Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

vCash
    Doesn't start here for another hour.
    Never mess with a geocacher. We know the best places to hide a body....

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    ass spanking This is what I love most about this show. Way more than just the talent.

Pretty young Black guy is really good. He's got the voice and the looks that could win this year. Xtina wants a private concert with him. There are some really good singers this season. The battle rounds will be brutal.
    Last edited by rfisher; 09-12-2012 at 01:31 AM.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    I'm now starting! I think the first girl is four chair turn around for canon fodder. She is so flat when she tries to get the high notes. That's the only reason I see for them all turning around.
    "The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibility of practicing sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play." –Olympic Charter

vCash
    So thankful for this show. Even the bad ones aren't so bad that they make my ears bleed.
    AceOn6, the golf loving skating fan

vCash
    There are many talented singers, even at this stage.
    I can imagine how difficult the "Battle Rounds" will be.

vCash
    I auditioned for this season, and they were looking for BIG voices. I made it to the second round, and it was interesting to see what they were weeding out and what they were keeping. They cut some spectacular singers who could have done very well, but they weren't belters. And then they let some big voices who were lesser singers through. And for the record-- the 'blind audition' thing is only for the four TV judges. All of us sang directly in front of early round judges who could see us as plain as day.

During my second round audition, I was selected to sing first in my group of 10. As soon as I announced my song choice, the judge put her head down and started playing on her computer. I knew I wasn't getting through, but she was very complimentary. She essentially said that there were a lot of me this season, and I didn't pop as much as some of the other mes. Overall it was a fun experience, though.

P.S. One of the 10 in my group was arrested just before we went in to sing. Some poor older gentleman got pulled from the group after us and was thrown in to the audition with us as a last minute replacement.
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayar View Post
    I auditioned for this season, and they were looking for BIG voices. I made it to the second round, and it was interesting to see what they were weeding out and what they were keeping. They cut some spectacular singers who could have done very well, but they weren't belters. And then they let some big voices who were lesser singers through. And for the record-- the 'blind audition' thing is only for the four TV judges. All of us sang directly in front of early round judges who could see us as plain as day.

During my second round audition, I was selected to sing first in my group of 10. As soon as I announced my song choice, the judge put her head down and started playing on her computer. I knew I wasn't getting through, but she was very complimentary. She essentially said that there were a lot of me this season, and I didn't pop as much as some of the other mes. Overall it was a fun experience, though.

P.S. One of the 10 in my group was arrested just before we went in to sing. Some poor older gentleman got pulled from the group after us and was thrown in to the audition with us as a last minute replacement.
    Very cool Jayar, round 2 is nothing to sneeze at. Did you have an appropriate "story" to go with your audition? (you don't have to share it...) I like The Voice, but I do wonder if you don't have a good story behind "your voice" they wouldn't let you get very far.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash

Did you even get to see Adam? Or Xtina? Or the bird? Congratulations for making it to the 2nd round. You should try out again.
    Adelina Sotnikova defeated the curse of Esta She is indeed the Greatest Of All Time!

vCash
    You should try out again.
    Jayar, it's great to have a first-hand description of the audition process.
    What are the rules about trying out again?

vCash
    I auditioned for this season, and they were looking for BIG voices. I made it to the second round, and it was interesting to see what they were weeding out and what they were keeping. They cut some spectacular singers who could have done very well, but they weren't belters.
    I wonder if luck enters into it in terms of whether you audition earlier or later. They've definitely had singers on the last two nights who weren't belters, but maybe those singera already had auditioned for the producers by the time you got to audition and they were looking to round out the group with some belters.

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skatesindreams View Post
    Jayar, it's great to have a first-hand description of the audition process.
    What are the rules about trying out again?
    Apparently, it's fine. They've already put one contestant into the battle rounds who tried out last year and they've told several contestants they should come back next time. I vote Jayar tries out again just so he can tell us stuff about Adam. and Blake.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rfisher View Post
    Did you even get to see Adam? Or Xtina? Or the bird? Congratulations for making it to the 2nd round. You should try out again.
    No. No. And No. I
    Beefcake's fancy, saccharine, artsy, drag bingo cliche effusing, bipolar, OTT fashionista manchild

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Allskate View Post
    I wonder if luck enters into it in terms of whether you audition earlier or later. They've definitely had singers on the last two nights who weren't belters, but maybe those singera already had auditioned for the producers by the time you got to audition and they were looking to round out the group with some belters.
    Yes. The judge told me as much. I was on the last day of auditions.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skipaway View Post
    Very cool Jayar, round 2 is nothing to sneeze at. Did you have an appropriate "story" to go with your audition? (you don't have to share it...) I like The Voice, but I do wonder if you don't have a good story behind "your voice" they wouldn't let you get very far.
    They didn't talk with us at that point. It was all very clinical. Had I made it past sing #2, then I would have had a 'call back', which is where I suspect the backstory might come in. I am going to give it one more shot next year, and then call it a day. I know now more of what I need to do, so perhaps I will get further into the process. I just want to lick, I mean MEET Adam.

Tranquillo
    vCash
    Adam: like a freight train of angry, jilted women.
    "The Devil is joining in, and that's never a good sign." Phil Liggett

Satisfied skating fan
    vCash
    Nigerian guy was really good. This girl may or may not sing well, but she is annoying. If I were CeeLo, I'd be very afraid. I think she will hurt him.

Nicole had really great control. I'm going to hate the battle rounds; There are some really good singers.

"organic bull"
    Last edited by rfisher; 09-13-2012 at 02:00 AM.

snarking for AZE
    vCash
    you mean i say do you say mo, she exhausted me
    I feel like I'm in a dream. But it can't be a dream because there are no boy dancers!

vCash
    I don't like it when a judge hit the button after only 1-2 notes. I don't know how you can determine the singer's ability so quick like that.

I'm tired of all the sob stories also. Ugh.

vCash
    @ the judges telling the ex boy band singer to work on his singing.

Cee Lo has met this year's Erin Martin. Really? She's Japan's Lady Gaga? I did appreciate the editing on her, those cuts back as she blabbed on about her amazing celebrity were awesome. I say "Go" you say "HOME".

vCash
    I didn't like hip-hop girl either. Her voice wasn't all that good. And I didn't really like the voices of the mom/dau duo or the guy from Nigeria. Maybe they wanted them for cannon fodder. I liked the white reggae singer & the last woman who did Hallelujah.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast