Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sequins View Post
    WOW! Patrick Chan you friggin rocked tonight! It was such a strange night with all the top guys making errors I was so nervous and Patrick just killed
    it! I hope he does it again in the LP then the 'critics' can shut it because there is no way anyone can say he didn't earn it and deserve it tonight(if they do they're just bitter). The crowd was awesome, Patricks expression at the end was priceless what a great day of skating, loved it. Denis Ten was adorable and just so good and Kevin?! What can you say? Don't think anyone saw those two sitting where they are currently but all the best to them in the LP as well. Hanyu and Verner I felt heartbroken for but oddly enough they both took it remarkably well.
    This. Sending lots of positive energy to Hanyu and Verner.

I actually thought Ten should have received higher marks than he did for PCS. Anyways, so great to see him do so well. I am watching both Patrick and Denis on repeat. Such complete programs...wow. Sorry for posting so much.

vCash
    I'm gobsmacked. And so happy!!! Out of my skin happy.

Some diehard I am. I've not been paying enough attention because I had no idea the sp was today and when I was first catching up on the thread and reading the reports on the sp, I figured they were from a morning practice. Holy crap. Holy crap! It could be those 2 beers on this "school night" barking, but that sp got me choked up. The standings are remarkable, what an exciting competition.

vCash
    Before I go to bed I just wanted to post and say that I now know what it feels like to witness perfection at a world championship! What an amazing night of skating, and to be so close...it's unbelievable. Patrick was brilliant. Bring on the free skate! Was also very nice to meet fellow fans this afternoon.

vCash
    does anyone have links or ways to view cbc coverage. I am stuck in the us this week and proxy isn't working to watch online

vCash
    This has to be Patrick's first clean SP performance since 2012 Canadians. It was really high time for him to get his world record back internationally.

Hope Patrick will in the free skate too and send a new message to his naysayers and fair weather supporters reading "Never count me out for gold when it counts."

I feel so badly for Yuzuru but I am so happy for Denis Ten and his gorgeous skate of last night.

vCash
    Wow if Patrick wins tomorrow then he will be three times consecutive World Champion going into the Olympics

Has anyone dominated like Patrick has in the past?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post
    Wow if Patrick wins tomorrow then he will be three times consecutive World Champion going into the Olympics

Yagudin comes to mind

vCash
    luckiest1, thank you for posting your impressions from the SP. I am so happy you got to see it all live. And it is even nicer that some of you have had a chance to meet. I am so jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Manaud View Post
    does anyone have links or ways to view cbc coverage. I am stuck in the us this week and proxy isn't working to watch online
    Try this link that professordeb was kind enough to post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x3d6Y5nSYs

If that doesn't work, try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uJ2bYe_Yfs

I hope that helps. If those don't work, let me know and I will try to find others.

vCash
    I'm not a Patrick uber at all, but I've always appreciated his skating. His SP last night was one of the absolute best programs I've ever seen from any skater. WOW.

recovering Oly-holic
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by walei View Post

Alexei Yagudin, Scott Hamilton, and if you want to go way back Dick Button won 5 (and the old warhorses Salchow with 10 and Schafer with 7.)

vCash
    Also Kurt Browning.

vCash
    I'm so happy for Patrick and for those who watched it live at the rink, I can't wait to hear about your experience when you all have the time to write it.

vCash
    Denis ten was good but nowhere near Patrick in artistry. He also had a great program from Lori.

Patrick was amazing. It was an honor to be there when he smashed the record.

Hanyu is injured. Tracy said only 75% well after injury.

Patrick had a cute interview the night before here he said that his quad is like his inlaws. If he has a good one they will let him marry the daughter.

vCash
    The noise was deafening as the crowd rose their feet during Patrick's final spin and to be sweep up in that collective euphoria was one of the most exhilarating experiences I've ever had. To be able to witness Partick's phenomenal perfomance is a memory I will always cherish. One day I'll be able say I saw the best blade to ice skater there ever was and likely ever be. No one covers the ice the way Patirck does, it's the speed and power that gets me every time I see him live. Genius.

And to my fellow Patrick fans, it was wonderful meeting you all.

vCash
    Thanks, I saw these links but was hoping to hear the cbc commentary. I really appreciate you taking the time to post these for me. I was supposed to be in London this week since it is just a short drive away but things just didn't work out and I had to give my tickets away...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixana View Post
    Alexei Yagudin, Scott Hamilton, and if you want to go way back Dick Button won 5 (and the old warhorses Salchow with 10 and Schafer with 7.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Proustable View Post
    Also Kurt Browning.
    Kurt and the others, yes. Yags had 3 consecutive titles leading up to 2002, but Plushenko was the reigning champ going into those Olys (he won in 2001). So it has been a while since a man had 3 consecutive titles, and was the reigning WC, going into the Olympics.

vCash
    Manaud, I watched it and I don't think that Tracey and Scott even had too much to say during the performance as they just loved it.The usual comments about his speed/flow, and Kurt liked his "Skid". Tracey (I think) liked his old school thinking by putting the quad with the toe on it at the beginning of the program to just get it done, rather than put it in the 2nd half for more points. Someone may have commented about proving all the people wrong who were complaining about him just having the dance coach. They did mention that he took a few lessons with Scott Davis and then skated in Detroit, but no mention of who (if anyone), he took lessons from in Detroit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
    I'm not a Patrick uber at all, but I've always appreciated his skating. His SP last night was one of the absolute best programs I've ever seen from any skater. WOW.
    Same here. With Buttle's elegant vision and Patrick's delivery, it was incredible

Has Jeffrey's interview post- SP been posted here? Jeff has some nice insights
    http://www.cbc.ca/player/Sports/Figu...ID/2343930035/
    improving my ballad- like lines

vCash
    Thank you luckiest1 and everyone for a cozy gathering under the pressure before his SP.
    I will give my impression after the FS tomorrow, 'cause "the game's isn't over until it's over."

Instead, as I saw his practice this afternoon at the practice rink (I went there by Taxi after ladies FS and came back before SD), I''ll give just some information about his FS practice.

Jump layout:
    4T-3T, 4T, 3Lz, / 3A, 3Lo, 3F-1Lo-3S, 3Lz-2T, 2A

So 3A remains second half. 3F-1Lo-3S is not the end of the long side as it was. He will do in the middle of short side it in front of the judges just like that 3Lz-2T.
    I don't know why he changed the layout. Maybe because of the shortage of the rink size?

Almost all jumps were solid. I noticed he again has changed his 3A style a bit. Now it's more solid with more height and less width. Gorgeous and beautiful.
    He was solid in attempting each jumps separately but not so during the run-through.

What he did in the run-through this afternoon ware;
    4T-3T, 3T, 3Lz, 3Afall, 3Lo, 3F-1lo-3S, 3Lzfall, 2A

After the run-through, he tried both 3A and 3Lz with additional choreography and landed them.

I see no problem in his jumps themselves. So it's the matter of how he gets caught up in the moment.

That's all for now.
    Good luck Patrick!

vCash
    Thank you so much for tor giving us your impressions of his practice session, complete with the jump layout, ali_dorate. I hope you had a great time!

And thank you Miriam and PCFan for your reports. I am so glad you enjoyed the event

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast