Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

vCash
    If he does go to Detroit - isn't that where Yuka and Jason are?
    pug lover

vCash
    This is the first time I've had a chance to log on since before the men's free. I have had a house full of guests all week. I honestly don't think Patrick's troubles with the jumps in the freeskate had anything to do with his technical training or lack of a technical coach. The guy was pretty much perfection in all his practices, and I never saw him fall on a triple axel all week. I think he just got too excited with those gorgeous quads at the beginning of the program and lost his focus. I am glad he was humble in his post-skate arena interview, and I felt very bad for him to feel the need to apologize to the crowd, but he won it fair and square under the rules of this system. Thank God for that beautiful short program!

I went to the gala practices yesterday morning and he came out on the ice with a vengeance, and started working again on his jumps, landing multiple quads, triple axels and his flip/toe sequence. And then the quad in the gala finale (under spotlights no less!) just rocked my world. Good for you Patrick! If he had fallen, he might have taken a few skaters down with him, as they were lined up on the ice. LOL Did they show the finale on CBC? I hope so. I have everything PVRed and am looking forward to reliving the entire event through the evenings this coming week. As it is, I'm exhausted but back at work and so, so happy that my town was able to host an amazing World Championship event. It was so great to be able to meet some of you! I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Hi there! First post on this thread, but have been reading it for some time heehee!
    I saw the gala but not the finale, my PVR must have cut it off! Damn! He did a quad? Nice! That's even better than the triple axel he did at last years world gala finale!
    Thanks for all of the reports!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by professordeb View Post
    No, what the Chan haterz want is for Chan to never win gold again -- unless he's absolutely perfect in both programs and skates like an ARTISTE!They want him to STFU when answering questions honestly cause you know, he needs show humility.

They want MORE deductions on every single category on every single time for every fall, turnout, mistake of any kind. BTW, this rule applies ONLY to him.
    to whole post. As far as skating like an ARTISTE, I've noticed that those who are said to skate like one are usually quite weak technicians of the jumps, especially the quad jumps, so I am not sure skating like an artiste pays off.
    But I can understand the anger on message boards and elsewhere because you don't want to see a skater winning with 2 falls to another one who skated cleanly even if it was not a perfect skate. Patrick should thank his lucky stars for taking the gold at this competition where the scores could have easily gone the other way too and where the other favorites of the judges all underperformed in both programs.

Don't know what was going on with Patrick on his second night, I thought I would see him oozing confidence when taking the ice for the free skate after a brilliant short program that had given him a comfortable lead over his competitors but instead of that I found him looking pretty nervous and a bit lost on the ice. Honestly, I was expecting him to mess his opening jump passes but when he landed those gorgeous quadruple jumps (probably the best I've ever seen), I thought he was however going to nail most of his other jumps - less the 3A maybe - and was in shock when he fell on the first lutz because that jump of all jumps had been his best friend all season, that particular lutz worked for him even when he had that meltdown at Japan Open at the beginning of the season. What can he possibly do to stay focused till the end of the program, I wonder, and also not let mistakes get him and affect the rest of his performance because every little point you leave on the table might end up making the difference in a deep field. I felt like Patrick almost gave up on the choregraphic step sequence where Denis Ten beat him on GOE by 0.60 points although Patrick is an amazing footwork skater.

I couldn't watch the gala yesterday, anyone have a link to Chan's Ex?

vCash

vCash
    Welcome, ks777 and SGrand! I hope you enjoy participating in the discussion here

clarie, like spikydurian said, that was a really nice thing you did for your waitress. I cannot imagine what that must have meant to her and her MIL. and I, too, am sorry your dh was not well for much of the event. I hope he feels better soon.

VarBar, I'm with you, I think it could have gone either way and I am thrilled for Denis and Kazhakstan and very happy for Javi and Spain, as well! and what a valiant effort from Hanyu!

I still can't stop watching Patrick's SP. Sublime, as others have said. His movement is so much freer and more open. His work with Johnson certainly paid off in that respect and I am so proud of him.

Quote Originally Posted by crosses9 View Post
    Thank you for posting that crosses9

vCash
    Hi Luckiest1. Great meeting you in London. CBC showed the individual skaters but not the group number in the finale. The spotlight aimed directly at my eyes so I couldn't see Patrick's quad- but guessed what it was from the reaction! Wonderful way to end the gala.

vCash

Patrick Uber Thread - road to Sochi

Quote Originally Posted by Bournekraatzfan View Post
    Welcome, ks777 and SGrand! I hope you enjoy participating in the discussion here

clarie, like spikydurian said, that was a really nice thing you did for your waitress. I cannot imagine what that must have meant to her and her MIL. and I, too, am sorry your dh was not well for much of the event. I hope he feels better soon.

VarBar, I'm with you, I think it could have gone either way and I am thrilled for Denis and Kazhakstan and very happy for Javi and Spain, as well! and what a valiant effort from Hanyu!

I still can't stop watching Patrick's SP. Sublime, as others have said. His movement is so much freer and more open. His work with Johnson certainly paid off in that respect and I am so proud of him.

Thank you for posting that crosses9
    Thanks so much Bournekraatzfan!

vCash
    This is the only Patrick thread it's safe to come to right now. I've read the bashing in previous comps, and I'll bet this one tops them all. I just don't get haters. Don't they have lives? I haven't been in the PbP threads this time.......I just find it too upsetting. Pretty much the same with V/M too. I'm just grateful that I can appreciate brilliance along with the rest of you here. I'm looking forward to seeing Patrick and V/M at CSOI in Kingston in April.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Perhaps Patrick should try to leave his record breaking or best skate for LP because right now those people treated as if his SP didn't exist at all and his win was based solely on his LP (while others are the combination of SP and LP).

vCash
    Well I've been trying to counter some of the "hysteria" with facts and logic. A couple people, at least, seem to understand when it's summarized for you in black & white

I can't help it. I'm a numbers geek.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    But when some nonsense such as Patrick getting +3GOE for falls was posted, do you think that person would care for the facts?

vCash
    I am with you, Clarie, I will just stay here for the time being. I am glad for people like professordeb who can wade through the sh*t and stand up for our boy. It saddens me to think what he must have to put up with day in and day out. I am so glad that the London audience showed him the love. I cant wait for CSOI.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    I am with you, Clarie, I will just stay here for the time being. I am glad for people like professordeb who can wade through the sh*t and stand up for our boy. It saddens me to think what he must have to put up with day in and day out. I am so glad that the London audience showed him the love. I cant wait for CSOI.
    Me too luckiest1. I find the bitching ugly and uncalled. I am disappointed that so called figure skating fans are much alike the stereotype football fans. But I promised myself that I will stay on to support Patrick till he retires. The more they bitch, the more I want to see PChiddy wins!

Just found this on you-tube. Nine yo Patrick competing in Ontario. In one of his interviews, he told that this was the costume his mum put together and which he wore three years in a row.
    Last edited by spikydurian; 03-19-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I look forward to watching that clip tonight when I am off work. Thanks! So no one got to see the gala finale on CBC....did anyone catch it on Bold? CBC also skipped showing Daisuke's exhibition. I don't understand why they always skip showing the finale group number on TV, as the skaters put so much work into learning the choreography at practice. This time, they had Julie Marcotte and Shawn Sawyer working with them. Patrick came out in a London Knights jersey with "P. Chiddy" on the back and did his quad at the very end. He was so pumped when he landed it. I hope video of this surfaces.

vCash
    I watched it on BOLD and was chatting with some people while watching -- don't you just love laptops? I was late to seeing it cause my TV schedule showed it as a 7 PM start and then while here at FSU someone said it was about to start. I was about 25 minutes late to the party but enjoyed what I saw. I wasn't too impressed with the finale -- at least as it was shown on TV. My guess is that it might have been better live since sometimes the camera shot was looking to the wrong place. BOLD didn't include the "thanks" part after the finale. So sad about that cause I think I would have enjoyed hearing it.
    Crazy about sports!

vCash
    Interview with PJ Kwong

Highlights:
    • Plans on continuing his training in Detroit with coach Kathy Johnson
    • Plans on keeping same SP next season and has a piece of music already in mind for a new LP

vCash
    I watched the BOLD version in its entirety and quickly went through the CBC telecast. I'm almost positive I saw Dai in the CBC version. BOLD showed the group finale. That's the only thing I've been repeating. I loved it. I was sad they didn't include The Hockey Song, especially given the recent passing of Stompin' Tom.

Keeping the same SP? I understand the strategy but I can already hear the groaning and moaning. My biggest fear with that is that he may not work with Jeff for the new LP.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manhn View Post
    My biggest fear with that is that he may not work with Jeff for the new LP.
    What makes you say that? He didn't work with Jeff on this year's LP either ...

vCash
    Thanks for posting the interview. Bold often shows longer versions than CBC - so I'll look for it on Bold on demand. They're repeating the juniors at the moment. I'm delighted he's keeping the short. I treasure a faint hope he'll go back to Lori for the long.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast