Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Here is his practice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga9nhJyDkyo
    I stayed up late just to watch his practice. The streaming was bad when it came to men's .. slow motion effect. Nevertheless, happy to see that he had a good practice. Now I need cups of strong coffee to keep me awake at work.
    I confess I haven't seen anything of Patrick's programs yet. After hearing about the JO I avoided it like the plague and I'm pretending the season hasn't started for him yet, hope he can do the same.The program looks lovely, he looked unhappy but maybe it's just a moment and means nothing. I can't wait to see him this weekend and I hope he skates almost perfect (almost because it's too early to be perfect) and I hope he enjoys himself more that anything. I'm really getting tired of the Patrick bashing, it's brutal and I hope he doesn't read it, at least not the worst of it anyway.

vCash
    Can we have the title change from "Road" to Sochi to "Roar" to Sochi?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by naan View Post
    Just watched Patrick's SP practice. He looked nervous at the beginning, but everything was great except 2A.
    He did 4T, 2A, and 3Lz-3T. His jumps looked fine! I like EX program more, but it's a good program and suits him well.
    Go Patrick!
    I also much prefer the EX program than this. I don't recognize much that it's from the EX. There are several moves I love in the EX are not here anymore and I find the EX shows off his SS more than this one. So kind of disappointed.

vCash
    Yesterday's practice sessions were awesome. I thought Patrick looked fantastic in the morning session, and as you've all seen, his run through of the SP was almost perfect. The later session he ran through the LP, and he did land the quad-triple right off the top, but fell on the second one. Still, he is one of the only guys going out there on practice and doing full run throughs, not skating through jumps or only performing certain sections of the music. I have a much better feeling about his state of preparedness for this competition after watching him practice yesterday. The jumps are there. He looks focused. The crowd was nuts because they brought in groups of school kids all day, and at one point when Patrick was trying to perfect his triple/triple they were chanting "Patrick Patrick Patrick" very loudly. He ignored until he got it just perfect, the way he wanted it, and then he gave them a smile and a wave.

Go Patrick! Can't wait for tonight.

vCash
    OMG, I wish I could have been there. I, so, want to see him back......and awsome. I know it's too much to ask for a clean skate for so early in the year, but I hope he can get through it all without so many. He sounds like he is focused and that's good to hear . I"m such a disgusting fan, right?
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks luckiest1. I wish I was there with you all cheering him and the others on. I could only cheer in front of my computer. Like you Clarie, I don't think it'll totally clean but hope he does much much better than in JO. Continue posting your thoughts, luckiest1. Enjoy. (Good night for now over my end.)
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    He looked good again this morning and I love the SP outfit! I hope he can stay on his feet tonight...not expecting perfection this early in the season, just a decent skate.

vCash
    Good morning luckiest1. I got up on time (but earlier than normal) and caught the last 3 ladies skate. Waiting for the men's comp to start in a few hours time.
    Happy to hear Patrick has a decent morning practice and I am looking forward to a decent skate from him too. Cool calm nerves are needed to be a Patrick fan.

vCash
    Well, he pretty much stayed on his feet. It's a shame about the axel because he has been landing the majority of them in practice, with the odd hand down. I think he'll nail the quad tonight, because he really hasn't been struggling with it much that I have seen this weekend. Other than the jumps, I love the program! It really is gorgeous. I think Jeff should choreograph for him every year.

vCash
    Thanks, luckiest1. Hope Patrick will have a better skate today.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Well, he pretty much stayed on his feet. It's a shame about the axel because he has been landing the majority of them in practice, with the odd hand down. I think he'll nail the quad tonight, because he really hasn't been struggling with it much that I have seen this weekend. Other than the jumps, I love the program! It really is gorgeous. I think Jeff should choreograph for him every year.
    Patrick's SP skate was actually a relief for me because I was expecting the worst from him yesterday. His 3Lz with the preceding steps was gorgeous. He will be fine, things will come together for him little by little, I am sure of that. Thanks for your reports from the practice sessions.

vCash
    Patrick had an amazing warmup so I was a bit surprised, but he did ok, it's early. I like the SP myself, it's nice. I have a feeling he'll do really well today but we should be use to this drama by now He's a slow starter and that's ok.

vCash
    Practice this afternoon was very solid - quads were working great, saw a couple of beautiful 3 axels, absolutely no falls on anything whatsoever. My fingers are crossed for a good skate tonight!

vCash
    Well it was definitely better than the Japan Open. Hopefully he continues to improve as the season goes on. I can't help but feel a little disappointed though?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    Patrick had an amazing warmup so I was a bit surprised, but he did ok, it's early. I like the SP myself, it's nice. I have a feeling he'll do really well today but we should be use to this drama by now He's a slow starter and that's ok.
    That's true, sequins, and also all the bashings. I am happy with his skate today. It's an improvement over JO. But still nervous about this TES. Hope he re-looks his plan and re-tweaks whatever needs to be re-tweaked. It's not too late. I am beginning to love La Boheme and hope to see it in perfection this season.

vCash
    That's true, sequins, and also all the bashings. I am happy with his skate today. It's an improvement over JO. But still nervous about this TES. Hope he re-looks his plan and re-tweaks whatever needs to be re-tweaked. It's not too late. I am beginning to love La Boheme and hope to see it in perfection this season.
    agree. I feel like he has continued the artistic growth we saw this summer, and i am happy he skated better here than at the Japan Open. I love both programs and look forward to seeing them develop as the season progresses. Congrats, patrick!

I am thrilled for Javi! So nice to see him skate so well and score his first major international title. Lovely free program. Congrats to him and Nobu! Another beautiful free program!

vCash
    I am beginning to love La Boheme and hope to see it in perfection this season.
    My first time seeing it I love it and can't wait to see what it can become.

Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    agree. I feel like he has continued the artistic growth we saw this summer, and i am happy he skated better here than at the Japan Open. I love both programs and look forward to seeing them develop as the season progresses. Congrats, patrick!

I am thrilled for Javi! So nice to see him skate so well and score his first major international title. Lovely free program. Congrats to him and Nobu! Another beautiful free program!
    I 'm thrilled for Javi and Nobu especially as well. Patrick was okay he had a couple mistakes but it was good. But damn it all Rod Black shut up. '4 falls, Japan Open, oh no' every friggin' 5 seconds. He drives my nerves at times. Patty did fine stop it, really. I'd truly be concerned if everyone was perfect this early it's never a good sign. Mistakes are expected so I really wish Rod would stop the dramatics . Sorry for the rant but I feel better.

vCash
    I haven't watched the CTV coverage yet, I just saw it live.....I don't know what to say except he looks so good in practice, and then when he gets on the competitive ice, it's almost like he is doubting himself. I am glad he held onto 2nd tonight. I am very happy for Javier but I just feel so bad for Patrick. I hope he can figure out what's missing and make the changes he needs to get back on track. I love the new programs and can't wait to see them progress this season. I have tickets to Canadians and Worlds since they are both in Ontario.

vCash
    Thank you so much, luckiest1. Your practice reports had kept me encouraging and convinced me, like in JO, that he hasn't lost his jumps. (I'm not good at making a comment during the progress of competition. I'm afraid my comment would jinx my most favorite skater.)

Too bad he has not succeeded 3A in competitions after he parted ways with Christy. But I won't discuss about it right now because there has been too much voices from all around the world saying "He needs technical coach" and apparently that mood has reflect negatively on mental condition of Patrick.

That been said, I'm deeply impressed by his LP today.
    Somehow I knew he couldn't skate without mistakes but he just held out. I'm happy to see his smile during and after the performance.

Patrick is on the road to finding his own style of artistry. I can't wait to see his artistry grow and flourish.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I haven't watched the CTV coverage yet, I just saw it live.....I don't know what to say except he looks so good in practice, and then when he gets on the competitive ice, it's almost like he is doubting himself. I am glad he held onto 2nd tonight. I am very happy for Javier but I just feel so bad for Patrick. I hope he can figure out what's missing and make the changes he needs to get back on track. I love the new programs and can't wait to see them progress this season. I have tickets to Canadians and Worlds since they are both in Ontario.
    Seeing him skate live in a competition just drove home how beautiful he is on the ice. He glides so effortlessly!

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast