Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    I subscribed and paid to view icenetwork, and was geoblocked, but couldn't get my $ back. So we'll see if this one is any different. I'm still nervous for Patrick and his risky coaching situation. He seems to have regressed technically. Please correct me if you think I'm wrong (it might be reassuring ). I want to see him skate 2 perfect programs.
    I wish I could correct you but nothing encouraging comes to mind because I too think that Patrick has regressed a bit technically. Perhaps 'stagnated' would be a properer word to describe but when others make advancements and you stagnate, stagnation isn't any better than regression. On the other hand though, there seems to be more fs viewers who've been enjoying Chan's skating and his programs this season as opposed to previous ones.

La Boheme marks a departure in emotion for Chan. He has found a way to challenge himself artistically, giving the audience great skating and great expression. He knows that the best in the world have closed the gap on him, and the Sochi gold won’t come with complacency
    http://www.examiner.com/article/top-...-to-get-better

But let's see what Patrick has to say before the upcoming Canadians.

I don’t have any secret weapon I’ve been working on,” he said. “I’ve been going back to what has worked before the last two worlds and basically that’s doing things like more run-throughs. My nemesis is I haven’t been able to consistently skate a clean program and I really want to be consistent in landing those back-to-back quads. Until I do, I’ll hold off doing another quad until the worlds.
    http://www.lfpress.com/2013/01/09/ch...o-defend-title

Quote Originally Posted by luckiest1 View Post
    Patrick tweeted (instagramed?) pictures from a Hawaiian luau last night. I sure hope that doesn't mean he's currently in Hawaii!
    The article I linked above writes that Patrick was on a conference call from Colorado Springs this past Wednesday.

Is this one of the pictures you were referring to?

http://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws...0a1f9ab7_7.jpg

vCash
    No, I hadn't seen that picture. But the article you linked above also talks about Patrick's recent vacation in Hawaii as "more of a mental break as much as anything and helped him get over a disappointing third-place finish at the Grand Prix final in early December". Sounds like he has had a bit of training in Colorado Springs since. I just want him to be on top of his game this week in Mississauga.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    I wish I could correct you but nothing encouraging comes to mind because I too think that Patrick has regressed a bit technically. Perhaps 'stagnated' would be a properer word to describe but when others make advancements and you stagnate, stagnation isn't any better than regression. On the other hand though, there seems to be more fs viewers who've been enjoying Chan's skating and his programs this season as opposed to previous ones.
    Thanks VarBar for the pix of Patrick and Tess(?????) in Hawaii. I did try to look for it after luckiest1 mentioned it but couldn't find it. That was probably his Christmas holiday? Oh well, it does look like he's kind of 'taking time off' this year so I won't be expecting any new quads. Personally, I don't think he regressed. According to a knowledgeable poster, he thinks Patrick's technic is still intact. Oh well, as Clarie said before, 'he's a big boy now'. Only himself can determine what he wants and motivate himself towards his goal. As fans, we of course would like to see him achieve his fullest potential and win that elusive OGM for himself, Canada and those who care and believe in him.

Clarie, I was in the same boat as you were. My IceNetwork sub was geoblocked too and I couldn't get my refund.

Quote Originally Posted by jlaries
    I also love the fanvids of gala/practices/behind the scenes. I'll brave my motion sickness to watch an hours worth of these vids if only to see how wonderful the camaraderie and friendships are between the skaters. It's unbelievably consoling amidst these forums, if only we could take the skaters' leads.
    Yes, jlaries. Some of the us in skating forums can take the cue from these boys. We don't have to throttle each other's throats just because we are fans of skaters who are competing against each other. Here you are again, jlaries. The boys wanna have fun at Skate Canada. I love the pictures taken by emi-skatefan. Thanks emi-skatefan if you are reading this post.

Off now.. for my holiday. Go Patrick go!
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    I love the pic "boys just wanna have fun". It looks like they get along a lot better than some of the fans , and if that's a picture of Tess, then I can't blame Patrick for his amorous tendencies this year as she's a real cutie
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    His girlfriend in that picture looks like Laura Lepisto!

vCash
    Nice to read that Patrick was able to pick the brains of those great Canadian & World champions. If you have instagram, you can follow pchan31 or tessamess to see the Hawaii pictures they have posted.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Thanks VarBar for the pix of Patrick and Tess(?????) in Hawaii. I did try to look for it after luckiest1 mentioned it but couldn't find it. That was probably his Christmas holiday? Oh well, it does look like he's kind of 'taking time off' this year so I won't be expecting any new quads. Personally, I don't think he regressed. According to a knowledgeable poster, he thinks Patrick's technic is still intact.
    Patrick scored by 5.26 points lower overall in the GP series of this current season than last season. And he wouldn't have won the latest Grand Prix Final with the score he received at the 2011 GPF. It's just numbers but they say that numbers don't lie.

Oh well, as Clarie said before, 'he's a big boy now'. Only himself can determine what he wants and motivate himself towards his goal.
    Absolutely. Enjoy your vacation, spikydurian.

I love the pic "boys just wanna have fun". It looks like they get along a lot better than some of the fans , and if that's a picture of Tess, then I can't blame Patrick for his amorous tendencies this year as she's a real cutie
    Oh I can't blame anyone for feeling amorous, love is wonderful. Yes, Tess is a cutie.

http://distilleryimage3.s3.amazonaws...0a9e2975_7.jpg

Pani, nice to see you around in this thread. And thank you for the link.

vCash
    Cute little segment with a cute little Patrick mention. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qxq51j3UzII

I'm thoroughly enjoying all the rapid fire/minute Skate Canada interviews.

vCash

Awaiting Validation
    vCash
    Patrick Chan@Pchiddy
    Looking forward to sitting in the red chair with @strombo tomorrow! Go to georgetickets@cbc.ca for tickets.

This is great exposure for Patrick...can't wait to see it. The George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight show airs at 7pm and 11:30pm on CBC and can be viewed online the following morning here http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/
    Last edited by PCFan; 01-16-2013 at 04:16 AM.

vCash
    Patrick Chan avoids being flushed away: http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/17...g-flushed-away
    "Randy [Starkman (1960-April 16, 2012)] lived by the same motto as the rest of us. The Olympics isn’t every four years, it’s every single day. He just got it." --Canadian Olympic kayaker Adam van Koeverden

vCash
    Thanks for the link - but holy cow, that is such a poorly written article!

vCash
    This is hilarious.

“I got sick – I had the runs,” the 22-year-old said. “I … went to my long program and had to take Imodium and take Tums. I thought, 'I may not have clean pants by the end of this'
    Didn't Joshua Farris too feel some discomfort in Sochi because of the local food? I remember I read something to this effect at FSU after the Grand Prix Final.

And these parts had me laugh to tears.

It was like showing up at The Shining – the flicker of the lights in the hallways.

At least some Jack Nicholson character didn't chop an axe through the door to Chan's room while sneering, “Here's Johnny.
    Thanks, Sylvia.

Patrick running through his free program at Canadians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDLTI7X4ycM

vCash
    Thanks for posting that! I am loving that program more and more and those opening quads looked easy! Those are some scratchy jump landings later though, I wonder what's going on with the lutz landing?

vCash
    Poor Patrick. I sincerely hope he'll have access to healthy diet next time he'll visit Sochi.

Thank you for the practice vid. Those quads are gorgeous. Go Patrick!
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 01-18-2013 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    I've been in Patrick's position while travelling and it's very frustrating to not be able to find something decent to eat that doesn't make you sick. Next time he's in Sochi, he should have some "Depends" on hand. Isabelle Brasseur can skate wearing them
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I've been in Patrick's position while travelling and it's very frustrating to not be able to find something decent to eat that doesn't make you sick. Next time he's in Sochi, he should have some "Depends" on hand. Isabelle Brasseur can skate wearing them
    I don't know... those pants are pretty fitted, you might see some bunching.

vCash
    omg I swear I am laughing so hard right now. Poor Patty but at least he can joke about it and you guys are hilarious.

vCash
    Six consecutive Canadian champion Patrick Chan, Congratulations! I think opening quad toe-triple toe is the best in this season.

Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast