Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

vCash
    If shows up like that, women will be throwing bras instead of panties......than Patrick will have all the bras he needs to match the panties

You can tell everyone is getting antsy here and elsewhere.....these last few weeks are the hardest
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Clarie & VarBar, what do you think will happen If Patrick appears on the ice one fine day in bicycle tights and bra?
    Patrick's haters would probably concede that Chan finally managed to get them entertained while being quick though to point out that Patrick Chan definitely lost his mind. And Patrick's ubers would probably say he's cute, funny, innovative, adorable with a wonderful sense of humor and a real joy to watch. How did I do?

He was the first speaker for the Mac Campbell Lecture Series to the year 12 graders in Trinity College Ontario.
    Good start for Chan's post-skating career, didn't he tell a reporter he would like to join politics once he has hung up his skates?

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    If PG appears in bicycle tights and a bra he will remind everyone of Lloyd Eisler. He will have to fill out in some areas though!
    Could it be this Llyod Eisler?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhiJb...ailpage#t=178s

vCash
    Could it be this Llyod Eisler?
    The very same. But he obviously likes cross dressing because I was thinking of the EX they did with Isabel dressed as a man and Lloyd as a woman.
    I can still see the petite Isabel twirling her moustache!

vCash
    Not sure what is the award for? Assume it’s something related to service? Can someone elaborate?
    "Created in honour of John Ralston's Saul, French for the Future's founder, this award is bestowed to a public figure who showed a great perseverance in learning French as a second language, or to a public figure from a French-speaking minority community who contributed to the outreach of French in his or her professional career.
    The first laureate of the John Ralston Saul Award is Patrick Chan, Olympic figure skater."
    If you scroll down the page, you will find a little video where Patrick talks of the benefits for him of being able to speak both official languages of Canada. He says, among other things, that being able to speak French gave him several unforgettable experiences. For instance, during his stay in Nice for the World Championships, he could share his experiences with French supporters and skaters. Patrick encourages all Canadians to be proud of their bilingual heritage.

http://www.french-future.org/en/qui-sommes-nous/prix

Mystery solved.
    Last edited by VarBar; 09-22-2012 at 12:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Lastly, congratulations to Patrick Chan on winning the first John Ralston Saul Award.
    Thank you!
    I wish I could understand what he said.
    I'm glad to know he enjoyed having good time with French supporters and skaters at Nice.

I'm afraid ali_dorate will be disappointed in that picture because Patrick's hair is still short.
    Yes, I am.
    But it's still early in the season. I'll cling to hope. Please, Patrick, don't forget you'll play a role of a romantic poet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar
    Mystery solved
    Oh you are wonderful, VarBar. A specially for you!
    Aren’t most Canadians bilingual? (Hmm.. that's the impression I get from my Canadian colleagues though not all are highly proficient in both English and French). Isn’t Buttle from the same school as Patrick? So Buttle should be bilingual as well? Like ali dorate, I don’t understand a single word except ‘merci’.

That’s hilarious and the crowd seems to be having great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ali dorate
    But it's still early in the season. I'll cling to hope. Please, Patrick, don't forget you'll play a role of a romantic poet.
    I like your positivity, ali dorate. Looking at his super short hair now, it will take at least six months to grow to shoulder length ... in time for the Worlds!

vCash
    Spiky,
    I am not bilingual not that many are!

No, Paul Poirier and Patrick were both in french immersion school.

vCash
    http://www.stratfordbeaconherald.com...coming-to-city

Patrick will be part of the cast in 'Celebration on Ice' tour. The other casts include four-time world champion Kurt Browning, two-time Olympic silver medalist Elvis Stojko, Olympic bronze medalist Joannie Rochette, world champion Jeffrey Buttle, Canadian champions Cynthia Phaneuf, Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford, Canadian silver medalist Shawn Sawyer, along with world extreme ice skating champions Violetta Afanasieva and Pete Dack.

vCash
    Newmarket is not all that far for me.
    I shall try to make it!

vCash
    Isn’t Buttle from the same school as Patrick? So Buttle should be bilingual as well?
    Jeff is bilingual because he grew up in Northern Ontario, where many communities were either French or bilingual. He might not have attended the same school as Patrick.
    Last edited by seabm7; 09-24-2012 at 07:06 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by seabm7 View Post
    Jeff is bilingual because he grew up in Northern Ontario, where many communities were either French or bilingual. He might not have attended the same school as Patrick.
    Nope. Pretty sure Jeff also attended French school, though perhaps not the same one as Patrick as there are more than one up here

vCash
    ^^ Somehow at the back of mind, I remembered reading somewhere that Jeff also went to a French immersion school though my aging grey matter may be playing tricks on me.

vCash
    Patrick and Paul Poirier went to the same French Immersion school in Toronto. I think Jeff is from Sudbury? Sault? So may have been to a local french immersion school.

vCash
    Like ali dorate, I don’t understand a single word except ‘merci’.
    You will notice that I have my own difficulties with languages even when I can turn to machine translation.

Could someone provide a human translation to these lines please?

Slip overwhelming as they will be drawn even watching practice.
    It is a slip of a king indeed.
    Not sure I understood the next paragraph either except that they seemingly asked David Wilson if there's anything Patrick is missing and he seemingly responded in the negative.

http://www.facebook.com/txfigure

vCash
    I think if you replace slip with skate you will get the meaning.
    They were overwhelmed by his skate and thought it was the skate of a champion/king!

vCash
    Could someone provide a human translation to these lines please?

Not sure I understood the next paragraph either except that they seemingly asked David Wilson if there's anything Patrick is missing and he seemingly responded in the negative.

Replace "slip" with "glide" then you'll get the actual meaning
    You've got right for the second one.

ETA: Emdee beat me

Patrick Chan is preparing for his next season in Toronto.
    His gliding(skating) was breathtaking even in practice.
    It was surely a glide of a king.

I was able to get some words on Patrick from David Wilson, who choreographed Patrick's short program(I believe it was his LP?)

Q: What is Patrick's weakness? (What should Patrick improve?)
    A: Nothing.

It is unbelievable that Patrick makes the big-name choreographer say something like that.
    However, Patrick himself claims he still has a lot to improve, practicing even at holidays.

Team NA is a defending Champion of the Japan Open.
    It's certainly a big obstacle on Team Japan's winning this year.

vCash
    From icenetwork

Aaron, who trains in Colorado Springs under Tom Zakrajsek, has been working with two-time world champion Patrick Chan and Chan's coach, modern dance expert Kathy Johnson, on his balance and movement.

"I'm very excited [Patrick] let me work in his camp because he's really strict on who goes in and who goes out," Aaron said. "He is a great supporter, and I've learned a lot from him. There is a great bond going between us. I'm also fairly close with his coach, and it's a lot of fun to work with him on the ice and off the ice.

According to Aaron, Chan's talents extend well beyond skating.

"He's a great modern dancer. I've seen a performance that he showed and I think he can move like no one's business. He makes it look so easy, and it translates and correlates to what he does on the ice. It's amazing to watch him and learn from the best."

vCash
    Proustable, thanks for bringing this over. It's obvious Patrick is a great person to train with, we've heard it from Joshua Farris and now Max Aaron.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nlyoung View Post
    Nope. Pretty sure Jeff also attended French school, though perhaps not the same one as Patrick as there are more than one up here
    Thanks for the correction .

vCash
    Thanks Proustable. Found this vid: Patrick and Max as training buddies and friends.
    http://www.koaa.com/news/local-figur...prettyPhoto/0/

fscric, I agree that there is always something to learn when training with one's competitive peers if we set our hearts and minds to learn from each other instead of being envious. I remembered reading somewhere that Patrick had learned a lot from Buttle when he joined the senior men.

Thanks Vigilae for the translation. I think Team Japan is as strong if not stronger than Team NA. Don't think Team Japan will be easy to beat. Anyway, looking forward to JO with the great list of figures skaters involved. And most of all, can't wait to see Patrick's new program.

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast