Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    snarking for AZE
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    I say "Go" you say "HOME".
    we need to get in the way back machine and be in the audience and yell that at her
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
    I don't like it when a judge hit the button after only 1-2 notes. I don't know how you can determine the singer's ability so quick like that.
    Yeah, it was kind of funny when Adam turned around after two seconds for the Colorado boy in the baseball cap and said that he could tell that this guy was a student of reggae. (While the Jamaican woman who grew up on reggae supposedly just didn't understand it. )

I didn't think the boy band dude was bad at all. I thought he sang better than any of those girls in the collage of female pop singers they showed getting chosen.

I didn't think Nigerian guy was anything special. I can't see him lasting.
    Last edited by Allskate; 09-13-2012 at 04:42 AM.

vCash
    Thank you, Nicole, for understanding you can sing powerfully without screeching. That last note was so amazing and beautiful. She connected to the lyrics and used the music to enhance it. That song can so easily go very, very wrong.

I'm preparing my power-voting finger right now.

I don't get the hip hop girl. AT ALL. But I didn't understand the hoopla over Julia Simms either and I ended up being really pissed off when she didn't win, so we'll see what he can do.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    OMG. Da. Mo. was crazy. Fortunately, she can sing better than the Egyptian Warrior Princess. Unfortunately, I think he'll keep her around too long.

Nicole was my favorite of the night, but I didn't think this was the best night. I wish they weren't having over sixty people make it.

If Adam hadn't made it in the music industry, he would have had a very successful career as a car salesman. He is so good. Blake was selling organic B.S.

vCash
    the tone of this show is so much more positive than the xfactor and the judges are nicer and they have genuine chemistry. i like the talent here (still pretty average IMO) better than xfactor, so i'll stick to this.

but i don't think either will either get the talent that turn out for idol, the last several winners notwithstanding

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Matryeshka View Post
    Thank you, Nicole, for understanding you can sing powerfully without screeching. That last note was so amazing and beautiful. She connected to the lyrics and used the music to enhance it. That song can so easily go very, very wrong.

I'm preparing my power-voting finger right now.

I don't get the hip hop girl. AT ALL. But I didn't understand the hoopla over Julia Simms either and I ended up being really pissed off when she didn't win, so we'll see what he can do.
    ITA about Nicole. I rewinded that part a few times to hear her sing it over and over. I really want to download her singing that song in it's entirety!

Do-Ma was a clear plant for Cee-Lo. She appealed to his vanity, singing a song he wrote (which I didn't actually know he did until they mentioned it). There was no way the other 3 coaches were turning their chair for THAT voice.

Christina's team is really strong right now. She's not playing around.

I when Adam admitted that "duos confuse" him. ITA!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    i dont like the duos either, it's like two ok singers trying to disguise their ordinariness

the only person i like so far is nicole
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    As has been said; some of these people are (necessary) "cannon fodder".

vCash
    ^^^

They need LOTS of cannon fodder with so many on each team this season.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    Christina always seems to end up with a super strong team, but it falls apart somewhere between the battle and live rounds. Maybe it's her inability to make cuts, or stacking the team too much, or not being able to pick a favorite to throw votes towards; I don't know. Blake and Adam are very good at finding talent but also being able to play the game and get the singers they want to the finals. Cee-Lo...well, he always gets the interesting ones. And sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't!

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbell1 View Post
    Cee Lo has met this year's Erin Martin. Really? She's Japan's Lady Gaga? I did appreciate the editing on her, those cuts back as she blabbed on about her amazing celebrity were awesome. I say "Go" you say "HOME".
    I especially liked how the other judges got more and more glad they didn't turn their chair around while she was talking

I missed Tuesday night, but there aren't many memorable performers from Monday and Wednesday. And I HATE the sob stories!

Lots of negotiating between the judges before turning their chairs around this season. Blake especially seems unwilling to turn his chair if others aren't (unless it's a country singer). As a strategy that keeps him from being stuck with someone like Dumbo, who only got 1 judge, but it makes him look indecisive and not that invested in the singers. which is weird, because he's done a great job with singers on his team who are far outside of his genre.

The bird is a nice touch, but I miss Purrfect
    Q: Why can't I read the competition threads?
    A: Competition forums on the board are available to those with a Season Pass or a premium membership How to View Kiss & Cry

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    The singers are really secondary to me. I watch because of the interplay between the coaches, the strategy they use and the opportunities to get to hear them sing. They are never negative or mean to a singer (even if they fight like children among themselves) and always have good useful feedback even for those they don't turn around for. I never would have thought the blend of personalities of the four coaches would be so entertaining. I laugh out loud at something every episode. Oh, and I watch because Adam and Blake are and Xtina is a goddess and CeeLo is a brilliant songwriter and producer and has a pink bird. And you never know what he's going to wear when he sings.
    Those who never succeed themselves are always the first to tell you how.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by genevieve View Post

The bird is a nice touch, but I miss Purrfect
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10100654797736899

https://www.facebook.com/PurrfectTheCat
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

vCash
    I miss Purrfect, too!

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    this child looks like a cartoon

carson should ask the parents why they never fixed her teeth

i like her song but i wonder if everything she sings will sound just like that

vCash
    I recognize that this evil love child of Audrey Hepburn and Adelle has talent and can sing, but it's not a style of singing I particularly enjoy.

She looks like someone they'd use as bait on To Catch on Predator in a futuristic 60s world.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Yay, Purrrfect made a quick appearance.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    The youtube bar mitzvah one hit wonder now has delusions of talent.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    He also picked a very bad song. He should have tried to show he can do something else.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

vCash
    OMG, who will Stanley Tucci pick?!!! I can't take it! THE DRAMA!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast