Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

vCash
    Blake's assistance to his choices seems infinitely better than any promotion the network offers them.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    They didn't last year, but Xtina said the other day that they will this year.
    I thought Xtina was referring to the fact that they've added a new twist which allows a judge to "steal" someone from another judge's team. I'm not sure how it works, and maybe they can only steal them if the other judge eliminates them in the face off rounds. But I think the stealing only comes into play if a singer is on another judge's team - not if they weren't picked at all.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Uncle Dick's Beyotch!
    vCash
    Rob might be referring to when in Season 1 they ran out of contestants and had to send some back out for a 2nd chance to fill the roster. Now that the show is popular, I doubt they have a shortage of contestants waiting in the wings to get their chance to sing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceon6 View Post
    I'd choose Blake or CeeLo for the industry contacts depending on the type of music I was interested in. I'd choose Christina if I needed technical help.
    I don't remember any of Christina's getting better.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by taf2002 View Post
    I don't remember any of Christina's getting better.
    ita, i think she's a great singer but was always a great singer and might not be able to teach someone else what she does naturally

also, her musical knowledge and taste seems pretty narrow compared to the other judges. she's be my last pick.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I disagree. Moses improved massively from his first performance until he was booted.

Last season, she didn't really understand the concept of cannon fodder; all of her singers were really great to begin with. They only needed fine tuning. This season, I think she's finally gotten the fodder concept, so we'll see how good of a coach she is.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by my little pony View Post
    ita, i think she's a great singer but was always a great singer and might not be able to teach someone else what she does naturally

also, her musical knowledge and taste seems pretty narrow compared to the other judges. she's be my last pick.

Christina seems just as knowledgeable and varied about music/taste as the others...I definitely agree with Matry about Moses though, he improved leaps and bounds, as well as Ashley De La Rosa.

I think Christina has a lot of versatility. She's done gospel, pop, R&B, angry girl rock, jazz, latin-pop ect. Christina seems like she's really good about working to bring out the best in all of her contestants. Even though Lindsay was clearly her favorite last season, she still gave 100 percent to the others, and I can't say the same for the other three judges. Although if you are lucky enough to be one of Blake's favorites he will end up being a very good choice in the long run.

Jayar...kudos to you for trying out for The Voice Hopefully you make it through it to the live shows next time!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    If I were a contestant, I would choose Blake as a coach simply because of the way he treats and promotes his singers.
    Smiley - I'm with you, I think if you're one of Blake's chosen final favorites, he'll help you. Otherwise, you're under the bus with the other fodder. I'm thinking of Naia Kete and Jordis from last year. I saw Naia live and she was amazing. On the show, he toned down what made her special (the reggae). Charlotte Sometimes was there too - she was vocally impressive and came off much better live (attitude wise).

Season 1 news - Xenia is on tour and coming to my area (sort of) in October. I'll be going.

vCash
    I liked Xenia. She was/is young and very unpolished, but you can't deny that her voice is special. I look forward to seeing her grow as an artist because I'd listen to her music.

vCash
    The format of the show requires "favorites" vs. cannon fodder.
    We don't know what might be done by the celebrities to offer "career assistance" off-camera.

vCash
    I saw a couple of episodes of The Voice U.K. on utubes. I think overall there are better singers over there than in the U.S.

vCash
    Those first few notes of that Hernandez girl was and at only 15, She kind of lost it in the middle when the chairs started turning, but she got it back.

If I were Taylor Swift, and I heard her sing the first few bars, I'd be too embarrassed to ever sing that song again. I think though she'll only be cannon fodder for Christina (and Adam) but I think she'd be on Blake's team.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    I cant believe I was watching DWTS and Bristol Palin and forgot about this! Ergh! Did I miss anything good? Big belters?
    Kyle

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    She was really good. I've forgotten who else is on Xtina's team. I'd have just quit singing and started squealing when 3 of those chairs spun around. I forgive her that little tremble. Last night of blind auditions. Bring on the battle rounds.

kylet3, first singer was a really good 15yo Taylor Swift. Then a former boyband who they passed on.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    Imagine a Taylor Swift who could actually sing and emote beyond waah-waaah I wasn't prom queen waaah-waaah petulant teenager while she sings.

Poor man's Florence was good, but it's not a style of singing I personally care for. But I approve of blue hair. I'm torn.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    I like the fact that CeeLo will turn around for a variety of singers and not just singers of a certain type. But you knew that country girl was picking Blake.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    Singing Florence and looking like Katy Perry and claiming massive panic attack issues? I see a trainwreck.

Not a fan of Twanging Nicole. She's fodder.

If I hear one more freaking teenager say they've worked their WHOLE LIFE for a 3 year old tv show, I'll be tossing things at the screen.

vCash
    If the initial judges decided they were tone deaf and allowed me in front of the show, I think I'd do a rock-ish version of a country song in the hopes of getting CeeLo and Blake to turn around. Maybe Keep Your Hands to Yourself.

This song is a horrible choice. Singing it through his nose is an even worse choice.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    I missed last guy's story .. what's with all the flags on his guitar?

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    If the initial judges decided they were tone deaf and allowed me in front of the show, I think I'd do a rock-ish version of a country song in the hopes of getting CeeLo and Blake to turn around. Maybe Keep Your Hands to Yourself.
    can we be a tone deaf duo? each judge needs a duo for fodder. or i can just clap or something. i like that song.
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast