating closer than they ever have.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

  16. #276
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,474
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Also totally frivolous observation, but did anyone else notice Charlie's hair? It's longer than it normally is at the start of the season. I wonder if he intends for it to be longer at Worlds. Maybe he didn't want Peizerat's mane to outshine his .

  17. #277

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Usually in the D/W thread
    Posts
    5,079
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    585
    I can't help but thinking about Charlie's hair being as long as Gwendal's! But I figure if he didn't grow it that long for Samson, he won't here!

    ETA: I like your comment about the diagonal, literaryfreak. I agree that it may be stronger having it in the front of the program. It's a great step sequence from what I've seen and I also like where the circular step is in the music.
    MERYL DAVIS AND CHARLIE WHITE - 2014 OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALISTS!

  18. #278

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fending off those velocity raptors inside the LHC...with a crossbow
    Posts
    2,468
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    1968
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer~ View Post
    I can't help but thinking about Charlie's hair being as long as Gwendal's! But I figure if he didn't grow it that long for Samson, he won't here!

    ETA: I like your comment about the diagonal, literaryfreak. I agree that it may be stronger having it in the front of the program. It's a great step sequence from what I've seen and I also like where the circular step is in the music.
    I keep thinking how ironic it would be if Charlie were to shear off his curls the year he fulfills the Gwendal cries of old.

    I'll have to wait until the FD to know for sure, but the circular step sequence looks like it could be a really stirring moment.

  19. #279
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    148
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TanithandBenFan View Post
    Here's the video of their free dance run-through!

    http://jennifercomeaux.blogspot.com/...practices.html
    Thank you so much! I'm not sure about the program - changes of music seem rather abrupt to me.
    But they are incredible.

  20. #280
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    645
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessiebanana View Post
    It's a similar concept to POTO, especially once abstracted to dance, and I can see how it would be considered a POTO part two, which I don't think would work in their favor. For a lot of us it's sort of like watching what they've done before...except better.
    I think you were able to articulate exactly what I was feeling. And I didn't even like POTO all that much the first time around. The problem for me is that it's not only a little bit of POTO pt 2 but sonically it evokes W/P's FD from last year. Meryl is even wearing a burgundy spaghetti strap dress like Kaitlyn was wearing last year.

    That doesn't bode well when you bear even a passing resemblance to a team that was ranked beneath you. As well no matter how well they skated POTO it was still clearly a second tier type of program in terms of concept and level of sophistication, especially when compared with V/M's Mahler FD.

    They are so talented and their performance quality has grown in leaps and bounds. They really are such a special unique team I wish they would find unique and special concepts to go along with their talent. I know it's a hard thing to come up with concepts that others haven't skated to before but I think it is possible.

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •