vCash

used boots purchase

Another E-bay purchase - I needed boots to put the figure blades on. They should be arriving in about a week. $89.00 plus shipping for Jackson Elite Plus boots (what I'm already using). They look to be in good condition not broken down (seller gave pictures from every angle, even added pics of the soles when I asked). They do not have the tongue hooks, unfortunately.

The JE+ I ordered are a stock size 6C. The JE+ I'm already using are custom sized 5 3/4 w/split width C/A. The 5 3/4 is an exact fit after the boots have been on my feet 10 or 15 minutes - when I first put them on there is pressure on my big toes, so I have no issue with the slight addition of length of a size 6. The width of the heel is the issue, because I don't know how it will work out.

Assuming the boots are in good condition as they look in the pictures, I may end up using them for my freestyle skates if the heel width is not an issue. The figure blades can go on whichever fits the least well.

At any rate, I was lucky to find a pair of the same boot model (sans tongue hooks) which, other than the heel, is essentially the same size. I used to use SP Teri for freestyle and Reidell for figures, which was a bit weird switching back and forth between such differently fitting skates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by treesprite View Post
    The JE+ I ordered are a stock size 6C. The JE+ I'm already using are custom sized 5 3/4 w/split width C/A. The 5 3/4 is an exact fit after the boots have been on my feet 10 or 15 minutes - when I first put them on there is pressure on my big toes, so I have no issue with the slight addition of length of a size 6. The width of the heel is the issue, because I don't know how it will work out.
    Your current heel is A width and the ebay boots are C-width? I'm not sure I could handle that much of a difference -and since these are a little bit longer to begin with, your foot might be slipping inside. Hopefully, it would be ok as long as you don't jump or spin. And maybe look into getting some heel insets

http://figureskatingstore.com/az_pro...roducts_id=992

vCash
    The length is only 1/4th of a size longer, which is just going to mean that my toe won;t be crammed against the boot for the first 10 or 15 minutes of skating.

I'm not convinced that the C heel will be a big problem. My right foot/ankle really needs an orthotic due to complications resulting from having had a metal plate resting right on top of my inside ankle bone, but I can't fit one in my C/A boot because it is too narrow. I actually am wondering if it will end up working out that I should mix the pairs to have the wider heel for the right side to use an orthotic, and the narrower for the normal left side.

If the heels are too wide for freestyle the soon to arrive boots will get the figure blades and I'll just do figures on them.

Now here's the thing. You can buy exactly that type of heel thing in the foot care section of the grocery store for less than 10 bucks. I had gotten some trying to come up with some way to deal with my right side pronation, cut them trying to shape out something, but then my boot heel is simply too narrow.

vCash
    I'd highly recommend having someone look at the fit before you jump in these skates. The difference between C (wide) and A (narrow) could be a lot in freestyle. Good luck on finding inserts that work for you, it may not be a perfect solution, otherwise there would be no market for split width skates...