Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Your Favorite Concert

Just curious re singers/musicians/bands: What/when/ who is the best concert you've seen? And why?

vCash
    Barenaked Ladies. Because they are good showmen and I love Steve (the chubby one.)
    What would Jenny do?

vCash
    The Deadmilk Men. A special place in my heart for a special time of being a teen.

vCash
    All of the Bruce Springsteen & the E Street band concerts I went to. Bruce and the Big Man were such showmen - the energy level was incredible. And the concerts lasted for hours. I don't think I could bear to go to one now - I'd miss the Bruce/Clarence bromance.

Beach Bum
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pollyanna View Post
    All of the Bruce Springsteen & the E Street band concerts I went to. Bruce and the Big Man were such showmen - the energy level was incredible. And the concerts lasted for hours. I don't think I could bear to go to one now - I'd miss the Bruce/Clarence bromance.
    I second that emotion. I am going to Bruce again this Friday night!!! Second time this year. Woohoo. It is very emotional without Clarence -- he pays appropriate tribute and it brings a tear to the eye.

Also love U2, Rolling Stones. Loved Talking Heads in concert back in the day.
    Last edited by Rob; 09-10-2012 at 07:25 PM.
    I think I will have a snack and take a nap before I eat and go to sleep.

From the Bloc
    vCash
    Bruce just gets better and better IMO - I've seen him live perhaps a dozen times in the last thirty years, most recently last month. The energy is incredible, and yes Clarence is missed, but his nephew is now the featured sax player, plus on this tour there's a whole horn section, back up singers plus the violinist who has been on tour several years. Nils and Steven were in rare form, but Patti wasn't there (she skips some dates) - bottom line is it's Bruce's show, and he carries it.

Other recent memorable concerts - Bootsy Collins, still funking it up 50 years later, coming through the crowd to party with his fans; Rush, also better than ever with incredible live shows and music that continues to rock - HARD; Melissa Auf der Maur at a small club - the coolest chick in rock; Prince always a showman and always real; Jann Arden, songstress and comedian extraordinaire.

vCash
    I couldn't name a favorite, have loved so many, but thanks for the Bruce review of this show Jenny, Im seeing him again next month in Ottawa and was wondering about the show without Clarence.

Seeing Madonna Thursday. Also wondering how she's going to do now that she's, uhm, closer to my age now.

vCash
    I've only ever been to two real "rock concerts" in my life; both times - Paul McCartney!!!!

vCash
    Simon-Garfunkel reunion concert here - around 2005 or 2006. It was awesome.

vCash
    Keane and Elbow who played small venues in Boston and both stayed on stage for almost 2 hours . I whine a lot about Brit bands I like not being big in the US, but when I get to seem them up-close, it makes it all worth it .

vCash
    1969 Newport Folk Festival - the Everly Brothers (Wake Up Little Susie, etc.) with their father, Ike. Nonstop great songs and high, high energy; I've never forgotten it. This was the weekend Armstrong walked on the moon and Ted Kennedy had that infamous car accident, but it's the Everly Brothers I remember, and this is from someone who went to Woodstock later the same summer.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01 View Post
    Simon-Garfunkel reunion concert here - around 2005 or 2006. It was awesome.
    I saw them in 2004. Tied on my list with U2 last year.

vCash
    Motley Crue!
    Nubka - Unpaid Slave Laborer...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    I couldn't name a favorite, have loved so many, but thanks for the Bruce review of this show Jenny, Im seeing him again next month in Ottawa and was wondering about the show without Clarence.

Seeing Madonna Thursday. Also wondering how she's going to do now that she's, uhm, closer to my age now.
    I have been ill (well now) and was given Bruce/EStreet and Bruce/Seeger Sessions DVD's to watch and then watched a 1978 concert in Maryland on Youtube: Amazing--wish I was at every single one. That said my favorite concert was Bruce/EStreet in Kansas City in 1984. We had great seats and at one point looked all over the arena (including behind the stage) and everyone was up and moving.

vCash
    Nov. 6th, 1975 UCSB, Bruce and the E Street Band. Only song I knew was Born to Run, but that concert changed my life. He showed me what rock and roll could be and wrecked every concert I've seen since then because he set the bar so freaking high! If you've ever seen the video of the 1975 concerts in London, you have a good idea as to what I saw. Amazing.

Loving on babies!
    vCash
    Add me to the list of Bruce Springsteen concert fans. I can't imagine anyone performing more solidly, and being more worth the ticket price, no matter what it is. I've been to lots of other good, even great concerts; but no one holds a candle to the Boss.
    I am free of all prejudices. I hate everyone equally.~W. C. Fields

vCash
    Bruce Bruce Bruce.

Green Day were pretty awesome too.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe.

vCash
    Probably Josh Groban for my 17th birthday-his voice is so much better live than on recording (which is already incredible) and he's developed a great stage presence. Also, for one song he came into the audience and I totally close to him and

Barenaked Ladies were great, too! And I'll always remember my first concert, Blue Man Group...when I got banana in my hair. That was special, hah!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Norlite View Post
    Oh, lucky you. I've been watching utube clips of her MDNA tour from all over the world. She has amazing energy for any age. The NY crowd got a special treat last Saturday: She sang Holiday, which is not on the tour set list, for the crowd for standing in the rain during the concert.

A Madonna's concert is definitely on my bucket list. I think she has at least 2-3 more tours left in her before she gets to 60.

vCash

Prog-Rock alert!

Rush! The music, the so-professional musicianship! Also saw Emerson, Lake & Palmer twice, great instrumentation by Carl & Keef. Saw 'The Guess Who' (they couldn't call themselves that, as the bass player had the rights to the name, so they called themselves the 'Cummings & Bachman Band'), where you got treated to two genres of great hits, The Guess Who & Bachman-Turner Overdrive. With three bros, one sister-in-law and one nephew, went to see Zappa Plays Zappa!( Pappa would have been proud). Also saw a tail end of Ringo & His All Starr tour (Starr had to bow out when his daughter became ill, so Mark Farner, Billy Preston, Randy Bachman & Felix from The Rascals carried on for several cities in his abcense). Met Billy & Randy backstage, where I told Billy a politically incorrect joke:"Why doesn't Ray Charles ever sky-dive?" "? Don't know". "Scares the hell out of his dog!", and he has this most guilty smirk in response.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast