Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AYS View Post
    Elton John, Thanksgiving 1974 (Caribou tour), when I was about a week shy of 14 yrs old. It was my very first rock concert, he was *amazing* (opened with Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding) AND John Lennon came out as a surprise guest and they did Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and When I Saw Her Standing There (and also, Whatever Gets you Through the Night, but the other two were magic). I saw a lot of great shows over the years after that, but that was unmatchable. When I realized it was John Lennon, I (and however many thousand were there) just started screaming. It was absolutely incredible.

Obviously we didn't know at the time it would be, but years later read it was his last live performance. He was the only Beatle I've ever seen live.
    My mom has a live CD of Elton John's with a special appearance by John Lennon on the songs you mentioned. They sound absolutely incredible together, I would've loved to see them.

I've seen Elton John 5 times live and every time it was incredible.

U2 is also awesome.

John Fogerty puts on a great show.

I'm going to see Paul McCartney in November, so beyond excited about it!
    Last edited by nyrak; 09-19-2012 at 05:35 AM.

vCash
    Saw McCartney twice and it was amazing each time, saw Bruce six times and he just got better and better, Billy Joel/Elton John concert was great except for idiot who kept yelling gay slurs during Elton't performance.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by skateycat View Post
    But I measure the cost of all tickets against the $36 I paid in 1986 to see U2, The Neville Brothers, Sting, Peter Gabriel, Jackson Browne, Lou Reed, Joan Baez and Bryan Adams for the Amnesty International Conspiracy of Hope tour.
    I went to Amnesty International too! That was great. Paid nuthin - my boyfriend was in the business back then. He booked U2 to play at Brown University for $500 back in the early 80s before they got popular in the US. Can you imagine, after agents fees they probably each got $50 for the gig.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

vCash
    "Wonderful Tonight" by Eric Clapton...
    One of my favorite...the beauty of this song is in its romantic simplicity...love it!!!

Re-registered User
    vCash
    I just got back from a trip to Quebec City to see Leonard Cohen in his Old Ideas tour. This review just barely touches the surface of how wonderful it was. My face is aching from smiling with awe, and my hands are blistered. Three hours, four encore performances, and perfect sound from a 78 year old genius. It was a life highlight for me.

My daughter left a book of Leonard's poetry with one of his staff members, in the hope that he will autograph it for her. I think the man saw her crying, and looked at the dog-eared and frayed book and realised that this was not someone looking to add value to her book, but someone for whom Leonard's words mean a great deal.
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    On Nov. 17 my best friend and I went to see Springsteen and E Street. Truth be told we were going to say good-bye after several great concerts over the past 30 years. I was never one of those folks who saw age as just a number. I thought he and the band might be too old. But Bruce sure proved us wrong: From the opening number-- "Kansas City"-- he (and his amazing band and horn section) blew the roof off and it was a party from the get-go. It was simply the best concert I ever saw and I was shocked that a 63 year old guy had truly improved with age. Anyway we are ready to go again and I would LOVE to see him and E Street in Europe.

Re-registered User
    vCash
    He signed her book! It arrived in the mail today with a lovely inscription. She is over the moon!
    ‎"You emerge victorious from the maze you've been travelling in." Oct 21,2012- Best Fortune Cookie Ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cygnus View Post
    Back in my University days I would often see the late great Stan Rogers in concert at various bars and coffeehouses around town. Loved him, and he was gone much too soon.
    God, how I envy you. Never heard him live, in fact I discovered Stan Rogers after he died, but he is one of my absolutely favorite singers and songwriters. What a voice and style he had.

One of my favorite concerts- Yo-Yo Ma's Silk Road Project in the UN building a few years ago. The music, the atmosphere- was so inspiring.
    improving my ballad- like lines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234