Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

vCash
    Check out the opening number fan vid on the V/M thread....skaters were coming out of nowhere, and it was very slick and so entertaining.....I was so overwhelmed, I didnn't know where to look first . I loved the song "Somebody that I Used to Know" by Gotye
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Thanks for the detailed reports! I look forward to seeing SOI on Sunday but I haven't watched any video at all, I want to be surprised. I don't have on-ice seats but I do have the first row of the grandstand. I am taking my daughter as it's her birthday. The ticket was originally intended for my mom but she has a prior commitment.

I have to agree I am limiting my FSU reading to this thread and the CSOI thread lately. I haven't even read the Dimanno article. I just can't handle all the hate. I love Patrick and always give him the benefit of the doubt if he is misquoted, or his words are taken out of context, or he just is blunt and honest and it comes out wrong. He's young and sometimes impulsive but generally I get where he is coming from. It sounds like in this latest case, he said what a lot of other skaters wouldn't dare to say (but they feel it).

vCash
    clarie, when I saw the link posted on V/M thread, I went to look at it. I love the song so it's good to see it's being used for the opening. Can you tell us which one is Patrick as it is really difficult to tell?

vCash
    Looking forward to seeing Virtue moir and Patrick tomorrow and of course the others.
    I will be wearing my Virtue Moir shirt from worlds so hope to get a close encounter with them!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Poor Kurt. He'll probably feel old. Let's call him big brother to those kids instead.
    Oh I actually meant it as a compliment to Kurt, he is one of the fathers of ice shows in North-America and around the world, those kids have a lot to learn from him in terms of showmanship and how to play with the crowds. Besides, men aren't usually as sensitive as women are on the topic of age. lol

It's amazing that he can still skate so well at his age, and he certainly doesn't look 46 (ok..except his hair).
    With so many young men choosing to shave their heads, I would rather say that Kurt is just following the trend.

vCash
    Does anyone know where/when they are actually filming for Television? I remember going to SOI in Toronto years ago and they were film there, and anyone who missed a jump got to go out and do it again......they also asked the audience to stay and watch
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    http://www.thewhig.com/2013/04/24/stars-on-ice-shine ...............Article and pics from Kingston CSOI
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Does anyone know where/when they are actually filming for Television? I remember going to SOI in Toronto years ago and they were film there, and anyone who missed a jump got to go out and do it again......they also asked the audience to stay and watch
    In the past few years, It's been Hamilton and I believe that to be the case this year. So that means tonight!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I have to agree I am limiting my FSU reading to this thread and the CSOI thread lately. I haven't even read the Dimanno article. I just can't handle all the hate. I love Patrick and always give him the benefit of the doubt if he is misquoted, or his words are taken out of context, or he just is blunt and honest and it comes out wrong. He's young and sometimes impulsive but generally I get where he is coming from. It sounds like in this latest case, he said what a lot of other skaters wouldn't dare to say (but they feel it).
    luckiest1, VarBar, in aother thread, talked about how Patrick never come across badly in visual interview because we hear what was being asked and answered. Whereas in print interviews, we don't know what was being asked or posed to Patrick. We know Patrick is honest and frank by nature and unfortunately, that may hurt him because sometimes these journalists may purposely quote him out of context. It is so easy to do so even with the haterz. I remembered after the LP in Nice, the camera caught Patrick telling Krall that 'he has done enough' to win. Lo and behold.. the haterz chose to interpret that as 'he was so arrogant to think that he had won'. That's truly a purposeful misinterpretation or twisting of words.

Quote Originally Posted by claire
    I loved the song "Somebody that I Used to Know" by Gotye
    Yes, I love it too claire and fscric. The music is kind of quirky and it goes very well with the costumes and choreography. Hail to Jeff and Renee.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Oh I actually meant it as a compliment to Kurt, he is one of the fathers of ice shows in North-America and around the world, those kids have a lot to learn from him in terms of showmanship and how to play with the crowds. Besides, men aren't usually as sensitive as women are on the topic of age. lol
    I was kidding VarBar. I don't think Kurt is sensitive regarding his hair. In fact, he loves to laugh at himself and I truly like him for that. And yes, men are different ..didn't they say Men are from Mars and Women from Venus? And at 46, Kurt can literally be a father to some of them. It is good to know that as he's slowly bowing out of skating, there is this incredible talented young man in Buttle to take over. Way to go SOI.

Found this pix of Patrick and Joannie signing autographs. Eh Emdee, clairie, BKfan, scrufflet, Corianna, thanks again for all the reports and comments.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    luckiest1, VarBar, in aother thread, talked about how Patrick never come across badly in visual interview because we hear what was being asked and answered. Whereas in print interviews, we don't know what was being asked or posed to Patrick. We know Patrick is honest and frank by nature and unfortunately, that may hurt him because sometimes these journalists may purposely quote him out of context. It is so easy to do so even with the haterz. I remembered after the LP in Nice, the camera caught Patrick telling Krall that 'he has done enough' to win. Lo and behold.. the haterz chose to interpret that as 'he was so arrogant to think that he had won'. That's truly a purposeful misinterpretation or twisting of words.

Yes, I love it too claire and fscric. The music is kind of quirky and it goes very well with the costumes and choreography. Hail to Jeff and Renee.

I was kidding VarBar. I don't think Kurt is sensitive regarding his hair. In fact, he loves to laugh at himself and I truly like him for that. And yes, men are different ..didn't they say Men are from Mars and Women from Venus? And at 46, Kurt can literally be a father to some of them. It is good to know that as he's slowly bowing out of skating, there is this incredible talented young man in Buttle to take over. Way to go SOI.

Found this pix of Patrick and Joannie signing autographs. Eh Emdee, clairie, BKfan, scrufflet, Corianna, thanks again for all the reports and comments.
    Wish you'd been here to join in on the fun! Why on earth are you in Australia anyway?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    clarie, when I saw the link posted on V/M thread, I went to look at it. I love the song so it's good to see it's being used for the opening. Can you tell us which one is Patrick as it is really difficult to tell?
    I don't think Patrick is in that Opening video. I recognized Browning, Buttle, Scott Moir, Eric Radford, John Kerr and I am pretty sure the man with an umbrella doing a cantilever is Shawn Sawyer.

From the Kerrs.

The show has come together really fast and I think it helped that we, Kurt, Jeff, Shawn and Joannie already knew pretty much what we were doing (the 3 big group numbers are pretty complicated!) from the US tour. It didn't help the process that the luggage of Eric, Meghan and Patrick went missing after arriving from World team trophy in Tokyo! So for the first day of practice, Meghan had to work without skates and Patrick wore John's for a session - complete with dance blades! It says a lot about the guy that he could still pull out a double axel on them!
    http://www.sineadandjohn.com/

From Ashley Wagner.

Eric, Meagan, Patrick and I were all coming straight from The World Team Trophy event in Japan, and were battling some serious jet lag the first couple of days. The show has a lot of complicated steps, including some very awkwardly-timed and syncopated steps that look incredible, so most of us fighting jet lag felt like penguins waddling after the ever-flawless Jeff Buttle as he was teaching us.
    http://starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5055

http://instagram.com/p/YlTagpvnoy/#

Good to know they are going to televise the show.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure Patrick wasn't in that opening number either as his first solo was right after that. Also, while they were all rehearsing for this, Patrick was in Japan at the WTC.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Yes, Patrick was not in the opening number.
    Iggie on the VM thread went for the meet and greet and said that even after others had left Patrick stayed on the ice and kept practicing his dollar routine.

Mannish boy has really grown and I even enjoyed the Dollar routine.
    Patrick did a perfect spin in front of me ...like 4 feet away . His speed is unmatched.
    Last edited by Emdee; 04-29-2013 at 01:06 PM.

vCash
    I loved Stars on Ice last night in London. Totally loved every minute! The opening number was superb, even with no Patrick in it, but I knew he was up first so that was ok. Fantastic costuming and choreography. My daughter, who is a casual fan at this point, was also impressed. And then Patrick's dollar number, which was very well done except at the end he couldn't for the life of him do the trick where he flicks the hat up with his blade and catches it. I think it took 6 tries, right through and after his bows, until he finally did it, but he was determined not to leave the ice until he did! LOL The crowd gave him good applause, and he was very appreciative. Our seats were not on ice, but they were first row centre ice and they were fantastic. So so close.

I have been waiting so long for Patrick to join this cast, every year purchasing my tickets and hoping that he'd be announced, so I was in 7th heaven for the group numbers with him included. I have always felt he belonged here, and I think finally he is getting the accolades from the Canadian audiences that he deserves. Mannish Boy was amazing, he was so on and smiling and flirting and the audience was eating it up. I can't explain how happy that makes me for him. I had a friend who is new to skating in attendance, although she wasn't sitting with me, she lucked into an on ice seat with a friend of mine. After the performance she said to me "if I wasn't already married I'd be going after him, he's so sexy". She is 25. That also made me very happy.

Other highlights for me were Shawn Sawyer, Virtue & Moir (of course!), Kurt (who at 46 amazes me), and Meghan and Eric. I wish they had 2 programs but I loved the one they did. I am sorry my mom was not able to attend this with me to see Singing In The Rain performed live. She would have loved it. At the end, Patrick came right over in front of us to shake hands with a little girl, so while we didn't get a high five, not being on the ice, it was pretty damned close.

vCash
    Glad you enjoyed Luckiest1. Patrick has become quite the showman and this year alone was a HUGE improvement. He is in for a fantastic pro career if he wants it. His smile goes for miles
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Hello Luckiest One. I was thinking of you, as I briefly toyed with the idea of hopping up to London to see the show again. Yes, indeed, Patrick is turning into a showman. I thought he had improved even from the Christmas show in Stratford. He caught the cup on the first try here, but I'm always distracted by the hat in this program. I keep reminding myself to watch Patrick skate, but the hat grabs my attention. Oh, well... it's fun anyway. I loved Manish Boy. Shawn, almost, but not quite, made me like Carmina Burana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet
    Wish you'd been here to join in on the fun! Why on earth are you in Australia anyway?
    Need you rub salt into wound?

Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I loved Stars on Ice last night in London. Totally loved every minute! The opening number was superb, even with no Patrick in it, but I knew he was up first so that was ok. Fantastic costuming and choreography. My daughter, who is a casual fan at this point, was also impressed.
    luckiest1, I am looking forward to see the vid on the opening number. So many are raving about it. Glad that your daughter is also impressed and I am sure becoming a potential figure skating fan. Unfortunately, the three males in my family are unlikely to become a figure skating fan so I have to look for buddies ... here on FSU! Though on a brighter note, my younger fella went for fun/recreational ice skating for the first time(!) a few weeks ago with his mates. So maybe .. maybe .. he can be my buddy... someday....

Now I wonder who is this sweet little fan of Patrick.

Kerr tweeted a pix of Patrick .... looking silly.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Corianna,
    Spiky will be ROFL when we are -10 with windchill of -20!!

vCash
    I found these 2 fancam clips:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TnNcO6j1_8 - The hat number

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5zB-4You3A - Mannish Boy

vCash
    Need you rub salt into wound?

luckiest1, I am looking forward to see the vid on the opening number. So many are raving about it. Glad that your daughter is also impressed and I am sure becoming a potential figure skating fan. Unfortunately, the three males in my family are unlikely to become a figure skating fan so I have to look for buddies ... here on FSU! Though on a brighter note, my younger fella went for fun/recreational ice skating for the first time(!) a few weeks ago with his mates. So maybe .. maybe .. he can be my buddy... someday....

Now I wonder who is this sweet little fan of Patrick.

Kerr tweeted a pix of Patrick .... looking silly.
    Salt-free! Salt-free! If I ever win a lottery, I'm flying you to TO for a show!

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast