Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1006
    vCash
    I'm glad to hear that it's David Wilson and not Buttle doing the LP - I thought there was something lacking in Patrick's choreography last year, although it's hard to pin down what was wrong. I liked his programs from a few years back.

vCash
    I dont think there was anything lacking in the LP choreo last year it just seemed that Patrick went through a difficult patch working with new placement of jumps and different choreo. Lori's programs are very repetitive ( though beautiful and great mark getters).

vCash
    Favourite SP: Exilados
    Favourite LP: Aranjuez

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wonder whether Wilson gave him a list of music to choose from or Patrick gave Wilson his music?
    Patrick said he first thought about using that music two years ago but decided to save it for the Olympic season and since he was not working with Wilson in those times, I would assume he suggested his preference to David later on when he changed choreographers.

Though I want him to do something different from Elegie ... something dramatic as Elegie is not.

What are your opinions? Which Patrick's programs you all like best? I was first attracted to Exilados, love Aranjuez (music and choreo), amazed by his footwork sequence in Take Five and learning to love and appreciate Elegie more and more.
    As a fan of Lori's choreographic style, I really miss her in Patrick's team. And it seems I am not the only one. I had this dream that Lori choreographed Chan's footwork in both programs for the coming season but unfortunately not all my dreams come true. lol Then again, it's the judges Patrick needs to satisfy and I thought he was quite successful in doing that with Elegie when he skated the program cleanly. He would probably have broken 100 at Worlds with a better 4T/3T and a better 3A. I also feel his PC mark would have been monstrously high in the free skate if he hadn't made all those technical mistakes.

I too am hoping for a contrast between the short program and the long one.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    Thanks for all the pics VarBar
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    So does any one think its going to be Lawrence of Arabia?

I recall he liked that one two years ago and then chose Aranjuez instead at the last moment.

The score would be quite appropriate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    Patrick said he first thought about using that music two years ago but decided to save it for the Olympic season and since he was not working with Wilson in those times, I would assume he suggested his preference to David later on when he changed choreographers.
    Thanks for the reminder, VarBar. If it's two years ago, then it would be a music he has listened to. I am sure Wilson can come up with something which makes full use of Patrick's talent and skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    I recall he liked that one two years ago and then chose Aranjuez instead at the last moment.
    Did he? I cannot recall. I do like Lawrence of Arabia, and can imagine him skating to it! Would really love to see him skate his best especially since he is likely to retire after Sochi.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

vCash
    Spiky I visited Wadi rum in my trip last month...

I too can see Patrick doing Lawrence... but who knows if that will be the case.

vCash
    Can't wait to find out what the new music will be! spiky, I am going to SA with a couple of friends and then meeting up with a few more once we get there. It will be different not having Patrick to watch, but maybe less stressful? LOL

vCash
    I'm looking forward to Nat's here. As far as watching Patrick, to me it is less stressful than Worlds, and it's just up the road a couple of hours this year. I think he'll do well if he skates to something he really likes....."Lawrence of Arabia" would be great for him............powerful music.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Patrick won't come to Japan Open.
    I was bummed but on second thought, maybe he should not come to Japan early in the season. Actually he had subpar performances two years in raw at JO. It's important for him to focus on the first GP event.

So will he debut his new LP at Skate Canada? Or is he going to come in a competition before Skate Canada?
    I hope he will get a good start this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Emdee View Post
    Yes, Ali Dorate is definitely a true blue fan. Was a pleasure to meet her in London.
    Thank you, Emdee and Spiky. I'm not a true blue, but a green fan.
    Hope I'll meet you guys some time in the future. (Unfortunately I can't go to Canadian Nationals).
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 06-19-2013 at 01:08 PM.

vCash
    Green is the colour of my face before Patrick skates !

vCash
    Emdee, you and me both! LOL I find Canadians to be pretty stress free watching, actually. Skate Canada and Worlds, not so much. :p

vCash
    Seconded. There are tooth marks all over my heart. Ali-dorate, we'll probably be at the same hotel at Skate Canada if you're going with the tour. I'll look for you.

vCash
    I too liked Aranjuez. Perhaps it's the comparison of their styles that makes me think something was lacking in Patrick's programs last year - Lori's complex choreography and Jeff's more classical interpretation. I am concerned that the lack of that spectacular difficulty between the elements that Lori showcased, is hurting Patrick's marks because the judges simply expect more from him. And when it's not there, it's easy to hand the marks elsewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Ali-dorate, we'll probably be at the same hotel at Skate Canada if you're going with the tour. I'll look for you.
    So happy I can meet you again at Saint John. But I won't join a tour so I may not be at the same hotel as you are (I'll stay at Hilton). If you'll be in dash tour, then I'm sure I can find you. If I can't, I'll PM you.

I am concerned that the lack of that spectacular difficulty between the elements that Lori showcased, is hurting Patrick's marks because the judges simply expect more from him.
    I've tried not to think of Lori cause I miss her so much. Patrick and Lori are still my dream team. I wanted to see them together at K&C in Sochi. (I felt a bit sad when I saw Lori with Denis at London).
    Anyway, if the FS music is really the one Lori had chosen for Patrick 2 years ago, then, it may be one of the famous music from her music collection. But I trust her choice for Patrick. She always gave Patrick gorgeous dramatic music which suits him well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueglass View Post
    I too liked Aranjuez. Perhaps it's the comparison of their styles that makes me think something was lacking in Patrick's programs last year - Lori's complex choreography and Jeff's more classical interpretation. I am concerned that the lack of that spectacular difficulty between the elements that Lori showcased, is hurting Patrick's marks because the judges simply expect more from him. And when it's not there, it's easy to hand the marks elsewhere.
    In Jeffrey's defense, judging by how Patrick scored on the program components, his choreographer did a great job with the Elegy routine. Chan did place behind other skaters a couple of times in the short program last season but I remember he also lost the SP set to Nichol's Take Five more than once in 2010 and 2011. So I'm guessing the difficulty between the elements, however spectacular it may be, can't save Patrick if he messes his jumps. Especially in the SP which is also known as the "technical program." My only problem with Elegy is the footwork section. Patrick's GOE on the step sequence was less than impressive when you compare it with the GOE he got for this technical element in Take Five.

Quote Originally Posted by ali_dorate View Post
    Patrick won't come to Japan Open.
    I was bummed but on second thought, maybe he should not come to Japan early in the season. Actually he had subpar performances two years in raw at JO. It's important for him to focus on the first GP event.
    I can't say I am surprised. Does anyone know if Patrick set foot in Detroit, or wherever his permanent training base is now, between Canadian Stars on Ice and the Chinese tour? Or did he spend all that time in Canada learning his new LP? Has he had any vacation yet away from skating rinks?

It seems we are approaching 1000 posts here and we will soon need a new thread. Maybe ali dorate would like to start the next one? Just a suggestion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VarBar View Post
    It seems we are approaching 1000 posts here and we will soon need a new thread. Maybe ali dorate would like to start the next one?
    Glad to see we'll reach 1000 posts!
    I'm willing to start the new one. But I don't have an idea for the new thread title. "Road to Sochi" is a perfect one for me. So I can't think of any better alternatives right now. Do you guys have an idea?
    Last edited by ali_dorate; 06-22-2013 at 03:55 AM.

vCash
    road to Sochi 2. Highway to Sochi.

vCash
    Love Patrick. I hope this Olympics will be one where everyone skates well, and no one wins because others made mistakes.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast