Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tranquillo
    vCash
    I hate that NYC tax dollars are going to support flat singing.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

GPF Barcelona here I come
    NYC, New Mexico, Azores, Cape Cod then Barcelona :)
    vCash
    aww.. highschool fame girl i think just wanted to hug Adam.. me too
    Thanks to PI .. I discovered I'm actually a Nontheist

"Love is better than Anger, Hope is better than fear" Jack Layton 1950-2011

Tranquillo
    vCash
    All these teens are getting on my nerves. Where are the funky, unique people from seasons past (ok, not quite as unique as razorless guy)

vCash
    Alessandra potentially I think has a great voice, but that was not a good song for her. It was so Broadway at the beginning, at one point it was vaguely country, and then she went into three different keys in less than a phrase, which was kind of impressive.

Maybe they're saving that one great singer for last, but this has been a very meh night of singing. I feel like there were singers on the first night that didn't get a single turn around and some fairly constructive criticism were better than a lot of the ones where two or more chairs turned around.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    oh my favourite of the night.. liked his silky voice.. and he can move too.. glad to see all four judges support him.. good job Avery

vCash
    he's sixteen .. well I never..

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    A little autotuning and this kid could be a star. He needs the right material and he could win.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    A little autotuning and this kid could be a star. He needs the right material and he could win.
    This kid could win with a few vocal lessons!

vCash
    I want to know where the big girls are. They did pretty well last year--down to the pentultimate episode on Team Adam and Team Blake. Hey, had Adam gone with the audience's vote, the not-fat-but-definitely-more-curved-than-average Adelle light would have been in the final.

I'm tired of these goofy little teens already that are not any more talented than the ones in your average, underfunded high school choir. If I watned to watch teenyboppers caterwaulling, I'd watch American Idol.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Per this article, Shakira and Usher will replace Xtina and CeeLo for the spring season.

Blake was commenting that the back to back seasons this year made it much harder to combine being on the show with touring and a music career.

ETA: The USA Today article says Green will be back for Season 5 and it doesn't specifically say if Xtina will be back or not.
    Last edited by Garden Kitty; 09-18-2012 at 03:51 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Ugh Christina so wasted one of her pics, this couple was pitchy, off timing, and out of tune. Ugh
    They were just about the weakest we've seen so far. I think Christina was looking for fodder. Oh well, at least she can talk fashion with the female singer.

Quote Originally Posted by kylet3 View Post
    Anchorage dude sounds like a goat and is pitchy, I wouldn't be turning my chair around for him.
    Yeah, I don't get it either. He's got a lot of people watching him on youtube, so hopefully he'll be a lot better when he's not nervous? I definitely would have chosen Agira over him. Maybe mood and timing enters into some of the judges' decisions.

Avery was definitely my favorite of the night. He's definitely the most commercial we've seen so far this season. He's got raw talent and is young and cute. And that's without any training. CeeLo scored big with him. I hope he CeeLo doesn't mess it up by doing something stupid like picking the Chinese GaGa over him in a battle round.
    Last edited by Allskate; 09-18-2012 at 06:03 AM.

what a glorious day!
    vCash
    Someday I'll stay awake until the end of this show. Good to see Purrfect. He/she/it is the star of the show.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Alessandra potentially I think has a great voice, but that was not a good song for her.
    I just hope her mama gets a citation for letting her go out there looking like a 35 year old.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    Per this article, Shakira and Usher will replace Xtina and CeeLo for the spring season.
    No. Just no. To both.

vCash
    ^^^
    This!

Avery is a real find.
    With the right coaching, he could be spectacular.
    Time will tell if Cee-Lo was the best choice for him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Kitty View Post
    The girl who went with Xtina annoyed me "what will you do for me even after the show ends"
    The honest answer is: nothing.

Not just on Xtina's part but more importantly on the record label's.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heckles View Post
    No. Just no. To both.
    It's just for the spring. Xtina and CeeLo are touring to promote new albums. CeeLo actually has two albums coming out and is in talks about an NBC sitcom. I don't know how Adam and Blake managed to find time between their tours to do the fall shows. They do most of the blind audition shows in one day, but they've still got the mentoring and battle rounds and then several weeks of live shows. That's a big time commitment. The show has been lucrative to all 4 in showcasing their own new material to say nothing of their salaries, but it's not like the AI or even X factor judges who don't actually do things. Although the new AI judges are still active. I guess.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    It's just for the spring. Xtina and CeeLo are touring to promote new albums. CeeLo actually has two albums coming out and is in talks about an NBC sitcom. I don't know how Adam and Blake managed to find time between their tours to do the fall shows. They do most of the blind audition shows in one day, but they've still got the mentoring and battle rounds and then several weeks of live shows. That's a big time commitment. The show has been lucrative to all 4 in showcasing their own new material to say nothing of their salaries, but it's not like the AI or even X factor judges who don't actually do things. Although the new AI judges are still active. I guess.
    And there was an interview with Blake that seems to indicate that he goes next. Apparently, the move to 2x a year is too much for him.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

Beach Bum
    vCash
    If they are doing it 2x a year, I wouldn't object to having 2 different panels for spring and fall.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    It's just for the spring. Xtina and CeeLo are touring to promote new albums.
    Well, I have to hand it to the producers. They found people to fill in the roles of pervy brothah and skanky Latin chick.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast