Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I'm glad London is gearing up for Worlds. I don't have a banner, but will have a big flag........I know, it will clash with my orange jacket , but must make that sacrifice for the good of fandom
    If Worlds ever come to Australia, I will wave the Canadian flag for you Clarie ... (but of course, the possibility is pretty remote .. much like dreaming of striking gold lotto). BTW, why should the red and white flag clash with your orange jacket? The brighter the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coriana
    I think Patrick finds something to love wherever he is, and always speaks with uncensored enthusiasm. I'm sure there'll be lots of considerations, and he'll have to sort out the order of importance, but it may also be a toss up between Elaje et. al and the mountain bike trails. I hope he'll return to Lori as well, but he'll set his own course. I imagine his results in London will be the deciding factor in his next choices.
    Yes Coriana, Patrick seems to have this 'happy enthusiastic personality' which tends to rub off on others. But of course, his honesty and readiness to answer questions has got him into trouble too.

Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    I suppose we can safely strike off Krylova and Camerlengo as an option for Patrick unless he plans on switching to ice dancing. I didn't get the feeling from reading the icenetwork article that Patrick was looking for a technical coach in Detroit because he said (quote) "I didn't think about taking from anyone else." Wonder if Eddie Shipstad joined Patrick for his two or three-week stay in Detroit or if Patrick had to find a local "man with a pole." Is Eddie as mobile as Kathy Johnson?
    I too wondered about that particular sentence - what he was referring to? Problem with journalist reporting on an 1/2 hour interview is that we read part of the answer without knowing the question posed. That can be very misleading. (I remembered a colleague who was phone-interviewed by a journalist and the outcome was that based on his comments, women called in to call him a male chauvanist. For those who knew him well that that was the last thing you would call my colleague! It was the result of picking part of a comment without the full context of the interview). Like Coriana said, Patrick's enthusiastic response has created questions. We will have to wait till after Worlds to find out whether he will move to Detroit and if he will also get a technical coach (at least part time). This coach will have to agree to be p/t instead of his main coach since the interview seems to indicate that Kathy will remain the 'main coach'. We will see. Shall we take a bet whether he will move to Detroit? Again, life is never boring with PChiddy.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Well, one consideration to remember is Detroit's proximity to Toronto, where he occasionally works with his trainer (and where his family lives). It's only a 4 hour drive.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Well, one consideration to remember is Detroit's proximity to Toronto, where he occasionally works with his trainer (and where his family lives). It's only a 4 hour drive.
    My geography is bad. With this fact, I bet that he will move to Detroit!

vCash
    Spkidurian You are a wonderful fan. It's too bad you live so far away. I hope you get to see Patrick skate someday. I wish we could all bundle you up and bring you to worlds with us .
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Isn't his trainer in Alberta?
    Spikeydurian, I didn't realize you hadn't seen Patrick skate live. There really is no comparison with what you see on TV. The speed and the distances just don't come through the screen. Switching cameras and angles allow us to see more detail, but we somethings iare lost as well. I like to go to Skate Canada which is early to see the programmes live, so I know the big picture when I'm watching the other competitions.

You're absolutely spot on about the reporting from interviews. Seasoned politicians and literary figures have all fallen victim to having a response qouted without the question. My skating buddy is a politician and it just happened to her, though, luckily not in a way that was harmful. Reporters need to create a story and draw attention to themselve and their articles. One has to be so careful, but when one is careful, one are termed "guarded", or "evasive". Even when Patrick was ambushed by the Globe and Mail a couple of years ago, he said he would continue to be the same outgoing, chatty person he has always been. From the past tense, my bet is the question was phrased something like - "did you move to Detroit in order to get input from another coach?" Anything other than an emphatic "no" would have stirred up quite a hornet's nest, and might have been construed as Patrick blaming his difficulties this year on his team.

Anyway, like Clarie, I wish we could beam you over. Save those air line rewards. I get a major trip every year or two with mine.

vCash
    Yes, there is no comparison to seeing Patrick live!

vCash
    "Taking from anyone else" = "taking lessons from any other coach" in typical skating lingo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I wish we could all bundle you up and bring you to worlds with us .
    I soooooo wish.... too, Clarie!

vCash
    Did anyone see Patrick's little segment on George Stombo's show last night? George tweeted about it which is the only reason I caught it. I looked like it was taped when he was there for his interview. It was really cute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Did anyone see Patrick's little segment on George Stombo's show last night? George tweeted about it which is the only reason I caught it. I looked like it was taped when he was there for his interview. It was really cute.
    Just saw Patrick's segment it was hilarious (skating trash talk!) and he's so adorable. He's such a natural in front of the camera; could acting be in his future? Here's the link http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/platform-v...meg-tilly.html. The good thing is Patrick's segment is at the top of the show.
    Last edited by PCFan; 03-05-2013 at 05:44 PM.

vCash
    I'm going to Worlds -by myself

vCash
    Thanks for posting. That was great. Acting, not really, TV personality, for sure. He could be Kurt's natural heir. Is suspect he'll do something entirely different, unfortunately.

vCash
    Luckiest1 do you want to arrange a meeting for us Fans. We dont know London so will need some help. Maybe there is a coffee place we can get together in that is walking distance from the Gardens?

vCash
    Hmmm, good idea, let me think where would be best.......

vCash
    Ladies, if you haven't seen it, do not miss the video of Kevin being interviewed by two Japanese amateurs who don't know who he is, which PJ has retweeted. The tweet is about Figure Skating Fans. I would post it if I had any idea how. But if you follow PJ or access her twitter, it's worth the effort. The two Japanese lads intercept Kevin and Rudi as they are about to go shopping, from the looks of it, as part of some TV contest. It's hilarious. I know I should put this in "the other than Chan: thread, but I wanted our little group to read about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Luckiest1 do you want to arrange a meeting for us Fans. We dont know London so will need some help. Maybe there is a coffee place we can get together in that is walking distance from the Gardens?
    Wow! I'm willing to join!!

vCash
    PJ picks Chan for bronze behind Fernandez and Hanyu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS3AtF8F8X0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    PJ picks Chan for bronze behind Fernandez and Hanyu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rS3AtF8F8X0
    I don't understand why PJ is so mean to Kevin. How come Max could beat Kevin ? IF both skate clean Kevin still win.

vCash
    Me too, but you'd have to post time and place here as I'm not sure if I'm bringing my cf.....I only use it for emergencies and pay every month....but fortunately I haven't had any emergeincies yet so it's never been used
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Luckiest1,
    Can we leave meeting time and place with you?
    Miriam

Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast