Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast

vCash
    I don't think he should worry about the haterz. Whatever he does, they gonna hate because they think that's the only way to make him disappear. I don't really care about the haterz. A Clarie said, they are idiots. I am more worried about his training. And yes Emdee, it's finding the right balance so as not injure oneself too. The Skate Canada member engagement indicated he's performing in 'Artistry on Ice". So ..it's really full on until June.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Patrick was just off tonight.
    I don't know how he was during the official practice this morning but his jumps were worse during the 6 minutes' warm-up. Every 4T attempt was popped. So I was surprised to see he landed 4T-3T at the beginning of the FS. This was first success I saw from him at this competition. But he just flamed out after that.

I don't see the vid (and I don't want to), so maybe I was wrong, but when I saw that ChSq, I felt like "Oh, he wants to finish this asap". I think he left the program before he entered the ChSq. That made me really sad.

Anyway I'm glad this long season is over now and he can enjoy rest of the event with his team mates.

Some questions for the next season.
    Will he continue to put 3A in the second half? It's too risky. I wonder why he hadn't changed this jump layout before the Worlds. It seems that the failure of this 3A had disturbed the rhythm of the rest of the program.

How do you guys think Patrick and David Wilson?
    When I first saw this program at JO (with 4 falls!), I thought it was beautiful program and it suited Patrick well. I expected this to be a masterpiece.
    So I don't understand why he couldn't do justice to this romantic program.
    Maybe Patrick and David's choreo don't meet?
    Who will choreograph his FS for Sochi?
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 04-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.

vCash
    Such good questions Ali_Dorate.
    I think Spiky and myself will have to resort to poetry again before we hear about things. Mind you being the olys season things may be advised before.
    interesting he is doing Artistry on Ice this year - he usually has done Yuna's shows.

Patrick will be with Buttle for all of CSOI and then in China as well. I wonder whether Buttle will do both programs for him. If so there will be plenty of time for them to develop the program for next year.
    Last edited by Emdee; 04-12-2013 at 03:28 PM.

vCash
    ali_dorate, thanks again for the post. Oh, so his warm up was not good at all. Anyway, I'm glad this season is over.

Last time when Patrick did the AoI show, he didn't do the Taiwan one, so I think maybe he only does the stops in China again. Hope he'll have some fun there.

vCash
    I read in the Artistry on Ice thread that Kurt, Buttle, Joanne & Patrick will be performing there. Looks like a strong Canadian cast.
    Oh yeah Emdee. We were so bored that we too refuge in poetry. It's fun and hilarious.

He does look completely off and exhausted after the second fall. I hope he gets a good rest before his show skating.

ali dorate, I also like La Boheme and would have loved to see him do justice to this program. Maybe, he should put his 3A back in front since it upset his rhythm. Don't know who will choreo his LP. I think there are only three choices: Wilson, Buttle and Lori (if he is still on good terms with Lori). I think Lori understand his habits and what he likes since they have worked together since the early days. They are all good choices. Patrick says he chose his own music so I wonder? We can now wait probably until September to find out his LP and choreo. I really hope he does the right thing this season. No more mucking around!

vCash
    I think he left the program before he entered the ChSq. That made me really sad.
    Yes, that was pretty disappointing for me too, I relived his 2012 Japan Open performance where he gave up on his program after a couple of falls and I thought it would never happen again and he would fight till the end for every jump, spin and step sequence. Speaking of which, Patrick used to struggle with his programs for like half of the season in the past but improve his overall consistency in the second half. This pattern seems to have changed this season where his skating looked as insecure towards the end as it did at the beginning.

How do you guys think Patrick and David Wilson?
    When I first saw this program at JO (with 4 falls!), I thought it was beautiful program and it suited Patrick well. I expected this to be a masterpiece.
    So I don't understand why he couldn't do justice to this romantic program.
    Maybe Patrick and David's choreo don't meet?
    Who will choreograph his FS for Sochi?
    Don't understand it either because Patrick said he loved his La Boheme program - unlike some of his previous programs - and it was a real joy for him to work with Wilson.

If most of Patrick's run-throughs to La Boheme were good and very good back home where he trains, I'd say there is no incompatibility between his skating style and the way David constructs his choreographies and we should try to find the explanation to why he was unable to do full justice to Puccini somewhere else.

All I know about Patrick's FS for next season is that he already picked the music - one of his favorite pieces - and the choice of the music is usually a joint decision of the skater and the choreographer.

vCash
    Ditto to all of that, especially thank god the season is over. I'll look forward to seeing him in SOI. Maybe I'll see you there, emdee.

vCash
    A few of us will be at CSOI I think.
    Scrufflet too.
    At Scrufflet's suggestion I am wearing my yellow V&M shirt!

vCash
    I hope Patrick will stay focused on his goal, no matter what haters can say.
    It's never easy when many people complain that you're not at the right place.
    Go Patrick !

vCash
    Today my seat was close to the K&C of Canadian team. So I enjoyed watching Patrick all day.

I'm relieved to have seen Patrick really enjoy this event today cheering, chatting, exchanging jokes, taking pictures with team mates and even dancing like crazy!
    I was so impressed that Patrick hugged tightly Max Aaron when they met. I can see Patrick has build a trusting relationship with him in Colorado Springs. So thank you Max!

At intermission I called to Patrick "Thank you for coming to Japan." He replayed me "Thank you" with his very best smile.
    And guess what.
    After the medal ceremony, when I said "Congratulations!" to him before he left the rink, he then came close to me and tossed me the bouquet he received at the ceremony!!
    The crowd around me rejoiced with me saying "Patrick is a nice guy!"

Words failed me. I don't remember whether I said thanks. So please let me say now.
    Thank you so much Patrick for the precious memories. I know this event was a big burden for you but I appreciate you trying to boost the event and to entertain us until the last moment. You are such a nice captain!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by briancoogaert View Post
    I hope Patrick will stay focused on his goal, no matter what haters can say.
    It's never easy when many people complain that you're not at the right place.
    Go Patrick !

There's probably as many people thinking Patrick is right where he belongs and I wish he could keep that in mind when he takes the ice to skate. He is such a magnificent skater.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Today my seat was close to the K&C of Canadian team. So I enjoyed watching Patrick all day.

I'm relieved to have seen Patrick really enjoy this event today cheering, chatting, exchanging jokes, taking pictures with team mates and even dancing like crazy!
    I was so impressed that Patrick hugged tightly Max Aaron when they met. I can see Patrick has build a trusting relationship with him in Colorado Springs. So thank you Max!

At intermission I called to Patrick "Thank you for coming to Japan." He replayed me "Thank you" with his very best smile.
    And guess what.
    After the medal ceremony, when I said "Congratulations!" to him before he left the rink, he then came close to me and tossed me the bouquet he received at the ceremony!!

Words failed me. I don't remember whether I said thanks. So please let me say now.
    Thank you so much Patrick for the precious memories. I know this event was a big burden for you but I appreciate you trying to boost the event and to entertain us until the last moment. You are such a nice captain!
    Oh ali dorate. Thank you for your report on WTT. You are soooo sweet and kind. Guess what too? I actually teared up a bit reading your post. I think Patrick is very blessed to have people who truly cares even he has not met them. Perhaps he has sixth sense that you are a great fan and person. I think we all will get along fine, and I have been thinking about your suggestion regarding attending GPF in Japan. I have checked the estimated costs of the Brisbane-Fukuoka flights and hotel. Where is the figure skating center located in Fukuoka? Maybe better to stay close to the center? How much are the tickets? Hey folks.... wanna go to Japan to watch GPF? Ali-dorate, you may get a busload of us (luckiest1, Corianna, PCFan, Emdee etc etc) going.

vCash
    Arg I'm still mad and want to vent on Phil Hersh's tweet after mens' FS. He's entitled to have his opinions but by adding @PChiddy in that tweet it's like Twitter's equivalent of going up to Patrick's face and mock that "you finally get what you deserved" when Patrick had no say in how he was being scored.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    He needs a new coach .........and fast!!!!
    I tend to agree.

With Christy Krall (+ Nichol + Johnson + Shipstad), he had a 13/15 success rate

With Kathy Johnson (+ Wilson + Buttle + Shipstad), he has 3/8 success rate.

vCash

And guess what.

A lovely story! Thanks!
    Planning on showing him the love in SOI Toronto!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Arg I'm still mad and want to vent on Phil Hersh's tweet after mens' FS. He's entitled to have his opinions but by adding @PChiddy in that tweet it's like Twitter's equivalent of going up to Patrick's face and mock that "you finally get what you deserved" when Patrick had no say in how he was being scored.
    Ignore him. You'll never convert a hater and it just saps your energy.

vCash
    Yes, I'd be up for the GPF in Japan probably.
    i'd love to hear the answers about location and cost of the tickets.

vCash
    I'm glad that you had such a great experience ali_dorate, and that Patrick was able to shake it off and enjoy himself. He seemed to have so much energy when training at altititude, so I'm hope he at least spends some time training back there again. I remain unshaken in my opinion that he does need a proper coach because I want to see him reach his potential and do well next year.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I am so happy for you ali_dorate! Thank you for all your reports. I wish I could afford to go to Japan but not at this point. I am lucky though that I might be able to go to Skate Canada and Canadian Championships next season. I do look forward to seeing all of the fans that I met at the Worlds, again one day!

vCash

And guess what.

Thank you ali_dorate for sharing. Nice to know he gets support in Japan. The crowd sounded so supportive during his freeskate. Glad you got the bouquet, that's so lovely.

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 ... LastLast