Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Skate Canada ‏@SkateCanada
    This photo taken at the @Cdnolympicteam media day has been approved by @pchiddy and @Kirsten_MT for Twitter!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKLcmL4CYAAzFL-.jpg:large

VANCOUVER, BC - MAY 13: Patrick Chan poses for a portrait during the Canadian Olympic Committee Portrait Shoot on May 13, 2013 in Vancouver, BC, Canada

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/168879110

You will get more pictures if you click on "More images like this."

RBC Canadian Open ‏@RBCCanadianOpen
    RT @rbc: Thanks @Pchiddy, @TheGolfCanada for support of @RMHC Canada as official charity partner of #RBCCanadianOpen

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BKzxXoRCUAAjNJa.jpg:large

http://postimg.org/image/7edh495dt/

http://postimg.org/image/adoz5448x/

This last one is from the SOI tour.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJ2jPC4CcAAgYH2.jpg:large

vCash
    Ooooh, thanks for all the pretty pictures! I'm hoping we get the Grand Prix announcements for rosters by next weekend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Ooooh, thanks for all the pretty pictures! I'm hoping we get the Grand Prix announcements for rosters by next weekend.
    I read that you are still deciding whether to watch Skate America? Will you be going for the Canadian Nationals, luckiest1?

I am dying to know what's Patrick's LP is though I suppose it is unlikely we will get to know until nearer to the start of the Grand Prix competition. Also wondering who will be doing Patrick's new EX? Buttle? Camerlengo? or ... someone we never thought about? Will Tu Ly teased us again with the costumes? I guess he will be designing a new costume for Elegie? Aw.. so many questions. ... will have to learn to be patient.

And thanks VarBar for the collection of Patrick's pictures. Always happy to Patrick's big big smile!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Recovering from the Olys
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    VANCOUVER, BC - MAY 13: Patrick Chan poses for a portrait during the Canadian Olympic Committee Portrait Shoot on May 13, 2013 in Vancouver, BC, Canada

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/ne...hoto/168879110
    Getty Images: Patrick Chan - Canadian Olympic Team Portraits (click to view all the thumbnails on one page)
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Yes, I am definitely going to Ottawa for Canadian Nationals in January. My quandry is whether to attend Skate America (a short two hour drive) or Skate Canada (an expensive flight to NB). I know no one expects Patrick to choose Skate America as his second Grand Prix, but I never say never. They are supposed to release the assignments on the same day that tickets go on sale.

ETA after looking at flights, I've decided I can't afford Skate Canada. I'll see who skates at Skate America and decide whether it's worth attending.
    Last edited by luckiest1; 05-29-2013 at 05:00 PM.

vCash
    With 2013 Skate America being held in Detroit, SA would be a most convenient destination for Patrick as his second GP but no, I don't expect him to choose the US Grand Prix. Also, I don't think Cup of Russia would be such a great choice for the North-American skaters who are the most likely to qualify for the GPF given that CoR will be the last GP in the series next season and the skaters would have to fly from Russia back to North-America I guess, and then fly off to Japan just one week later to compete in the Grand Prix Final.

vCash
    Yes, I am definitely going to Ottawa for Canadian Nationals in January. My quandry is whether to attend Skate America (a short two hour drive) or Skate Canada (an expensive flight to NB). I know no one expects Patrick to choose Skate America as his second Grand Prix, but I never say never. They are supposed to release the assignments on the same day that tickets go on sale.

ETA after looking at flights, I've decided I can't afford Skate Canada. I'll see who skates at Skate America and decide whether it's worth attending.
    Luckiest if you get to know when Nats tickets are out let me know. I will also PM you if I come to know.

vCash
    I'm also planning on going to Nats........Last chance perhaps to see Patrick compete (V/M as well)........probably go later in the week or on the weekend. I'll be watching to see when tickets are for sale as well.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    With 2013 Skate America being held in Detroit, SA would be a most convenient destination for Patrick as his second GP but no, I don't expect him to choose the US Grand Prix. Also, I don't think Cup of Russia would be such a great choice for the North-American skaters who are the most likely to qualify for the GPF given that CoR will be the last GP in the series next season and the skaters would have to fly from Russia back to North-America I guess, and then fly off to Japan just one week later to compete in the Grand Prix Final.
    Sounds logical, and he has always skated in TEB except last year. Did COR pick Patrick or Patrick picked COR? (Sorry, I am not sure how the selection system works). If he does pick SA, it's probably there's no travelling involved since he's training there now.

V&M is skating in Skate America this year, aren't they?

vCash
    We'll find out Monday, but I can't imagine that V&M and Patrick aren't doing Skate Canada - for Skate Canada's box office if nothing else. I also can't imagine V&M being placed up against D&W before the GPF. Kevin was at SA last year I think, but since he's now clearly our number 2, he might be at Skate Canada as well. I rather doubt if Javi will be there this year. We'll find out Monday. If Patrick does Cof R I'd be tempted. I've never been to Russia.

vCash
    1-2-3 at Worlds don't meet each other in the GP. 4-5-6 at Worlds don't meet each other in the GP. So, D&W and V&M or Patrick and Javi or V&T and S&S or Yu Na and Mao, etc. won't compete against each other in the GP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    1-2-3 at Worlds don't meet each other in the GP. 4-5-6 at Worlds don't meet each other in the GP. So, D&W and V&M or Patrick and Javi or V&T and S&S or Yu Na and Mao, etc. won't compete against each other in the GP.
    This must be a new rule I haven't been aware of because Takahashi and Hanyu met at NHK last season although Daisuke was the silver medalist and Yuzuru the bronze medalist at 2012 Worlds. Likewise, the 2012 Worlds 4th place finisher Joubert and the 5th place finisher Amodio met each other at Eric Bompard last year, didn't they?

vCash
    Is it Monday yet?

vCash
    This must be a new rule I haven't been aware of because Takahashi and Hanyu met at NHK last season although Daisuke was the silver medalist and Yuzuru the bronze medalist at 2012 Worlds. Likewise, the 2012 Worlds 4th place finisher Joubert and the 5th place finisher Amodio met each other at Eric Bompard last year, didn't they?
    Likely these were because most skaters pic and host pics were involved.

vCash
    Is it Monday yet?
    Everyone is excited indeed including myself even though I am only watching on a rectangle screen from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriana
    If Patrick does Cof R I'd be tempted. I've never been to Russia.
    Good idea to combine sightseeing with a touch of sport. How long is the flight from Canada/Toronto to Russia/Moscow? Looks like we will have to wait to check out the second picks of Patrick and V&M. Yeah, last season to watch them both skate.

vCash
    Ok, so picks are up and Patrick chose TEB for his second. Ah well. I think I may still take in Skate America, as Daisuke is skating there and it's so close to home.

vCash
    I've just booked for Skate Canada. Who else is coming? Sorry you aren't, Luckiest 1. I'm tempted by Detroit as well, but have to hold off on that for now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Sounds logical, and he has always skated in TEB except last year. Did COR pick Patrick or Patrick picked COR? (Sorry, I am not sure how the selection system works). If he does pick SA, it's probably there's no travelling involved since he's training there now.
    Patrick skated at Cup of Russia in 2010 as well and placed 2nd behind Verner there. He was also assigned to CoR in 2009 but had to withdraw due to illness/injury if I am not mistaken. Maybe some people would have wanted Chan and Virtue/Moir to go to Cup of Russia again like they did last season considering that the Olympics are held in Russia but I honestly don't think that the judges who will be judging in Sochi would be inclined to give any extra points at the OG to the skaters who will be competing at CoR this coming season. lol TEB is a very wise choice for them in my opinion for the reasons I mentioned earlier and would SC have been able to get TEB for Kaetlyn Osmond too, all the national champions of Canada would have gone to the same two Grand Prix.

Coincidentally (or not), Chan, Brezina, Hanyu and Miner will meet each other in both of their Grand Prix events next fall.

Chan/Nan Song/Brezina was the TEB podium in 2011. Chan, Nan Song and Brezina are three of the TEB competitors in 2013 as well. lol

vCash
    Last season was an exceptional case. Usually Skaters/couples who have placed 1 – 3 at Worlds don't meet each other as mahn said (same rule applied to 3-6) . That's why they are called "Seeded Skaters/Couples" in GPS assignment.
    So last year I was surprised to see Daisuke and Yuzuru were allotted at NHK. I think host wanted both skaters because, while Daisuke was the reigning national champion in that season, Sendai is Yuzuru's home town affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake. So they made a "trade" with French skaters.

This GPS must be tough for Patrick cause he'll meet Yuzuru twice.
    Yuzuru reportedly made the following comment about meeting Patrick twice after the release of the assignment yesterday.
    "I'm happy because he inspires me a lot. This gives me the best chance ever. By competing against I expect to find what's missing in me".

I like his spirit though he is a big threat for Patrick. I hope this opportunity will inspire Patrick too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post

This GPS must be tough for Patrick cause he'll meet Yuzuru twice.
    Yuzuru reportedly made the following comment about meeting Patrick twice after the release of the assignment yesterday.
    "I'm happy because he inspires me a lot. This gives me the best chance ever. By competing against I expect to find what's missing in me".

I like his spirit though he is a big threat for Patrick. I hope this opportunity will inspire Patrick too.
    I love this!

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast