Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    If you don't have a 3A in juniors, it's probably not going to happen in seniors. I'd like to be wrong, but I'm betting I'm not. There aren't going to be many more "next seasons" for Adam to get it together. I fear the same will be the case for Kozuka.
    Well, Kozuka won a national title plus a world silver at the senior level. He is woefully inconsistent, but he at least got it together for a short time.

I hope this works out for Adam. But I really would like for him to stick with a plan now, at least until Sochi.

vCash
    Arggg... I Love Kozuka !!!
    Nune

I <3 Kozuka
    vCash
    Lots of news and congratulations about the move happening on Twitter.

I hope he thrives in California.
    "'Is this new BMW-designed sled the ultimate sledding machine for Langdon and Holcomb?' Leigh Diffey asked before the pair cruised to victory. I don’t know, but I know that sled is the ultimate Olympic Games product placement.." -- Jen Chaney

vCash
    Musical coaches...but hey, maybe it will work for him this time around. Caroline Zhang did the same thing, but ultimately the move to the Oppegard's paid off and she is skating a lot better now. As for Krall she has a lot of students, two of them being Mahbanoozadeh and Farris who are like prime competition for Rippon...could get a little awkward potentially. The only elite student I know Raffael is coaching currently is Nathan Chen, and he's way younger than Adam so no awkward rivalry potential there (at least for the time being), and he probably has plenty of time to devote to Rippon. I just wonder if at some point it comes down to jumping ability, Rippon just isn't a huge jumper and his basics aren't the strongest either (likely from starting skating so late). Should be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Blergh
    vCash
    This off-season just keeps on giving.
    "Corporation, n. An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." - Ambrose Bierce

vCash
    Well, 1) Adam has worked on his physique and 2) moving to Arutunian should help him with jumps. Arutunian gave the Kween a little more power on jumps. I think this could work out. Also, I think he will have more face time with Arutunian due to the lack of other elite skaters as mentioned above. Abbott will have more time Yuka and Jason

vCash
    Finding the perfect skater/coach match is an extremely difficult thing. I wish Adam much luck with this move. Truth is, if he's not happy or feels stagnant, he needs to change coaches. It's not necessarily the fault of either side, sometimes it just doesn't work out.

vCash
    Hopefully this move for Adam will provide what he is looking for. I suspect he was not a priority for Orser in Canada, and quite honestly, probably wasn't at the top of the pecking order @ DSC, as Yuka and Jason had their hands full with Jeremy and Alissa (as well as many other students. As a side note, another of their students also left late this summer, iIRC, Alexe Gilles, who is back in Colorado, but not sure of her coaching arrangements at this point).

Adam has to find a training regimen that solidifies the 3A and a quad. Perhaps Arrowhead will be the answer.

vCash
    I don't care about the axels or the coach whoring. I get to what's important--the curls. So long as he has the curls and the Lip of Petulance, I will uber him.

TG just doesn't have the loyalty and love that I have. Hear that, Adam?

"The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    You distract yourself with Adam. Good girl. Meanwhile Max Trankov and I have slipped out the back door.

But I'm devastated about the curls.

Title-less
    vCash
    On the overall scheme of things Yuka and Jason (esp Yuka) are very inexperienced coaches. Yuka went from a novice coach in 2010 to being the go-to person in two years. That was expecting perhaps too much from a "young" coach like her.

vCash
    Looking forward to Adam strengthening his technical skills this coming season. Good luck Adam.
    I miss Adam's goldilocks!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlai View Post
    On the overall scheme of things Yuka and Jason (esp Yuka) are very inexperienced coaches. Yuka went from a novice coach in 2010 to being the go-to person in two years. That was expecting perhaps too much from a "young" coach like her.
    I agree. I also think that if something's not working, better to cut your losses and seek out help from an expert who has proven that he can teach a good triple axel. Adam is a great talent and I give him props for assessing his needs in order to regain his place as one of the top U.S. men in the run-up to Sochi.

vCash
    The Lake Arrowhead altitude will be good for him.

vCash
    This is a pleasant surprise! I've got a feeling that this is gonna work for Adam, finally! Hope I'm not jinxing him, though.

vCash
    Forgive me if it doesn't work this way, but I would have thought that if you are trying to get a certain jump or element consistent, chopping and changing coaches would be the worst idea you could have...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by misskarne View Post
    Forgive me if it doesn't work this way, but I would have thought that if you are trying to get a certain jump or element consistent, chopping and changing coaches would be the worst idea you could have...
    Yes. Different coaches will have different technique and adjusting may take time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanette View Post
    I love Adam to pieces. Hope that this works out for him.

Same here. I hope he brings back his curls, but that's totally his decision.

vCash
    Now launching the BRING BACK ANGEL BOY! campaign
    BARK LESS. WAG MORE.

vCash
    I wonder if Adam switching coaches now was a result of US Figure Skating suggesting it at Champs Camp. Otherwise, wouldn't he have made the change sooner, like right after Worlds, since he is saying he felt he needed a new direction after that competition last March? There's no better technical coach than Rafael in my opinion. I just question the timing.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast