Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1006
  1. #961
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    I like his spirit though he is a big threat for Patrick. I hope this opportunity will inspire Patrick too.


    I love Yuzuru's skating and his double duel on the ice with Patrick will most likely be the highlight of the Grand Prix series for me.

  2. #962

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Bringing Patrick's vids and pictures from all over the threads here:

    1) In Taiwan with Joannie, Alissa, Geoffrey and Kurt.
    2) In Taiwan with Tess, Kurt, Joannie and Alissa.
    3) With Tess, Natalie & Fabian - Hmmm... maybe a shopping centre in Taiwan?
    4) Funny posing with Wier & Fabian.
    5) Meet Telly - show in Taiwan You have to click forward or backward to look for the programs skated by Patrick.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  3. #963

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2477
    Thanks for posting Spiky........were you there?
    Addicted to FSU

  4. #964
    Crazy Stalker Lady
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Busy stalking the world.
    Posts
    3,832
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    21575
    Hey spiky, thanks for all the pictures and vids
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

  5. #965
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Bringing Patrick's vids and pictures from all over the threads here:

    1) In Taiwan with Joannie, Alissa, Geoffrey and Kurt.
    2) In Taiwan with Tess, Kurt, Joannie and Alissa.
    3) With Tess, Natalie & Fabian - Hmmm... maybe a shopping centre in Taiwan?
    4) Funny posing with Wier & Fabian.
    5) Meet Telly - show in Taiwan You have to click forward or backward to look for the programs skated by Patrick.
    Thank you, spikydurian.

    Seems like Patrick learned a new dance style in Taipei. It's a very entertaining number (Finale?), I wanted to dance along with the cast.


    http://telly.com/SGIPAM

    Is it me or Kurt's 'hair' caught on fire in his Honey program?

    This landscape behind Patrick can't be real, he must have landed in the middle of a fairy-tale.

    http://instagram.com/p/aVGRe3R17V/#

    With Han Yan.

    http://oi42.tinypic.com/98h6c3.jpg
    Last edited by VarBar; 06-10-2013 at 11:09 AM.

  6. #966
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks, Spiky.

  7. #967

    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    In Canuck Land, hey!
    Age
    56
    Posts
    3,782
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    WOW, Patrick seemed to be actually MOVING and GROOVING to the music! Looked like he was having a lot of fun as well.
    Crazy about sports!

  8. #968

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    This landscape behind Patrick can't be real, he must have landed in the middle of a fairy-tale.http://instagram.com/p/aVGRe3R17V/#
    Interesting garden! His clothes look 'out of place' with that background. Maybe something like this may be more appropriate. (just kidding).

    Quote Originally Posted by clarie
    Thanks for posting Spiky........were you there?
    No clarie, unfortunately I don't live any where near Taiwan or China.

    Interesting that Artistry on Ice is held only in Taiwan and China. Why was Hong Kong left out? No proper ice skating rink there? Wish Amway/Artistry can bring Artistry on Ice to Australia! They have an office in Sydney.

    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorDeb
    WOW, Patrick seemed to be actually MOVING and GROOVING to the music! Looked like he was having a lot of fun as well.
    Oh yeah, profdeb. Patrick clearly has learnt to groove and shake more! Though I still cannot imagine him as the nightclub going type.

    Here's another vid from the Taipei show- opening with Patrick in the cast.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  9. #969

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Patrick's with Yao Ming. Holy moly... I didn't realise Yao Ming is sooo tall until he stood beside Patrick! Apparently, Yao Ming's 2.29 m or 7ft 6 inches, and Patrick is 1.73 m or 5 ft 8 inches.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  10. #970
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    382
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for all the pictures, Spikey.

  11. #971

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    269
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you so much for pics and vids.
    I'm glad to see Patrick has been enjoying the shows.

    I got my ticket for Skate Canada yesterday. I try to keep my expectations realistic because Patrick has never been in his best condition at Skate Canada.(Actually bit afraid of seeing him competing against Hanyu). But I've always loved to see Patrick skate in Canada because he looks so happy standing among Canadian crowd and I can really feel how crowd loves Patrick as well, which makes me happy.
    I hope he'll make a leap forward from Skate Canada to Sochi.
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 06-15-2013 at 12:00 PM.

  12. #972
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,642
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Patrick's with Yao Ming. Holy moly... I didn't realise Yao Ming is sooo tall until he stood beside Patrick! Apparently, Yao Ming's 2.29 m or 7ft 6 inches, and Patrick is 1.73 m or 5 ft 8 inches.

  13. #973

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    2,446
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    2477
    Too bad Yao Ming isn't a former hockey star.......imagine him on BotB with skates on and a partner like Annabel Langois . Even his head is twice the size of Patrick's.
    Addicted to FSU

  14. #974
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Does it matter?
    Posts
    1,115
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Patrick's with Yao Ming. Holy moly... I didn't realise Yao Ming is sooo tall until he stood beside Patrick! Apparently, Yao Ming's 2.29 m or 7ft 6 inches, and Patrick is 1.73 m or 5 ft 8 inches.
    Yao Ming is one guy I sure wouldn't want to infuriate because I feel I can't possibly win with him. I think I first saw Ming in this picture which was taken last year.

    http://ww2.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/8645c1...u1pjerol1j.jpg

    I'm afraid Kurt would never make a great basketball player either.

    http://kurtfiles.com/images/KBAsia20...visitor_sm.jpg

    Exploring.

    http://kurtfiles.com/images/KBAsia2013/exploring_sm.jpg

    Shanghai by night.

    http://distilleryimage4.s3.amazonaws...0a1cbc97_7.jpg

    Press conference.

    Click to enlarge.

    http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/large/696f8eb0...20gj692kjl.jpg

    More from the press conference and a declaration of love.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMzrBHQCYAAtEhi.jpg:large

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BMzqr8YCEAAiHKA.jpg:large

  15. #975

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    269
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you so much VarBar.

    It's nice to see Patrick and Johnny getting chummy. (I think they have performed together 2, 3 times at ice shows including the Artistry on Ice last year. But I haven't seen such friendly and genial pics like these.)

    I wonder what Patrick said at the press conference. I hope Patrick gives us a hint or comment on his new LP.

  16. #976

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    I got my ticket for Skate Canada yesterday. I try to keep my expectations realistic because Patrick has never been in his best condition at Skate Canada.(Actually bit afraid of seeing him competing against Hanyu). But I've always loved to see Patrick skate in Canada because he looks so happy standing among Canadian crowd and I can really feel how crowd loves Patrick as well, which makes me happy.
    ali_dorate, you are true blue figure skating fan. The world of figure skating needs more fans like you. Corianna has bought her tickets too so will you be joining her? Emdee,are you going for SC too? I vividly remember that you will be attending Nationals instead?

    I just hope Patrick will train hard and well and just skate his best. Competition is stiff and certainly Hanyu's one of the more competitive skater. Hanyu is just as talented as Patrick and he's young too. As VarBar pointed out earlier, interestingly, a few will be meeting twice at GP. I am also interested to see how the upcoming youngsters like Farris, Brown and Han Yan will fare against Hanyu since they are all upcoming skaters to watch. Of course, Hanyu is already among the top. Lots of catching for the other three youngsters.

    I hope Patrick gives us a hint or comment on his new LP.
    Me too. The only hint he has given is that it is one of his favourite music. Not very helpful isn't it? Wonder whether Wilson gave him a list of music to choose from or Patrick gave Wilson his music? He did say he liked Aranjuez so he may still go for a classical piece? Though I want him to do something different from Elegie ... something dramatic as Elegie is not.

    What are your opinions? Which Patrick's programs you all like best? I was first attracted to Exilados, love Aranjuez (music and choreo), amazed by his footwork sequence in Take Five and learning to love and appreciate Elegie more and more.

    Thanks VarBar for the pictures. Looks like the cast is having lots of fun besides performing. Kurt wrote about the lucky bracelet which Patrick bought. You can see it quite clearly here.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

  17. #977

    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Vancouver Canada
    Age
    55
    Posts
    12,532
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    5563
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    What are your opinions? Which Patrick's programs you all like best? I was first attracted to Exilados, love Aranjuez (music and choreo), amazed by his footwork sequence in Take Five and learning to love and appreciate Elegie more and more.
    This year's SP is my favourite, it's the closest Patrick has come to a signature piece IMO. I loved his Vivaldi because I love the music, and have liked any of his subsequent LPs as much. But Lambiel's Vivaldi is more memorable to me.

    I hope Patrick doesn't pick another tried and tested warhorse this season. And I hope he gets Buttle to choreograph his LP.

  18. #978
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    London, ON, Canada
    Posts
    1,156
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    I love Elegie as a short, but my favourite long is still Phantom. Thanks for all the pictures!

  19. #979
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    500
    Rep Power
    0
    No Spiky, not going to Skate Canada,unfortunately.

    Yes, Ali Dorate is definitely a true blue fan. Was a pleasure to meet her in London.

  20. #980

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    2,554
    vCash
    400
    Rep Power
    6051
    Quote Originally Posted by Japanfan View Post
    This year's SP is my favourite, it's the closest Patrick has come to a signature piece IMO. I loved his Vivaldi because I love the music, and have liked any of his subsequent LPs as much. But Lambiel's Vivaldi is more memorable to me.

    I hope Patrick doesn't pick another tried and tested warhorse this season. And I hope he gets Buttle to choreograph his LP.
    Japanfan, I guess it does help us to connect with the program if we like the music too. As far as I know, Wilson will choreography his LP and it's Patrick's favourite music! So we will just have to wait (patiently) for the announcement. Am wondering who will choreography his Ex?

    luckiest1, enjoy Skate America. Are you meeting up with any friends there?
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •