Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    vCash

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I have a favour to ask of all of you. I am looking to receive private messages about anything you wish Patrick had not said. (So this might mean you playing Devil's Advocate.) Why I want this info is because I am getting really sick of hearing what to me sounds like hysterical bullcrap about things Patrick has said. As you can tell from my signature! I've heard about and read numerous "objectionable" comments and while some seem unfortunate or debatably objectionable, nothing he has said has really bothered me. I really do feel people are making mountains out of mole hills. The reason I'm asking for private messages is because I don't want to bring people down as this is a cheer thread and I want this thread to remain a happy, celebratory thread. Thank you for considering sending me a private message about this topic.
    It's official. I am madly in love with Meryl Davis.

vCash
    ^^ PeterG, no PM from me because I am not bothered by what Patrick or even other skaters say. Only unnecessary personal attacks and misrepresentation of facts bother me be it on Patrick or other skaters.

On a happy note, thanks for saying in all in your signature.
    Prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them. – Publilius Syrus

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    On a happy note, thanks for saying in all in your signature.
    It's my second Chan-related signature. And I don't even consider myself an uber! But I do love his skating. I think what pisses me off the most is that during the Yagudin years and then the Plushenko years, I was bored by their dominating the sport. But I kept my mouth shut and bided my time. Now that I have a male skater who I really like and is dominating the sport, people are ****ing all over my enjoyment. I guess there were naysayers about Yagudin and Plushenko during their times. (And even AFTER their time possibly with Plushenko.) I just don't understand why people have to go on and on about someone they don't like. I don't have that much time on my hands! Even Denis Ten is reportedly happy with his silver. If anyone should be angry about the scoring it should be him. I'm being quite active in one of the newer Chan threads. It's unlike me. But darnitall, I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore!! ("Network" movie reference... )

vCash
    I'm with you on that Peter G.........nothing Patrick has ever said has even remotely made me think that he is all his "haterz" make him out to be. With his involvement with RM House, etc., I think he's a well rounded young man, and my brief encounters with him (and his parents) solidify my opinion of him as a nice person and well as being an insanely talented and hard working one.
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Network didn't say "heck" surely. I'm with Spikey on this one, Peter G. I did wince FOR Patrick when he made the pressure remark, because I knew there would be an eruption of outrage and scorn. He does tend to blurt a bit but I finding it endearing. He is very young and not running for elected office. My response is simply not to visit those other sites. The only reason for such posts is to provoke a respond, and really - why hand them what they want. Let's just wait in peace, and surely there will be another Patrick triumph to celebrate sometime next season.

vCash
    I'm with you on that Peter G.........nothing Patrick has ever said has even remotely made me think that he is all his "haterz" make him out to be. With his involvement with RM House, etc., I think he's a well rounded young man, and my brief encounters with him (and his parents) solidify my opinion of him as a nice person and well as being an insanely talented and hard working one.
    Addicted to FSU

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corianna View Post
    Network didn't say "heck" surely. I'm with Spikey on this one, Peter G. I did wince FOR Patrick when he made the pressure remark, because I knew there would be an eruption of outrage and scorn. He does tend to blurt a bit but I finding it endearing.
    Network said, "H...E...double hockey sticks"

I don't get the backlash about being able to handle the pressure. He's won three golds in a row. He handled things well enough to beat every other competitor. That's good enough for me. I also appreciate his honest and forthright-ness. I don't want to hear the publicity spiel people are fed and told to say to reporters. We've heard it a hundred times before. I like that Patrick says what's on his mind and isn't trying to baffle us with b.s.

Crazy Stalker Lady
    vCash
    ITA PeterG. I think people just love to hate. And Patrick has dared to say out loud what he really thinks.
    My travel and adventure blog http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com

vCash
    PeterG for prime minister!!! And I will get back to you in a PM for things PChiddy has said because I HAVE cringed a few times. But NOTHING comes even remotely close to negatively affecting the beauty of his skating for me! And ITA that it doesn't earn an ounce of the wrath!

vCash
    PeterG! This is where you employ your fantastic sense of humour as shield and barricade, don't you dare let your enjoyment get trampled!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    But I do love his skating. I think what pisses me off the most is that during the Yagudin years and then the Plushenko years, I was bored by their dominating the sport. But I kept my mouth shut and bided my time. Now that I have a male skater who I really like and is dominating the sport, people are ****ing all over my enjoyment. I guess there were naysayers about Yagudin and Plushenko during their times. (And even AFTER their time possibly with Plushenko.) I just don't understand why people have to go on and on about someone they don't like. I don't have that much time on my hands! Even Denis Ten is reportedly happy with his silver. If anyone should be angry about the scoring it should be him. I'm being quite active in one of the newer Chan threads. It's unlike me. But darnitall, I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it anymore!! ("Network" movie reference... )
    PeterG, you say in all for me, and this is exactly how I feel and think too. (Wise people think alike). I have never utter anything bad about any skaters ever .. not on FSU, GS or even you-tubes not even when those I wanted to see win, lost. I may disagree who is more interesting in my opinion but that's about it all. I cannot comprehend the unwarranted viciousness, childishness and hypocrisy of it all. Sometimes, I think I live on another planet. (But I have decided to live partly on FSU planet until Chan retires).

Corianna, I know it may be best to put them on ignore but like PeterG said, it comes a time when 'enough is enough'. Let us give them their own medicine! There are many ways we can shove the bs they dished out back to them. Honestly, I have been controlling myself all these while .. bidding my time and I am watching. Like they say... save the best for last.

Let the interesting journey to Sochi begins. PeterG, like Accordion said, can we vote you as PM? We need someone who can crack us up occasionally and you have the special touch. <3PeterG

vCash
    Hi PeterG!
    Wise words from corianna, spikey and others here. The hysteria over skaters is ridiculous! I doubt that any of us can change haterz and so I try to make my points politely and respectfully on whatever topic and then move on if the hater/trolls hijack a thread. Yes, one has to take a stand, but pick your battles! It's not easy because trolls will try so hard to bait you and there's always someone who will fall for it and jump in. So many interesting threads get derailed! Sad.
    But PeterG, really, why do you even want to know what those people think? Do you really want a slew of anti-Patrick venom coming your way? At least I think that's what you were asking. Hope I'm wrong. P. is not a politician so I don't think we need to scrutinize every word and (mis)interpret what he's saying. Lighten up! He's an athlete and world peace is not at stake here.
    Wait until post-Sochi. When Patrick and Virtue/Moir retire, who will be the next targets?
    All this having been said, I fully intend to enjoy my fave skaters no matter what others say. My life has been so much more enjoyable since I've blocked the half dozen who seem to want to ruin things for everyone.

vCash
    We know the targets are usually eville Kanadians who win stuff........next one? Kaetlyn?...I think that has already started in some threads, etc. esp. on another forum not to be named
    Addicted to FSU

Argle-Bargle-ist
    vCash
    I don't plan to get into arguments or to bait troils. I'm just going to state facts. Like the pressure thread. How can you see a three-time World gold medallist can't handle the pressure. So I stated that he did enough to win, so he handled the pressure on the world stage just fine and took the top prize. Then again. And then again. If his falling means that he can't handle the pressure, then that means every single male skater below him must be a complete and utter whack-job that needs to be institutionalized immediately as they performed to a lesser degree than Patrick. So I'm not going to be mean. But if somebody sticks their feet in their mouth in the stupidest of ways and I bump their knew pushing the foot down a little further...oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    But PeterG, really, why do you even want to know what those people think? Do you really want a slew of anti-Patrick venom coming your way?
    I want to be able to read threads which might have information about Chan. And I want to read the threads without having to listen to person after person talk about how Chan is supposedly some mystical magician who controls the ISU and all their judges, hexing them into giving him gold medal after gold medal while he falls on every jump he attempts. It's ludicrious.

vCash
    I don't plan to get into arguments or to bait troils. I'm just going to state facts. Like the pressure thread. How can you see a three-time World gold medallist can't handle the pressure. So I stated that he did enough to win, so he handled the pressure on the world stage just fine and took the top prize. Then again. And then again. If his falling means that he can't handle the pressure, then that means every single male skater below him must be a complete and utter whack-job that needs to be institutionalized immediately as they performed to a lesser degree than Patrick. So I'm not going to be mean. But if somebody sticks their feet in their mouth in the stupidest of ways and I bump their knew pushing the foot down a little further...oh well.

I want to be able to read threads which might have information about Chan. And I want to read the threads without having to listen to person after person talk about how Chan is supposedly some mystical magician who controls the ISU and all their judges, hexing them into giving him gold medal after gold medal while he falls on every jump he attempts. It's ludicrious.
    Your thoughts make a whole lot of sense to me! And I love your signature! There are some good ones. I'm planning one from the Dalai Lama once I figure out how to do it:
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.

vCash
    Here's a blog from Kurt re SOI......a mention of Patrick : http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5095
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    Here's Patrick SOI blog......and I'm sorry if it's been posted before but here goes anyway : http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5103
    Addicted to FSU

vCash
    I think what pisses me off the most is that during the Yagudin years and then the Plushenko years, I was bored by their dominating the sport. But I kept my mouth shut and bided my time. Now that I have a male skater who I really like and is dominating the sport, people are ****ing all over my enjoyment. I guess there were naysayers about Yagudin and Plushenko during their times. (And even AFTER their time possibly with Plushenko.) I just don't understand why people have to go on and on about someone they don't like. I don't have that much time on my hands! Even Denis Ten is reportedly happy with his silver. If anyone should be angry about the scoring it should be him.
    It's much easier to accept the possibility of judging bias when the judges possibly favour a skater one really likes. But in that case, usually one sees legitimate reasons for why that skater is scored as he/she is or they are. And the same arguments circulate all the time: skater x or team y won because they are technically superior or artistically superior. And whenever a less-than- clean-skate beats a clean skate, the argument is almost always superior artistry.

I too have bided my time when skaters that were not my favourite dominated and were seemingly favoured by the judges. This was the case for ice dance throughout most of the 90s and 2000s subsequent to K&P, into the 200up until D/W and V/M came onto the scene. And I waited patiently for Shen and Zhao to finally get the recognition they deserved. I was among those who thought they should have beat B&S in 1999 and was horrified at how their historic bronze medal win was completely overlooked during the SLC pairs scandal. So I waited and waited, just as I waited out a long series of dance teams that I didn't much care for dominating the field . But no, I didn't spend time criticizing those skaters/teams.

And you won't be getting any PMs from me Peter G. Patrick is candid and forthcoming, which means he can be tactless at times. Personally, I find that refreshing. He sounds like a person, not a PR parrot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by clarie View Post
    Here's Patrick SOI blog......and I'm sorry if it's been posted before but here goes anyway : http://www.starsonice.com/?content=blog&id=5103
    Thanks Clarie. Happy to hear Patrick and the cast took time off to get nice tan, enjoy the views and smell the ocean air. I am sure the time they spent together as a 'family' will strengthen their bonding. Good luck to them for their preparation to Sochi. Patrick will probably leave for Taiwan and China soon for Artistry on Ice in June. I can't wait to know what music he has chosen for his LP, and of course ... what Tu Ly has in mind of his costumes.

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast