Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Thanks for the link to the Gala videos, crosses9.

I think Patrick was PJ's pick for bronze, not silver like she said in the interview? PJ predicted 1. Fernandez 2. Hanyu 3. Chan if I remember correctly. Well, PJ really doesn't seem to be very good at predicting podiums, at least not so much the order on podiums, she should change crystal balls.

My personal preference would be for Lori to choreograph Chan's new LP for the Olympic season but he most likely will never go back to her and will continue with David Wilson.

Welcome to this thread from me too, SGrand.

vCash
    Thrilled to hear he plans to stay in Detroit and he plans to keep the short program. I find it mesmerizing. I look forward to finding out what the new LP music is.

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Thanks for the link to the Gala videos, crosses9.

I think Patrick was PJ's pick for bronze, not silver like she said in the interview? PJ predicted 1. Fernandez 2. Hanyu 3. Chan if I remember correctly. Well, PJ really doesn't seem to be very good at predicting podiums, at least not so much the order on podiums, she should change crystal balls.

My personal preference would be for Lori to choreograph Chan's new LP for the Olympic season but he most likely will never go back to her and will continue with David Wilson.

Welcome to this thread from me too, SGrand.
    Thanks so much VarBar!

vCash
    Thanks for posting the link, crosses9! That is a great interview. He's become much more articulate during the past two years.

Detroit does seem like a great place for him, for exactly the reasons that he lists. I think he'll do well there.

vCash
    I looooove La Boheme. I think La Boheme is very very difficult but the most beautiful program in this season. I hope that Patrick will work with David Wilson again... please...please...

vCash
    Do we have any indication of whether or not Patrick will participate in WTT? Or will they send Kevin Reynolds?

vCash
    There are 2 men. And IF I'm reading the ISU rules correctly, only Patrick and Kevin meet the criteria. But there may be a way out that I don't know about. It's very tight with SOI opening on the 19th. I hope he goes and aces the long programme. Really aces it. Did you send Spiky the pictures?

vCash
    I know it's useless, but what want to say to the Chanflation crowd is - Do you have eyes? Have you seen him live? No one comes close to his speed and flow. Whenever PAtrick skates, i keep wishing the rink were a little bigger.

vCash
    Corianna if Patrick is at the Margaret Garrison event I may go. I was able to sit on ice and see him only a few feet away. It was fabulous. I couldnt take my eyes off his feet.
    If you want to go we can give you a ride if we are going.

DD will send me the pics to send to Spiky. I will likely have her add it to my website as well.

Its been so busy since I returned we havent had a spare moment.

vCash
    What does everyone think of Camerlengo doing Patrick's FS next year? Being in Detroit he will be able to give him constant input and Camerlengo did say he would love to choreo for him in his recent interview. He also calls PC a dancer!

vCash
    I kind of love the idea, myself.

vCash
    What and where is the Margaret Garrison event?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    What and where is the Margaret Garrison event?
    Saturday, May 4 in Brampton - no skaters listed yet: http://www.skatecanada-centralontari...%20AMGACIS.htm

Patrick has SOI shows on May 3 (Saskatoon) and 5 (Calgary).
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    In that case he wont come to the event - I dont see him flying back for the day.
    Pity because he is marvellous in close quarters!

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    What does everyone think of Camerlengo doing Patrick's FS next year? Being in Detroit he will be able to give him constant input and Camerlengo did say he would love to choreo for him in his recent interview. He also calls PC a dancer!
    Do you have the interview? I'd love to read it. That would be great, especially since he'll be at the same rink and I'm sure there's a mutual respect between them. Do you think he would? If he's keeping Elegy for his SP, maybe he'll feel more comfortable trying someone else for the long. I like La Boheme and David, but there was something about Aranjuez that I just loved, especially the last footwork section and the music really held me. I don't know if him and Lori will work together again for the rest of his competitive life, which is looking quite short now since the Oly's are just around the corner.
    Sad that some of my faves will be retiring from competition after this time

vCash
    I also loved Aranjuez - it was mesmerizing. I prefer Lori's choreography too, but I wondered if the difficulty of it was part of the problem for his odd trip-ups. As for Patrick winning the competition, I guess it's easier to criticize him than for people to ask why no one other than Ten could step up and grab it. I don't even bother reading them. I'm beginning to wonder if Patrick's problem all along has been more physical than mental given that he went to Calgary see a trainer. Win or lose, I'd like to see him retire after two flawless performances.

vCash
    Coming from a former ice dancer who coaches/choreographs for ice dancers, this is a great compliment Camerlengo gives to Patrick.

I would normally embrace the idea of Pasquale choreographing a long program for Patrick but would Patrick be willing to challenge himself again and experiment again with a new choreographer for the Olympic season? Would it be wise of him to do that or should he perhaps be focusing on other things for the coming season?

I know it's useless, but what want to say to the Chanflation crowd is - Do you have eyes? Have you seen him live? No one comes close to his speed and flow. Whenever PAtrick skates, i keep wishing the rink were a little bigger

I am afraid it is useless indeed, Corianna.

vCash
    Has Patrick indicated anywhere that he is retiring after the Olympics? He has talked about wanting to win eight Canadian championships, and has repeatedly said he has more to give to the sport.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Has Patrick indicated anywhere that he is retiring after the Olympics? He has talked about wanting to win eight Canadian championships, and has repeatedly said he has more to give to the sport.
    I think everyone (me included) just assumes it because he mentioned that he thought of retiring after Vancouver, but I haven't heard anything definitive yet.
    Last edited by sequins; 03-22-2013 at 04:54 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SGrand View Post
    Do you have the interview? I'd love to read it. That would be great, especially since he'll be at the same rink and I'm sure there's a mutual respect between them. Do you think he would? If he's keeping Elegy for his SP, maybe he'll feel more comfortable trying someone else for the long. I like La Boheme and David, but there was something about Aranjuez that I just loved, especially the last footwork section and the music really held me. I don't know if him and Lori will work together again for the rest of his competitive life, which is looking quite short now since the Oly's are just around the corner.
    Sad that some of my faves will be retiring from competition after this time
    Here's the interview
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...32#post3882032

He talked about Patrick in the last part.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast