Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

vCash
    Too hard to just list one, but here are some of the best, in no particular order:
    Bruce
    Elton
    The Clash (Paul Simonon )
    Sting
    Talking Heads
    McCartney
    Eric Clapton (with George Harrison for a song)
    James Taylor
    Rolling Stones (at LA Coliseum, in the furthest seat possible from the stage and still awesome)

vCash
    The Black Crowes, because all they did was perform-No stage show needed.

Faith No More at the Button South, who also didn't need a stage show.

Geno DelaFose and Steve Riley are always good.

Would love to see Gordon Gano, Linda Perry, and the Rave ups live.

vCash
    Muse by far. I went to my first Muse concert as a casual fan knowing only 5 songs. By the end of the concert I was hooked. The band played with so much energy and conviction. It was so good that I had a dream about the concert the same night when I went home. No other band has ever made me go out and buy all their CDs after the concert.

I also always go see the Pet Shop Boys whenever they come to town. I always have fun at their shows even though I stopped buying their CDs since the early 90's.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Too many to name just one:

- Depeche Mode - Violator Tour 1991 (? - may have been 1992?)
    - The Cure - Disintegration Tour 1989
    - Metallica - Black Album Tour 1992
    - The B-52s, Tom-Tom Club, and The Ramones - 1990
    - INXS - The Swing Tour 1984 (at a nightclub club in Houston, Texas - I gave Michael Hutchence a carnation which I got back and still have to this day )
    - Alice in Chains, Primus, Rage Against the Machine, Front 242 at Lollapalooza 1993
    - Rush - Signals Tour 1983
    - Van Halen - Diver Down Tour 1982
    - Project Pitchfork - Dream, Tiresias Tour 2009

Two places! Atlanta suburbs and in the North Georgia Mountains
    vCash
    Hey Rob-I love Bruce too. I am actually one whole day older than him.

I loved Heart, Sting, and the Beatles. I couldn't hear a thing the Beatles sang from all the screaming, but it was a fun experience.

In other ways, I think the Atlanta Symphony/Robert Shaw concert of Berlioz' "Requiem" was memorable. It's a beautiful piece of music, but this concert really was unique. Symphony Hall in Atlanta's Woodruff Arts Center is narrow, with an orchestra, loge and balcony seating areas. Two platform areas jut out on either far side of the loge or middle seating area. When it was time for "Dies Irea" (spelling?) a group of brass muscians had quietly taken their places on these side loge areas. At the appropriate moment, the brass ripped forth with God's anger in sheer sassy brass, and nobody in the orchestra seating below was ready for that! People screamed....ran, etc. It was FABULOUS!

I also saw Pink Floyd there and a gorgeous production of Leonard Bernstein's "Mass" which made me cry my eyes out.

The most recent "concert" I enjoyed was a dvd of "Mater's Tall Tales." The "Cars" character Mater was at one time a Heavy Metal star with the best selling song "Dad Gum Dad Gum Dad Gum." It's hysterical and can only be truly appreciated when in the company of a 4 year old.

Celebrating Jeremy Abbott's FS at 2014 Worlds...
    vCash
    Dies Irae

vCash
    I forgot to mention one show that really stood out. 1983 Lionel Ritchie, just before his "Cant slow down" lp came out. Just a real pro, killed it on a number of Commodores songs (Sail On was fantastic) and ended with a fantastic version of "All Night Long". Sort of sad that his no talent daughter has a better career now that he does.

vCash
    30 seconds to Mars, Des Moines 2007. Jared sang "Capricorn" a Capella

Def Leppard, 1987, the Houston Summit. In the round,a nd it was the last time I saw Steve Clark perform before he died.

My Chemical Romance 2010 Denver. They always put on a great show, but I was jumping around so much ( at altitude!) that I nearly passed out.

vCash
    Best experience -- Grand Ole Opry, went in July of 2009 (2010?) and it was such a fantastic venue and concert!

Best concert -- Carrie Underwood (opener- Josh Turner).. I would have paid as much as I did to see Josh alone, and double for Carrie!

Dierks Bentley and Kelly Clarkson (separate concerts) did some pretty county fair concerts that I went too, as well.

The Fray was terrible live.. But it was fun, my friends and I got tickets and between then and the concert was when they started to hit it big, so we got to see them for very cheap.

vCash
    Mr. Habs and I just got home from Glass Tiger and Roxette.
    Not the best concert ever, but a ton of fun! Loved getting our 80s on!

vCash
    Gosh I have seen so many!!!!
    George micheal came here four years ago and it was fantastic , it was easily into the tour and he sound phenomenal

I s dire straights onthe brothers in arms tour, which was grand

One of my all tme fave concerts was not the best from the band but it was on my dream list to see a show at wembly in London. And I managed to score free tickets to U2 after I did some volunteering for like half an hour before the show, it was totally unexpected and fabulous to be in that space!!!

I would love to see Bruce Springsteen , he is such a entertainer I can only imagine how great the show would be
    I saw Madonna a fewe years ago and will be heading to see her with overage and jp1andonly in a few weeks!!!! Can't wait I need a. Good dancing night out

vCash
    My tops are INXS in 86 or 87 in Milwaukee. I was like the only black girl in the crowd at the age of 16 but seeing Michael Hutchence up close... priceless. He was truly a beautiful man.

George Michael in 1988, Faith Tour in Alpine Valley WI.

RHCP(Red Hot Chili Peppers), Blood Sugar Sex Magik tour 92. Greatest live band ever. The most fun I had a concert, EVER!
    "“My bronze feels like gold,” said the bronze medalist Carolina Kostner

vCash
    Simon Rattle conducting the Berlin Philharmonic playing Brahms' 3rd Symphony

I haven't been to many rock concerts, so the Spice Girls reunion tour tops my list. I've loved them all my life. It was like my 7-year-old-self's dream come true.

vCash
    Bruce Springsteen, Billy Joel, & James Taylor. We've seen Bruce 3 times, Billy , at least 10, and JT, at least 15. Re: JT - that includes the concert tour he did with Carole King 2 years ago.

vCash
    I have several, but the 3 that stand out the most are:

1) Radiohead in May of 2008 in St. Louis
    2) M.I.A. on Cinco de Mayo 2008 in Nashville
    3) Arctic Monkeys in 2010 in Athens, GA

I have to give a special mention to Girl Talk. While his shows aren't concerts in the conventional way because it's all digital from his computer, I've now been to 10 shows of his and they've all been radically different and extremely fun.
    Logic is in the eye of the logician --Gloria Steinem

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topaz View Post
    My tops are INXS in 86 or 87 in Milwaukee. I was like the only black girl in the crowd at the age of 16 but seeing Michael Hutchence up close... priceless. He was truly a beautiful man.
    Absolutely.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    David Bowie or The Police Picnics (went to several of those)

vCash
    Prince, Club 3121 @ The Rio, Las Vegas January 2007
    Unbelievable band

vCash
    One of my favorites was a Neil Diamond concert that I attended 40 years ago. Another was Yizhak Perlman at the Hollywood Bowl ... about 25 years ago.

vCash
    It would be really hard to narrow it down. But I saw Radiohead at an outdoor venue in 2003, and I'll always remember that because (a) they were absolutely fantastic and (b) the show started in early evening, and the combination of their stage lighting, the music drifting over the tops of the tall trees, and the sun going down was simply magical.

I went with a friend who has some mobility problems, so he couldn't stand in the general seating area on the stadium field. And by the time we got there the only seats left were in the stadium bleachers, about 2/3 of the way up and near the very far right hand side of the stage. So this is one of my more memorable shows ever, even though I could only see about 1/3 of the stage
    You should never write words with numbers. Unless you're seven. Or your name is Prince. - "Weird Al" Yankovic, "Word Crimes"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast