Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    vCash
    I have a sinus infection right now. I get them several times a year. I have been trying to make myself go to the doctor for a week, but, and this sounds silly, but, I feel too bad to go! I will have to go tomorrow though, I need the antibotics or I will never get better.
    I get the IB trouble too.
    I have found that eating Activa everyday helps.
    But I have to watch what I eat.

vCash
    I got myself a pro-biotic yesterday, either way it's been a long, slow recovery process, I'm still not up to snuff yet. It's been a really bad few weeks that's knocked me on my back side I hate sinus infections, they drive me nuts. I just never expected these kinds of complications after taking antibiotics, either way,
    Kyle

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Latte View Post
    I have a sinus infection right now. I get them several times a year. .
    Latte - I fought doing the nasal rinses for over a year. But my ENT doctor (who I have had for 28 years) finally convinced me to do them. As much as I hate to say they were right, they were right. It cleans out mucous

Spoiler

. We have added Pulmicort to the nasal washing - an inhaled steroid to try and keep the nasal passages open.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by numbers123 View Post
    Latte - I fought doing the nasal rinses for over a year. But my ENT doctor (who I have had for 28 years) finally convinced me to do them. As much as I hate to say they were right, they were right. It cleans out mucous

Spoiler

. We have added Pulmicort to the nasal washing - an inhaled steroid to try and keep the nasal passages open.
    Does the Pulmicort need a perscription or can you buy it over the counter?
    Same question for the Nasal Rinse. And does it have a name?
    Thanks ahead of time.

vCash
    The nasal rinse can be found at any drug store, I'm not sure about the other item, I haven't heard of it. I would definitely go to the doctor though and see what he/she says.
    Kyle

Rejecting your reality and substituting my own
    vCash
    You can buy the salt (that's all a nasal rinse liquid is, a saline solution) at a health food store, it'll last you longer than the packaged liquid. Just mix it with warm distilled water.

Regular table salt burns because of the added iodine, I think.

My sister got her nasal rinse squirt bottle at CVS.

vCash
    Latte - Pulmicort requires a prescription.

vCash
    Yes, pulmicort is a prescription. Nasal saline rinses - you can buy the saline packets in the drug store and mix with 8 ounces of water. They recommend distilled water, but you could also use tap water. I think plenty of people have posted in the Neti-pot threads about the pros and cons of the use of Neti-pots and tap water.

vCash
    Went back to the doctor and got some omnaris which really seems to be helping the post nasal drip. Got some more blood work done for celiac's disease too so we should know more by Tuesday. Either way, bleh. This has not been fun.
    Kyle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12