Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
    vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiLzxxWONec

I think it is funny video to watch from Worlds 2013 Men FP small medal ceremony

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Do you have the interview? I'd love to read it. That would be great, especially since he'll be at the same rink and I'm sure there's a mutual respect between them. Do you think he would? If he's keeping Elegy for his SP, maybe he'll feel more comfortable trying someone else for the long. I like La Boheme and David, but there was something about Aranjuez that I just loved, especially the last footwork section and the music really held me. I don't know if him and Lori will work together again for the rest of his competitive life, which is looking quite short now since the Oly's are just around the corner.
    Sad that some of my faves will be retiring from competition after this time
    The interview is in FSU .
    The main forum.

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Thanks fscric and emdee!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fscric View Post
    Here's the interview
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...32#post3882032
    He talked about Patrick in the last part.
    Here is an old interview with Camerlengo in 2011 where talked about Patrick's skating skills - the ability to gain speed out of difficult turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    What does everyone think of Camerlengo doing Patrick's FS next year? Being in Detroit he will be able to give him constant input and Camerlengo did say he would love to choreo for him in his recent interview. He also calls PC a dancer!
    I agree with VarBar, it is unlikely that Patrick's new LP will be choreographed by Camerlengo esp. leading up to Sochi season though it would be interesting to see what Camerlengo can create for Patrick. Takes time to get used to working with one another. Though maybe, Camerlengo can create an Ex for Patrick? Any guess as who will do Patrick's LP for Sochi? If Patrick did choose his own music, then it has to be a choreographer who is able to give him the space and a say in the choreography?
    No Coriana, Patrick didn't say that he will retire after Sochi. Just that I get the impression that he has other things he want to pursue besides figure skating. Hey, it will be interesting if he decides to stay on after Sochi. Big storm in FSU ... haters can't get rid of him.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by crosses9 View Post

I think it is funny video to watch from Worlds 2013 Men FP small medal ceremony
    Such a great video, especially near the end. They're all so cute with great smiles. And seriously, Javier is the funniest, omg, he made me smile lol.

vCash
    Patrick tweeted a picture of the Ambassador bridge yesterday, on his way back to Detroit to get ready for WTT: http://instagram.com/p/XSopzjx1xQ/

So they've announced Skate America will be held in Detroit in October. I wonder what the odds are that he will get that assignment? I was seriously thinking about flying to Skate Canada in NB but Detroit is so much closer.....

vCash
    Luckiest I dont think he will go to Skate America. As WC the choice is his.
    He will for sure take Skate Canada and then I think either COR or Eric Bompard. COR because of building a russian fan base and because he will be there again in Sochi and won his first worlds there. He has always done well in France right from his first year in seniors and I think his first GPwin was in France too.

vCash
    You may be right. I was just wondering if he DID decide to stay and train in Detroit, if it might be attractive to him. So I won't count on it and will buy my Skate Canada tickets when they go on sale.

vCash
    Since France was the place the fans rudely booed him, I would hope he'd go somewhere that they're respectful of athletes - like Japan or Russia.

vCash
    I'm sure he'll be at Skate Canada too. I'm thinking of going to St. John too. Shall we organise a party?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Since France was the place the fans rudely booed him, I would hope he'd go somewhere that they're respectful of athletes - like Japan or Russia.
    Yikes, yes, and with all due respect to the US, I cannot even imagine he would choose to go to Skate America given the recent outcry of american skaters and media.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    I'm sure he'll be at Skate Canada too. I'm thinking of going to St. John too. Shall we organise a party?
    I am going to nationals but not to Moncton.

Happy to meet at Nats if you like. Not sure if I will drive or fly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Luckiest I dont think he will go to Skate America. As WC the choice is his.
    He will for sure take Skate Canada and then I think either COR or Eric Bompard. COR because of building a russian fan base and because he will be there again in Sochi and won his first worlds there. He has always done well in France right from his first year in seniors and I think his first GPwin was in France too.
    Oh Emdee, does he get to choose his two GP assignments if he is WC? That's good. I concur with you. I don't think he'll skate in SA because past record indicated the only time he skated there was in 2007-2008 season. SA is too close to SC unless the urge not to fly or for some other reasons, are more important (assuming he stays to train in Detroit). Strategically, he may choose COR so that he can get acclimatised flying to Russia and its culture.

Emdee, I think I will send you a koala/platypus/kangaroo/Tassie Devil to throw on the rink .... good wishes from his fan from Oz! Gosh, I am surely missing all these fun you ladies are having. I wanted to ask but forgot, besides Emdee, who else threw a hat on the rink?

vCash
    My skating buddy and I did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kittysk8ts View Post
    Yikes, yes, and with all due respect to the US, I cannot even imagine he would choose to go to Skate America given the recent outcry of american skaters and media.
    This reminds me of Evan Lysacek telling a reporter (he was answering a question) some time after Vancouver that he would never want to skate in Russia because he knew he wouldn't be welcome there. He was most likely thinking of the bad publicity he had had in the Russian media for his win to Plushenko and maybe also hateful comments against him in social media from angry Plushenko fans. A few days later when I went to read some Russian figure skating boards, I bumped into several posts saying something like "Why did Lysacek say that? It's not true, he would be most welcome to skate here. Evan, we are waiting for you to come to Russia." See, there's always two facets of the coin.

I read in another thread Patrick would feel he is the skater everyone hates. Well, it seems that Chan always reads only the wrong comments about him, he is a beautiful skater with a lot of fans in many different countries who can't wait to see him skate falls or no falls. Preferably no falls, of course, and hopefully he will find a way next season to hold his competitive nerves in check.

Booing, outcry, it's all blown out of proportion, too much noise and loudness with too little scientific approach behind it IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Such a great video, especially near the end. They're all so cute with great smiles. And seriously, Javier is the funniest, omg, he made me smile lol.
    What did he say from 10:50 to 11:00 ?? I can't understand but it seems quite funny

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    My skating buddy and I did.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    YThis reminds me of Evan Lysacek telling a reporter (he was answering a question) some time after Vancouver that he would never want to skate in Russia because he knew he wouldn't be welcome there. He was most likely thinking of the bad publicity he had had in the Russian media for his win to Plushenko and maybe also hateful comments against him in social media from angry Plushenko fans. A few days later when I went to read some Russian figure skating boards, I bumped into several posts saying something like "Why did Lysacek say that? It's not true, he would be most welcome to skate here. Evan, we are waiting for you to come to Russia." See, there's always two facets of the coin.
    That's right. Sometimes all we need is a loud disturbing minority and that's enough to tar behavior of the decent majority.

Not sure whether this has been uploaded here .. I don't remember. Here's BT Vancouver: Jody Talks to Patrick

vCash
    Thanx for posting that "Spiky". I hadn't seen it before. I think he could bring a lot to up and coming young skaters. He certainly has the personal experience to go along with that kind of academic training. Then we would have a whole lot of little "Patricks" with superb skating skills
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I think he could bring a lot to up and coming young skaters. He certainly has the personal experience to go along with that kind of academic training. Then we would have a whole lot of little "Patricks" with superb skating skills
    I agree Clarie. Patrick said he wanted to do something for figure skating in Canada, and isn't assisting in improving the skating skills of children a way forward. The blossoming of a flower starts from the seedling. Coulson passed on his skills to his students like Wilson, Brian, Patrick and etc. and created a generation of skaters with good skating skills. This passing on of knowledge and skills must continue otherwise, it will create a big gap in future. Different coaches have contributed to Patrick's growth post Coulson and they too have taught him well in other areas.

Patrick has spoken about taking a business course in University but if he is thinking of passing his skills and training of the younger generation, I think a physio related course like physiotherapy, human movement etc. may be useful to him. Sports training are so high tech and holistic these days.

Happy Easter Holidays to all Patrick fans.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 03-29-2013 at 08:39 AM.

vCash
    Thanks for that clip, I hadn't seen it before.

Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast